Split RAW File - Mac

Started by Doyle4, July 07, 2013, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

How do,

I was wondering if someone could be so kind to explain in detail how to join a split file together using cat in terminal? i have seen the command but i get "No directory found", iv dragged the folder into terminal and terminal confirms its a directory, i paste in the code to join and it says No file directory found.

I think what im struggling with is telling Terminal where the files are and where to export, so if someone could possibly Copy and Paste the full details how what they would put so i can copy identically that would be great, i know some file names are different and i would have to rename. Got a 6gb file here that i cant use atm, Iv used RAWmagic to get the dng's but i love RAW2DNG for its extra options and i find it to be much more stable and reliable.

Thanks Guys :)

mageye

I would suggest you use RAWMagic and when you have a sequence of files that need to be joined you select them all and drag them all in together and it will convert them.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't really read the post fully but. I would still say use RAWMagic!

I didn't have any problems joining the files using the CAT command. I also used the drag and drop method and it worked fine. So I am not sure exactly where you are going wrong.
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Doyle4

Quote from: mageye on July 07, 2013, 01:01:33 PM
I would suggest you use RAWMagic and when you have a sequence of files that need to be joined you select them all and drag them all in together and it will convert them.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't really read the post fully but. I would still say use RAWMagic!

I didn't have any problems joining the files using the CAT command. I also used the drag and drop method and it worked fine. So I am not sure exactly where you are going wrong.

Its ok mate thanks for the reply,

Yeah i like RAW2DNG so i can have a ProRess back up without having to do anything to the DNG's and wait for them to convert.

ill show an example of what terminal says:

Last login: Sat Jul  6 22:45:22 on ttys000
Doyles-MacBook-Pro:~ doyle$ cat file1 file2 > /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter-bash: /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter: Is a directory
Doyles-MacBook-Pro:~ doyle$ cat raw1.RAW raw1.R00 > /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter OUT.RAW
-bash: /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter: Is a directory
Doyles-MacBook-Pro:~ doyle$

or

Doyles-MacBook-Pro:~ doyle$ cat raw1.RAW raw1.R00 > OUT.RAWcat: raw1.RAW: No such file or directory
cat: raw1.R00: No such file or directory

And

Last login: Sun Jul  7 12:13:44 on ttys000
Doyles-MacBook-Pro:~ doyle$ /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.R00 /Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.RAW cat raw1.RAW raw1.R00 > OUT.RAW
/Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.R00: line 1: M?Dm?%K?6??j5??X3??4??M4??c?J03?: command not found
/Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.R00: line 2: +2??LspJ?1s??1]?
                                                               ?Oʈ0#??0Y?h?C??0?: command not found
/Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.R00: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/Users/doyle/Desktop/Scooter/raw1.R00: line 5: `d0R???? \)m%s?(jr   ?,3??-?xn??,$??   L'ʨ??
             H+b?˼,????B?K,-R???-ɼ8???T-???,?????? 1C??P7??,_?IJ?1™??'ڇlWbFH?$??R%f??h"??\'??'ݍ?sB???&rh%|?LJ?I??#2??>$2??? ??#b6#?d2Hl#??8#?H8?       (#⁈>$#?@D?,H?#2D$1??G?/?X$b??I$5??L>H?$ƒ?K%=?M?CH?$??R%G?(RRT?|%?H^%]??Z?QH?%??HY%8?lU?>??%???Z%J??Y?k??%???c&i?觢PI80??3?(s?   ?.2?ɰ(=?`|߈?'R?Hn&???Z???$??>#O?#??(!B|?2?GX!~?"?0'"H|#"?HF%k??w"?H?(ҏI??X??:??)??H}%???FR?"2??$!???G?!2??!?}???H!b}?!?~T2??!'$)?Hv????)??H?&??5"Ȩ"‚?,")??*B!?#‚?."??("?G!??b?G? "|"Ԃ?t???.??J\<??t??n?0,2?G  ?zh⷇$!?}G!?|??ć? ?{?
                           ?}??H?#?}-????鉜1r???%??
                                                   bv??Av??jt?Z ?uG?cu??a?( r??|??????$ B?'

Could i be cheeky and ask for a copy and paste of what you put for a succesful merge so i can copy (file names would need changing im sure as mine are different)

If i dont reply and say thank you im out but i will back to say thank you  :)

mageye

OK

like this:

cat (then drag the first *.RAW file into the terminal) (now drag the next one *.R00) then add the '>' (and I think where you are going wrong is the output file)

drag a file from the destination folder (if you don't have one just make a destination folder and add ANY file) into the teminal window then edit the destination file name so it fits in with your naming conventions!

(the reason I am saying just drag ANY file into the destination folder is so you get the full path of the destination file correct)

here is an example of this process that I just did and it did indeed work by using the following method:

cat /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/M07-1209.RAW /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/M07-1209.R00 > /Volumes/Storage/Media/Movies/RAW-DNG/06-07-2013/JOINED.RAW

I am pretty sure that it's the ouput path that you screwed up with. As long as you give it a valid output path and corresponding file name it will be fine
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Doyle4

Quote from: mageye on July 07, 2013, 01:36:07 PM
OK

like this:

cat (then drag the first *.RAW file into the terminal) (now drag the next one *.R00) then add the '>' (and I think where you are going wrong is the output file)

drag a file from the destination folder (if you don't have one just make a destination folder and add ANY file) into the teminal window then edit the destination file name so it fits in with your naming conventions!

(the reason I am saying just drag ANY file into the destination folder is so you get the full path of the destination file correct)

here is an example of this process that I just did and it did indeed work by using the following method:

cat /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/M07-1209.RAW /Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D/M07-1209.R00 > /Volumes/Storage/Media/Movies/RAW-DNG/06-07-2013/JOINED.RAW

I am pretty sure that it's the ouput path that you screwed up with. As long as you give it a valid output path and corresponding file name it will be fine

You my friend are a legend! if you lived near me id be feeding you all the beer you wanted hahaha!

THANK YOU!! going to make sure i copy and paste the command and save it as a text file, again thank you very much!!   :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

mageye

That cheers me up lots ;D. What cheers me up is that you acknowledge the help!! (and of course you sorted the problem out too and that's what is really good ;)).

I'm glad it worked :). To be honest you hadn't really gone far wrong. So you were 99% there anyway ;) :D

YAY! ;D ;D ;D 8) ;) ::)

Doyle4

Quote from: mageye on July 07, 2013, 10:49:59 PM
That cheers me up lots ;D. What cheers me up is that you acknowledge the help!! (and of course you sorted the problem out too and that's what is really good ;)).

I'm glad it worked :). To be honest you hadn't really gone far wrong. So you were 99% there anyway ;) :D

YAY! ;D ;D ;D 8) ;) ::)

I appreciate all the help mate and i try and do my best back, i dont see the point in posting a sarcastic comment, not all people are computer wizards, i know my way around things but im human and make mistakes and answer's like yours mean alot.

I see where i had gone wrong now, and now i feel stupid BUT i know now and thats the main thing! i can now edit the video!

Again, thank you  ;D