Some 5d3 1920x1080 video samples from today...

Started by Shield, June 06, 2013, 09:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shield

I post a lot recently on here - here's some shots from tonight.
These were imported as a sequence from dng into Adobe After effects and exported to mp4.  No pro-res stuff or any color grading.  Just tweaked the shadows/highlights a bit in ACR and set the white balance.  Trimmed the footage with TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4 (this is an amazing tool that doesn't re-render your video - highly recommended!)

Also on Vimeo in case you want to download the original:

Lest we forget how much better the raw looks over H264....  :)

N/A

Good shots, the way the subject sorta jumps out from the bokeh is a thing of beauty.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Shield

Quote from: N/A on June 06, 2013, 10:21:58 AM
Good shots, the way the subject sorta jumps out from the bokeh is a thing of beauty.

Thanks!  That 70-200 USM II lens doesn't mess around at all.  It's razor sharp wide open.

lourenco

Great video. At .33 seconds what was the f-stop around F4? The camera looks very still. Where you using a tripod?  Using a variable ND filter?   
5D Mark III, CF Lexar 1000X 32GB, 24-105 F4L

Shield

Quote from: lourenco on June 06, 2013, 01:06:37 PM
Great video. At .33 seconds what was the f-stop around F4? The camera looks very still. Where you using a tripod?  Using a variable ND filter?

The first couple of shots was @ F/2.8 with a Tiffen variable ND filter; the 2nd was I think like F/11 or something without an ND.  Yep; tripod.  Try to shoot with it as much as possible as I hate shaky cam.  Thanks!