Walter Schulz

Search
Pink Dot Remover
and associated discussions.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

commedieu

Hi All, 700D here. With 1.14

It seems that to do Raw, you have to install the MLV, then you will DEFINITELY run into the pink pixel problem, so you will additionally have to install the sscript that (i can't remember the users name) made to fix it? THats the process..? So after I record raw videos, I will have the pink dots, that will need to be removed in post? Correct?

Also,

BIT DEPTH of h264,
Good results are being had with this tweak, could someone point me in the right direction to do this? I'd like to test the bit depth before getting into raw. Honestly, for the quality I'm seeing, I'd be fine if I could at least loose half the compression of the native 700d. I mean, i really have to look for it. I do VFX compositing, so it definitely jumps out at me. But if the bit depth increase 2.5x? would result in better h264's, I think I'd be ok with that.

Anyone have samples of just the bit depth increase?

Im a little nervous about the pipeline to shoot, then fiddle to get rid of the dots.

Thank you.

adammattner

Hi,

I know it has been mentioned but I'm also having trouble getting the rack/follow focus to work on the magiclantern-Nightly.2016Jan14.700D114 running canon firmware version 1.1.4. Is this feature supported?

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features -> Focus -> Follow Focus/Rack Focus

adammattner

Thanks I see that this feature is compatible however whenever I change the "steps from here" figure the focus doesn't change the number goes up or down but no physical effect to the focus on my 700d using the kit 18-55mm STM Lens. I just tried on my 50mm with success so it seems to be lens related. Any ideas to get the STM 18-55mm working?

Walter Schulz

Don't have a kit lens around to test (650D with 50 STM and 10-18 STM). Sometimes my STMs seems to have "issues" with follow focus/focus stack. Couldn't pin it down yet but it looks like they are going to sleep after some time and have to be triggered to wake up.

Test this:
I assume you are in video mode and have Follow Focus Arrows activated. Arrows are shown on screen and you can use "Arrows" to move focus plane?
If so:
1) Focus End Point -> Q
2) Use arrows to move focus plane
3) Use Rack Focus -> Set. Focus plane should shift to Focus End Point
4) Press Set again and focus plane should be moved back where you started

Does it work this way with STM and non-STM for you?

Jordi Agulló

Hello,

I've been trying to make the focus peaks features work on my new 700D with no avail. I'm running latest firmware and build (2016Jan14), any idea what the problem might be?

Thank you

dantahoua

Hello!
Is it possible to record 720p/30fps or 720p/24fps WITH sound ? In fact kind of "normal" mode but in 720p... FPS overide always remove sound... I would like to be able to make some 720p regular video with sound...

maff

same question here - how to record with sound?

yonarod

Sorry my English because my language is Spanish. I'm starting with magic lantern, I have installed on my 700D does not work properly. When I put on video live view mode it remains of the orginal camera. What can I do?

Walter Schulz

Press INFO button several times.

yonarod

Thank you. I worked perfectly. Sorry for the inconvenience

Mikexmirrick

I have a canon t5i and just bought a rode video mic for it but the magic lantern audio feature does not show up in the magic lantern menu. The firmware is currently 1.1.4. Is there an updated magic lantern I can use or a part of the code that can be changed? I really enjoy using magic lantern but it will not allow me to use audio. When I press record it says sound disabled. Can anyone help me?

Walter Schulz

Load MLV_SND.mo and MLV_REC.mo
For restrictions -> Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features -> Audio

lukew19

Hi,
I'm probably asking a stupid question but when using raw video (mlv 2.0) with dual iso I get an error at the top left corner, its: "ISOless LV err( 8 )"  and whilst turning off the 700D I get the error: "ISOless PH err(15)".  I guess what I'm asking is, is dual iso supported on this specific camera?

Thanks

axelcine

EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

lukew19

Quote from: axelcine on February 03, 2016, 07:24:30 PM
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features
I looked at that list earlier, seems the 700D supports dual iso, so I'm confused about why I'm getting this error.

Walter Schulz

I have "ISOless" errors on 650D frequently and they occured on 700D and M, too. AFAIK the bug still has to be cornered. Resetting to ML defaults helps to get rid of it temporary.

denlee

Has this ever been tested on the Japanese model, i.e. X7i?
I just got my camera...and don't want to screw up. :)
Thank you!

metaxis

Hello everyone,
Is there anyway to enable the display screen to see what you're recording while connnected to an external monitor?
Is it possible for magic lantern to fix this?
Thank you.
Canon EOS 650D + Canon EF-S 18-135mm 3.5-5.6f IS STM + Sigma Art 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM

dfort

Quote from: denlee on February 14, 2016, 06:49:04 AM
Has this ever been tested on the Japanese model, i.e. X7i?
I just got my camera...and don't want to screw up. :)
Thank you!

These cameras are all the same:
700D | Rebel T5i | Kiss X7i

You can screw up any one of them equally. Just kidding--but that's pretty much the Magic Lantern disclaimer.

alancord

Is the Red/Pink Pixel Problem only appearing in VIDEO RAW Format or also in RAW Format when shooting normal pictures?

dfort

@alancord

If you're talking about focus pixels, that affects MLV and RAW video. I also affects Simple Silent Picture but not Full Resolution Silent Pictures. It doesn't affect normal (CR2) or Dual ISO still photos.