[Short fillm] Personnel Selection (50H Film Festival)

Started by luciolepri, June 05, 2013, 01:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luciolepri

English subs.

Short movie written, shot and edited in 50 hours for the "Essi Girano 50H Film Festival".

Given theme: Serendipity
Elements to be included: a mathematical formula and a character with a tic.

I had a 5 people crew, me included.

Cameras:
Day scenes: 5D MKII 100 ISO (detail inside the car at 400 ISO)
Night scenes: 5D MKIII 640 and 800 ISO

I used Magic Lantern to have the cinescope crop marks, the manual audio levels on the 5D MK II, the 1/25 roller shutter speed for the night scenes and to reduce the codec compression (I chose the 1,5x option). I should have used the "ML ISO" too, but... in the rush, I forgot! Dialogues have been recorded with an external device.

Levinson

Well done! I really like it. Nicely composed, lit, shot and edited.

It would slot in perfectly as an Australian SBS channel Euro flick (I mean that in a good way)
5d3, 5d2 & 550d

luciolepri

I had to check what "Australian SBS channel Euro flick" is, but now yes, I definitely take it as a compliment... thank you!
I'm just sorry all good subjects we came up with were too complicated to realize with only two actors and such a short time, so we had to settle for this story that's definitely not so intriguing, but I'm satisfied with the atmospheres we anyway menage to create, thanks also to the music composer, who did a very good job.
I hope I'll be able to use the raw recording for the next short, I didn't try it yet and I'm curious to see how it works... the editing and colour grading workflow will probably be much more complicated.

luciolepri

Just a little vanity: we won the first prize!
Time for an equipment upgrade...