ISO25 on the May 15 2012 build

Started by Chungdha, July 20, 2012, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3pointedit

Certainly the highlights are clipped but that is the point of shooting low ISO isn't it? The other thing to remember is that only the red channel seems to be badly effected by clipping. Perhaps you can remap the other channels into the top of the red and retain some detail that way?
550D on ML-roids

KarateBrot

Quote from: 3pointedit on August 12, 2012, 05:43:52 AM
The other thing to remember is that only the red channel seems to be badly effected by clipping.

If the highlights turn pink that means the green channel is being affected. The green channel seems to clip earlier than red and blue. I don't know why but maybe because in the light's spectrum green is more intense than red and blue.
If you donate a RED EPIC to me you officially are very cool ;)

3pointedit

Yeah of course. Look at me talking out my behind. I thought initialy that the other channels were being pulled down not just clipped but I guess you are right. Thanks for catching that bad advice ;)
550D on ML-roids

calypsob

Im a bit confused, is this for film mode or for shooting?  Iso 25 would be great for long exposures.
Full spectrum T2i
T3i

nanomad

There's a thing called ND filter for that
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ToniX

eactly what I desperately willing to know about how ISO settings/values affect shooting.

Do you know what I learned? ML enable having better photographics results. :)
600D - EFs18-55 ISII