Inexpensive CF for RAW video on the 5dmk2.

Started by sennn, June 04, 2013, 05:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sennn

Hi guys!

I'm wanna a get a new card for recording RAW, as my current kingston 600x is far from even being a 600x, but i'm not sure which should I get, I'm not on the biggest budget so that's also a problem. Sadly I have no way of getting Lexars without paying 3-4x of the USA price so those are out of the question.

I have "gathered" 3 cards:
- Transcend 32 GB 1000x (as far as I read on the forums these perform great but also they are the most expensive)
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 16 GB (not sure about those, seen some people using it butcan they hold up 1880x1050 or x800 without dropping frames?)
- Silicon Power 16 GB 1000x (never heard from them before, and can't find any reviews for it, not sure if there is anyone on the forums who have used it before, but you never know)

Which one would you guys advice? I guess the transcend would be the best, but also the most expensive, so if the sandisk can hold up i would rather much choose that.

Thanks in advance
sen

sm105

Why not Komputerbay CF? Check Amazon or Ebay. Many people here use them with great success. Just don't get the 128gb version...doesn't seem to perform so well.

sennn

Quote from: sm105 on June 04, 2013, 06:02:14 PM
Why not Komputerbay CF? Check Amazon or Ebay. Many people here use them with great success. Just don't get the 128gb version...doesn't seem to perform so well.

was thinking about them but not quite sure about those, as a lot of people also have problems with them and I don't really want to send it back multiple times and pay the price of an another card in post services.

eyeland

Did anyone ever compile a list of the different cards and their performance?
I am sure that there are many like me, who would like to play around with RAW video and who can live without continuous recording.

Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

bzhwindtalker

Do not buy the komputerbay 600x, mine peaked at 24mb/sec no matter how I formated it! Useless for raw. I'm sending it back for a 1000x...
50D, Komputarbay 1000x 32gb, Tokina at-x 24-40, Centon 50f1.7, 55-250 IS II, zoom H1