RAW decode, debayer, and color space conversion, etc in realtime

Started by frenchps49, June 03, 2013, 06:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchps49

3pointedit

I'm very impressed. Is it dynamic enough to understand variables like bit depth and width/height/aspect etc.

Can this system address export to editing files via ffmpeg(?) or is it really just for preview due to limited debayer/noise tools?
550D on ML-roids

aaphotog

Any update on this? I'd really like to make use of it.
Or is this one of those situations where it's just for show and you'd never like to actually put it out to the public?
I mean, it's cool and all, but if there's no willingness to put it out... What's the point?

eatbuckshot

dlrpgmsvc

If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

aaphotog

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on June 17, 2013, 11:55:20 PM
+1 for windows!
The mac version doesn't even exist. I honestly don't believe it works. No word since posting...

eatbuckshot

Quote from: aaphotog on June 18, 2013, 12:28:31 AM
The mac version doesn't even exist. I honestly don't believe it works. No word since posting...
Have faith!
Also I don't think he'd go through the trouble of pretending to show a commandline where he just compiled his program just to make it seem like he got it working..

Also I was thinking about making a similar program as it's much easier to do on a computer rather than in camera.  The raw format is already open sourced.. so writing something to play back is not too difficult.  Also with sufficient storage device access speed, playback is possible, the complications maybe from the debayering algorithms and color correction but other than that it should work

Andy600

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com