Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dal

I've built from your branch a couple of days ago and it's still unusable if the bootflag in the 700d is not set, how should I do this? Am I missing something?

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

TheUnkn0wn

Well after taking a break I'm in the mood to start continuing my work maintaining the 700D of ML ;)

Priority at the moment :

- Pink Dots on RAW video (work out which method/solution gives the best results)
- Sound (this might be a bit tricky since a few things have changed)
- 10-bit RAW video recording? (I will experiment to see what I can achieve or fail, 700D's DIGIC5 could just be powerful enough for this?)

godashram

sound would be EPIC! good luck!
Canon T5I, EOS M2

baaaa1023

Hi i am Kind of New here and i would really like To try ML for my canon 700d what do i need To do? And yes i know about the risks.

baaaa1023

Quote from: baaaa1023 on October 06, 2013, 11:08:47 AM
Hi i am Kind of New here and i would really like To try ML for my canon 700d what do i need To do? And yes i know about the risks.

Nevermind I managed... Its good work I had no stability problems so far

wacru1

thanks un. great work. you made my vacation in august with the 700d ml.

audio would be super.

Rewind

Guys would you mind to help me a bit?

Just turn the 700D on in video mode with raw_rec enabled, go to ML menu — Debug — Dump ROM and RAM, push it, wait until dumping is done, then go to your SD card — ML — LOGS, and just sed me the ROM1.BIN

Just a couple of minutes, PM me please. I need this for 650D port.

TheUnkn0wn

What do you need help with? (what are you trying to port over to the 650D?)

gius.prenc

Hi;

I have been successfully using ML on a 600D, and today I just installed it on my new 700D.

However, I am able to run it only up to the first format operation. That is, when I format the sd card (clearly by choosing to keep ML), the operation ends saying "writing bootflags", then the camera shuts down.

When I turn it on again, I cannot start ML anymore. To be able to run it again, I need to make the SD card bootable again (I use MacBoot).

Any help on this?

Thanks.

Regards,

G.

a1ex

Look in bootflags.c (hint: it's not very easy, but I'm sure TheUnkn0wn or other skilled people can solve it).

gius.prenc

....I installed one of the compiled versions, so there was no .c file in the zip archive.

You are referring to the source code, right?

Thanks.

Regards,

G.

TheUnkn0wn

I'll look into it, just haven't had any time lately :S

Traste

Hi The UnKnown,

I would like to donate specifically to the development of ML for 700D, do you have any donation box? :)

All the best,
Traste

Traste

Donation sent!

Anyone else interested in adding motivation towards this, here is the link: http://bit.ly/1hi7k2E

tony_black

Hi everyone!
I have tried to instal ML but failed miserably. The steps I went through were as follows (copied from this thread www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8550.50)
--
low-level format the card in the camera.
on the PC, extract the 700...zip file to the sdcard.
with the card still plugged into the PC, run eoscard, check both eos_develop and bootdisk. it should list the fir file. click save. it should say "write successful"

no other steps.

put the card in the camera and turn it on. you should see the normal info screen, then the ml bars top and bottom. press the trash icon to get the ml menus.
--
So I did as the instruction suggests but for some reason the needed fir is not listed in the eoscard list, what I see is either "unified 2.3" or "ports in progress" with 1100d or 5d alpha etc, no 700d in the list
to be clear - the ML zip was extracted to the card, so there is a folder "magiclantern...etc"
any help is appreciated!

UPD sorted itself out somehow :=)

franknitty69

just got a t5i. put magic lantern on it the same day. so far so good. you guys are amazing.
Canon 70D (70D.111B)

thanulee

Hello guyz! Is there any link with the latest tested version on 700D? thanx

Walter Schulz

The term "tested" doesn't match ML development phases. Go to top of page, open Downloads, go to "Browse Nightly Builds" (after reading and trying to understand what you are dealing with) and browse 700D's build page.

Ciao
Walter

BASSPRO

How to Setup Card for Magic Lantern using iMac:

First download the MacBoot utility from internet, then;

1. Disk Utility: Erase everything on SD card.
2. MacBoot - Use third option - "DSLR Bootable"
3. Copy from directory  'Magic Lantern" - 700D.111.16082013 (or whatever version) - ML to root of SD Card. Make sure auto exe file is in the root else won't boot.
4. Make sure MacBoot remains open when copying files.

Done

franknitty69

quick question about un-install.

when i install ml, i don't get that screen to turn the mode knob to enable the bootflag. i use macboot and ml works.

so to un-install, when i go to update the firmeware, nothing related to ml appears. so my question is since i used macboot,  is an uninstall, just formatting the card?
Canon 70D (70D.111B)

Walter Schulz

There are 3 requirements for ML to run:
- Camera's bootflag set.
- Bootable memory card
- ML files located on the card

Format the card and the card is no longer bootable and ML won't run at startup. The camera's bootflag will not be affected. This will cause a slight delay for the camera's startup sequence. If this delay doesn't cause any trouble there is no cause to change it. If this delay is not tolerable you have to reset the flag.

Ciao
Walter

mva

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 17, 2013, 06:53:13 PM
If this delay is not tolerable you have to reset the flag.

RenatoPhoto (if I understood him correctly) recently wondered whether the 700D/T5i might have the same problem as the 5D3 -- namely, that there's no safe way to disable the bootflag:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7125.msg88849#msg88849

(More here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8355.0 )

Do you or anyone else know whether there is a way to disable the bootflag on the 700D/T5i?

gius.prenc

Hi;

I do not know what happened, but my 700D won't boot anymore. Even with no card inserted, it shows the following message: "Firmware update program: Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again". (The same message is shown also with sd card inserted.)

I just removed the sd card to upload a new version of ML, and then the camera started showing this strange behavior. What is going on? Is there a way to reset the camera?

Any help/hint would be really appreciated.

Regards,

G.

gius.prenc

....ok, formatting again the sd card on the PC and running again the EOScard utility solved the issue.

Anyway, the issue appears again each time I format the card on the camera. In fact, the formatting process blocks with a "Writing Bootflags" message; then, I am forced to remove the battery, and when I place it back the camera does not start anymore (it hangs up on the "Firmware update" message of my previous post).

Is this behavior normal? Am I not supposed to format the card on the camera?

Also, the camera does not boot with a card with no ML on it....is this related to the bootflag "issue" stated few post above?

Thanks.

Regards,

G.