[DONE] How about a user defineable custom crop Mark for the 5d3 (for 5x?)

Started by Shield, May 31, 2013, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shield

Depending on the build (current ones seem to be about 16 to the left / 3 up) for 5x (1:1) recording - would love to be able to "set" a custom crop mark so I can immediately go to this.  I shoot lots and lots of 1:1 crop video.  If I could define one so I could just hit the joystick once to toggle it, it'd be great.

Love you guys,
Shawn

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

Shield

I haven't read why it cannot just be the dead center in 5x mode.  I'm sure there's a good reason, but does anyone know off-hand?

Audionut

Shield

Quote from: a1ex on June 04, 2013, 12:17:21 AM
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/9ccae1db2b9a

Just read this:
9ccae1d

LV focus box snap: added a preset for centering on the raw frame from x5 crop mode. 5D3 for now, not sure how portable is

You have made my day!

Shield

Quote from: Audionut on June 01, 2013, 03:41:20 AM
It's controlled by Canon code.

I'm sure it is - if I run non-hacked mode and hit the 5x multiplier (assuming I started off dead center) that's still dead center though, albeit not a mode you can record in.  I'm sure you guys will figure it out - think of the slow zoom in/out with a centered image in lieu of one going from left to right as you zoom in/out.

Audionut

Quote from: Shield on June 04, 2013, 01:08:47 AM
I'm sure it is

I was mistaking this for squashed mode in crop (reduced resolutions) mode.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shield

This works perfectly by the way.

Tip from my use - leave global draw on, set your focus to use the "Center-Left" and hit the 5x zoom.  Once you start recording you can hit the info button again (leaving GD mode) and view your image for focusing purposes.