Cameras with custom mode dial - bigger buffers - better raw recording

Started by Lukasz, June 06, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaphotog

I've set it to custom, and I don't get any additional buffer stars, nor do I get a faster speed.
None of these 'tweaks' work for me, including changing the photo settings to sraw/jpg.
I'm using a 5d3 and everything remains constant. Even turning off global draw does nothing to improve my speeds.

squig

I suspect it's not the custom mode itself but the other functions that get turned off when you enter the custom mode. If you have everything turned off then custom won't make any difference.

aaphotog

Quote from: squig on June 07, 2013, 07:44:50 PM
I suspect it's not the custom mode itself but the other functions that get turned off when you enter the custom mode. If you have everything turned off then custom won't make any difference.
Makes sense. Appreciate the clarification.

olik

What can be switched off except for global draw and auto iso/wb?

Chan875

I feel something is wrong. I downloaded the June 6 version and I think I did something wrong. When I go to take the video off of my CF card, it doesn't say RAW video types. it just shows up as MVIs with a THM file below it. I have RAW video on 1880 by 940 on a 2:1 ratio but nothing seems to happen. When I go into LV I see the dimension frames show up but there are no frame  counters like the old one? and it keeps saying scripts dir missing? it looks like its just regular ML just with the RAW menu.