5DMkII & SmallHD DP4 - i can't view

Started by manutomas, January 12, 2013, 05:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manutomas

Hi my name is Manu, and i have a new smallhd DP4 monitor.
I connected the HDMI cable from camera to monitor, but i can't see the image in it.
The camra's lcd turns off, but in the DP4 i only see blue color.
I tried to change things in the camera and in the ML, but nothing.
I already check the monitor with another singnal, and woks perfect, and the same way with camera, but no woks too.

What can i do???

Thaks to everybody

Malcolm Debono

Try using the camera without ML (either use a card without ML installed, or else keep the Set button pressed while turning on the camera), and see if the same thing happens to determine whether ML has any effect.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

manutomas

No... dosen't function... it's still blue.

Malcolm Debono

Not sure of what might be causing the problem. A blue screen might indicate that the monitor isn't receiving any input, and since you said that you've already tried the monitor with other sources, my assumption would be that there's something wrong with your camera's HDMI port. Your best bet would be to try connecting another HDMI monitor (maybe borrow a friend's or something) and see if that works.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

manutomas

I'm thinking the same...
Thanks I'm on it...

manleyaudio

I use the 5Dm2 with DP6 SDI, and I have found that the startup sequence (Monitor, Camera, Live view) seems to be the best workflow.
Ensure that you have live-view setup properly in the camera, and that the DP4 is on the correct input.
There might have been a firmware update for your DP4 you might look into that.

kukysimon

Hi,... i was wondering if you can add your problem to this link, it seems there are dozens and dozens of people who started threads and topics about issues with external monitors , but these are all over the place and consequently no one thinks its an issue since they show up only one at a time in this very big haystack of threads. i started a thread at the developpers page addressing it to alex, in the hopes he can make this more priority, there is a vote and a follow option, if you wouldn't mind adding yours there as well, may be alex can then see how many people really do work with external monitors and have a hard time not seeing crop marks the right way and other issues:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1582/crop-bars-for-external-smallhd-oled-7-7

i would really appreciate your effort, may be we can all get together on those many issues with external monitors..

BR
Kuky