Started by arrinkiiii, May 14, 2013, 05:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrinkiiii

Here is the link for the new picture style from Canon

http://www.canon.co.jp/imaging/picturestyle/file/videocamera.html

Let see what this can do for us  :D

noisyboy

Blimey - that's out of the blue!
In all seriousness though dude (and I know everyone else has their own opinion on this), if you want a good solid Ps that retains a good amount of color info instead of throwing it away like Cinestyle then you can't go wrong with VisionColor/VisionTech. Believe me - what that thing does with skin tones is amazing. It's taken some time but it's finally starting to get the recognition it (and the devs) deserves! "Trust me, I'm a doctor".  8)

Andy600

You know what? Screw shooting RAW! I'm gonna use this new PS instead LOL
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

arrinkiiii

Quote from: noisyboy on May 14, 2013, 06:03:24 PM
Blimey - that's out of the blue!
In all seriousness though dude (and I know everyone else has their own opinion on this), if you want a good solid Ps that retains a good amount of color info instead of throwing it away like Cinestyle then you can't go wrong with VisionColor/VisionTech. Believe me - what that thing does with skin tones is amazing. It's taken some time but it's finally starting to get the recognition it (and the devs) deserves! "Trust me, I'm a doctor".  8)

Yes, is possible noisyboy. I just put this here in the way of a news and for some people make some test. I cant say nothing until i see some tests. Maybe is more good then VisionsColor/VisionsTech, maybe is more bad. How can i or you say it befour try it?

Let see if someone make some tests  :D

arrinkiiii

Quote from: Andy600 on May 14, 2013, 06:27:21 PM
You know what? Screw shooting RAW! I'm gonna use this new PS instead LOL

Yes, with raw you dont need picture style but we, 7D and others canon dslr users, dont have yet the possibilty to rec raw, yet... or maybe we never going have...  :-X

favvomannen

visiontech and canon is great when the lighting is optimal.

but in heavy mid day lighting and for that more cinematic feel its CINESTYLE or FLAAT12 thats the best.

flaat12 is really sickly awsome :)

almost HDR

edwmotion

I saw some video examples... I really like this new picture style.  :D

Aborgh

It looks more balanced when you take a photo!

ItsMeLenny

I haven't completely tested this yet, but it looks like it may fix the problem I keep complaining about; which is the terrible base curve that is applied to canon jpegs (which is actually worse in other cameras).

Chungdha

Its not that bad but I prefer Technicolor picturestyle more but it has a certain use for it in very bright conditions it quite nice it give more detail in the bright areas as the Technicolor does the opposite and give more detail in the shadows.