visual indicator for the recording portion of the sensor?

Started by mcbeth316, June 29, 2014, 08:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbeth316

I'm using a t3i , getting used to raw recording .....but I have issues keeping my shot "in frame" "handheld action".......is there a way to maintain a constant  visual cue for the raw recording region......as u know the onscreen overlay disappears when recording starts........or am I missing something

jimmyD30

Not sure if your using MLV or RAW, but when using MLV module you need to set Global Draw to Allow in the MLV module settings section.

mcbeth316

Quote from: jimmyD30 on June 29, 2014, 12:55:08 PM
Not sure if your using MLV or RAW, but when using MLV module you need to set Global Draw to Allow in the MLV module settings section.

thanks don't know how I missed that..................

one other question are there native ML settings for increasing the memory buffer and performance, found this video but I don't  have the stones to try TL just yet, only just installed ML like a month or so ago after loooooooooooong contemplation ......t3i is the only camera I own........and can't buy another too soon.

jimmyD30

I know how you missed it, the same way we ALL missed it! :)

Some feel it should be on Allow by default, but when you are releasing unified builds, then sometimes you have to reduce to the least common denominator, like maybe other camera models don't perform well with it set to Allow? I don't know, just surmising here.

The only buffer settings I'm aware that works best for 5DM2 is in the Canon menu set images to BLANK FOR RAW and SMALLEST JPEG files (this is camera model dependent, e.g. the 5DM3 is just the opposite - you should be able to find out which buffer settings work best for your camera in these forums). There's another one in ML under MLV module called Buffer Type (I think) and setting to 0 or 1 works well for the 5DM2.

mcbeth316

thanks............. setting buffer fill to 0 seems best .......I get :45 secs to as much as 1:15secs before frame dropping starts, then I go to 1:45 before the frame dropping goes wild........shooting at res 1152*432, 2.67:1 aspect ratio........I plan on doing  short takes no more than 35-50 secs so this should be okay.

thanks