I want to do macro now!

Started by Octavio79, June 06, 2013, 03:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavio79

So I was bored and wanted to try out macro. But I don't have the equipment. So I held together an 18-55mm to my 50mm and tested it out with my T2i. Now I want to do it again using a real macro lens and tripod. And maybe even use my 5D and film it in RAW

KSphoto

5DC, 5D2, 5D3, EOS M, too many lenses.

1%

Macro ring and tubes are cheaper than a dedicated macro lens.

LeviBetz

I just bought a set of extension tubes. I went on amazon to get a nikon adapter and an extension tube set sent the price just into free shipping range (as the shipping was going to be as much as the difference anyhow). Should be interesting to see what it does with my 300mm old ghetto lens.

Virindi

Good idea, macro is really fun.
Tubes are cheaper but not as good. I did a lot of stuff with reversed lenses and stacking lenses together etc. Finally I bought a real 100mm macro USM and I won't go back. If you can afford the L IS, it's probably the sharpest lens on the market

When I want to play, I reverse my 50mm 1.8 in front of it. For photos I get a magnification around 4:1 still good quality.
I'll play with in video mode one day.. in x5 zoom I tried and got like 4 tiny grains of salt in the whole frame of live view probably between 1 and 2mm from left to right.... it's crazy.