64gb Komputerbay card not mounting? (5d mark II and mac)

Started by socman86, June 06, 2013, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socman86

So my CF card came in yesterday and I put it into my camera and tried to format.  The Camera went though the format process then said "cannot format card".  I was Informed that was because the 5d mark II is limited to FAT32 and the Card comes formatted as exFAT.  I believe that corrupted my card because my card will not mount to my MBP. 10.8.4 Have any of you experienced the same problems?? 

I currently dont know what to do besides send the card back but if i can fix it I would love to hear your guys suggestions.  So I need to format this card as a FAT32 but can't because the card will not mount, and it also wont show up in the disk utility manger. Any Ideas from any 5d mark II users who have experience with these cards!!! thank u thank u thank u ahead of time i really appreciate it!

on a side note when i attempted to format the card in camera it looked like it deleted the factory files off the card.  WEIRD!

KMA_WWC

Hi there! You are not the first person to experience that problem. Check here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6145.0

Please could you PM me and describe what exact steps you took? Thanks.
Canon 5D Mark III

togg

Omg this is crazy. When my card will arrive I'll try to format it directly in the mac instead that in the camera. I hope that this will help.

premini

Sorry wrong thread. Id like to remove the post but dunno why.