Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Not available on 700D (and other cams). Feature is linked to CONFIG_LV_FOCUS_INFO. See https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html -> Internals -> CONFIG_LV_FOCUS_INFO listing supported cams.

Mdubin

Very sorry. Very useful feature. This is a big drawback.

dfort

Wait -- really?

/** This camera doesn't report focus info in LiveView **/
//~ #define CONFIG_LV_FOCUS_INFO

That's strange, the 700D seems to report focus information just fine in LiveView. However, I tried activating this feature and the green bars aren't showing up.

Magic Zoom is flickering over here (tested unified branch), are you seeing this? Maybe this issue wasn't resolved?

dfort

Thanks Walter. Just wondering, is Magic Zoom working on the 650D?

It works fine on the EOSM but shows severe flicker on the 700D. I'm testing on the unified branch. Tried going back in time to find something that works. Went all the way to firmware 1.1.3 builds from 2014 and it was still flickering. I also searched the pull requests and commits and found this merged fix but it it still flickers. There's also this fix for the EOSM but it has since been updated to include all CONFIG_DIGIC_V cameras.

Since the problem seems to be in state object, maybe there's something wrong here?

platform/700D.115/include/platform/state-object.h
#ifndef __platform_state_object_h
#define __platform_state_object_h

#define DISPLAY_STATE DISPLAY_STATEOBJ
#define INPUT_SET_IMAGE_VRAM_PARAMETER_MUTE_FLIP_CBR 23
#define INPUT_ENABLE_IMAGE_PHYSICAL_SCREEN_PARAMETER 24
#define EVF_STATE (*(struct state_object **)0x25B0C)
#define MOVREC_STATE (*(struct state_object **)0x277C4)
#define SSS_STATE (*(struct state_object **)0x257C4)

#endif // __platform_state_object_h

Am I getting warm? Should I keep looking or is this something that can't or won't be fixed on the 700D?

dziki76

Hi,

I have kind question ("serach" did not help me :() - is there "HDR photo" available in ML for Canon 700D? I have installed latest version of ML, my 700D have latest FW, but I cannot see "HDR bracketing" or any other "HDR" stuff in "shoot" menu.

Thank you in advance!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Feature matrix. There you will find all features for all cams supported by nightly build scheme and - for most functions - a link to a short help text or a forum discussion covering the feature. You won't find HDR Photo or HDR Bracketing because the feature you are looking for was renamed "Advanced Bracket" and found in Shoot tab. Another feature you might want to look into is module "adv_int".

Short help for Advanced Bracket: https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/camera_help#advanced_bracket

dziki76

scrax

I'm tring to add support to my module for other cameras than 600D, can somebody help in finding missing GUIMODE for 700D?
more info and discussion here
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

kitor

For those wondering why thread suddenly ends in '19, you can find some development on another subforum.

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25784.0
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

atpt

Firmware 1.1.5
How can I disable the 30 minutes powersave?
Thanks