Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CogitoFilm

Thank you Science and Nanomad! Really appreciate your work!  ;D

mohanplays

I saw a 700D with ML installed... can anyone tell me where to download ML for 700D

Science

Quote from: mohanplays on June 18, 2013, 07:44:43 PM
I saw a 700D with ML installed... can anyone tell me where to download ML for 700D
You can compile it yourself, however it's currently too unstable, i'm not recommending it for daily shooting unless you want to take the battery out every second shot
EOS 700D | EOS 650 (without the D)

CogitoFilm

Really looking forward to the stable, when do you think we could expect? FYI I am truly grateful to the work your doing!

CogitoFilm

godashram

I'm actually quite excited about this.

I can't afford to test until after Comic con, as I need my cam at 100% for that, but am available after.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

ricardoalvez

Hello, I have a 700d and I can test this firmware. But where can I find a tutorial to download it and install?

godashram

look a few posts up... it's unstable and you have to compile it yourself
Canon T5I, EOS M2

Slip

without  ML I want  throw 5i to the trash   :(

ricardoalvez

wacru1

i'm getting my t5i today.

any update on the t5i version?

TrOm@

Be patient,....... very patient. currently focuses on the developers as the T4i/650D.

mrmyth

Hi:

I'm new to the forum so sorry if I am not posting this in the right place.

I have a Canon T5i and I would like to make the ISO settings more incremental. Is Magic Lantern what I need? Is it not ready for the T5i yet?

Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

MrMyth

godashram

ML is in a pre alpha state at the moment, so it's not very stable.

As for what you need, you can read up in the documentation
http://www.magiclantern.fm/documentation
Canon T5I, EOS M2

dal

So I've compiled ML for the 700d. But the installer .fir is not generated. I tried the autoboot method and ran make_bootable.sh. This does not work for some reason and ML does not boot. Tried it on two spare cards I had (512mb and 2gb) Looks lite stuff is written to the sdcard with dd.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
I've verified in a hexeditor that offset 0x40 and 0x2b contain the correct strings as described for the FAT16-filesystem here: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Autoboot

But I'm not even getting a hanged boot or anything.  Which revision should I build? Built the tip a couple of days ago of the unified branch. I set to only build for 700d in the Makefile. I'm stuck and this sucks.

EDIT2:
It has come to my attention that I've not set the bootflag in my 700d. Since the .fir is not getting built I wonder how you guys set it?! This would probably solve my problem :)

ricardoalvez

TheUnkn0wn

- Fixed HDR video recording
- AutoETTR works
- Fixed RAW video squeeze factor
- Added a few more features

quick update on the 700Ds raw capabilities, I can record raw video continuously at 720p (37.5MB/ps) using a SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC card.

godashram

that is awesome! how's ML's stability?
Canon T5I, EOS M2

TheUnkn0wn

To be honest, after fixing a few things I haven't experienced any crashes when using it normally.

godashram

Canon T5I, EOS M2

satriani

Hey guys,
I have a 650D and my Server compile daily builds for 650D. If you wish I can compile builds for your device, but warning I can't test the build's befor release, because I don't have 700D for testing.
Here is a Link with a first build for 700D
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

dal

Also there is no public 700d .fir to set the bootflag in the camera so this will not work :/

I'm new to ML and it took a while for me to figure that out since the documentation is not very clear on how that works. And the scripts are not public either.. :/

If anyone could be kind to post the .fir I'd be interested, pm or otherwise. I can't test my builds until then :/

Thnx

TheUnkn0wn

Quote from: satriani on August 15, 2013, 11:49:00 PM
Hey guys,
I have a 650D and my Server compile daily builds for 650D. If you wish I can compile builds for your device, but warning I can't test the build's befor release, because I don't have 700D for testing.
Here is a Link with a first build for 700D

My 700D changes haven't been pushed yet which means the current one on Magic Lantern is un-usable. You could however create builds from my fork : https://bitbucket.org/theunkn0wn/magic-lantern

P.S : Got Dual-ISO working on the 700D