ML acting very erratic - what now?

Started by towerscope, June 06, 2013, 03:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

towerscope

Help! I've only been using the software for about three weeks, but my Canon 600d (with v2.3 ML) continues to act a bit "crazy". Meaning - I've experienced a lot of flickering back and forth from certain menu screens, and the ML graphics will flicker "on-and-off" over the canon screen menus. Almost emulating a kind of a short or something. I'm also seeing partially formed menus as well, not fully formed graphics. And now when I play back a movie file withing the camera, it stops after about three seconds, and plays no further. If I put the file in my computer, it plays fine -  just not in the camera. If I switch back to the canon movie software, it records and plays back fine.
I did try deleting the config file, and have formatted the card, restarted the cam, but still no change. Could this be a bad SD card? Could my Canon be having a problem (even though it's new)? It's a level 10 card, 30gb. My canon firmware is up to date as well.

Just wondering what should I do at this point?

Thanks!

1%

Try no ML, nightly ml.. different sd card. Reset all camera settings.

Or you have something on you shouldn't.

Video of it acting up?

towerscope

Yes, I put in another SD, and no problems. Video looks fine. When you say a nightly ML, I'm not certain what you mean. But does that mean there's a different up to date version I can download to the same card that might fix the issue?

Thanks so much....

Towerscope