Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felipe

Great if you can do that.
By the way where in the menu is located that feature ?
650D-700D

mentos

I turned on ETTR, Autoexpo and defilck after that the live view did not work properly anymore. I have updated the firmware and uninstall the ML and the bootflag of the camera , but not resolved . The live view is not more adjusting with the camera settings, exposure is changing even automatically without the ML in manual mode. What I do?

Walter Schulz

. Remove battery. Format card in cardreader. insert battery. Reset cam to factory defaults (including C.Fn settings)l Remove battery. Reinsert battery and card and retry. Report results

pkindt

Felipe, it is not in the menu unless you change the source code.

Felipe

That is the feature a dream with
650D-700D

mentos

Walter Schulz

I'll try it, but I already formatted the card ( in the camera) and I did the firmware update to 1.1.4 . ML reinstalled, but still the same with or without ML.

Tks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader, format in cam after. Reset cam to factory defaults (including C.Fn settings). Report results.

mentos

Walter Schulz

Great!
Works fine now.
Tks a lot.

Gavin Morrisson

Hello Everyone...

Maybe this is a silly question, but I have not been able to get any HDMI out on the Rebel T5i. I was using a nightly build with firmware 1.1.4.

Any ideas?

zilvis310

hey boys and girls i got a problem with importing ML to my sd card any idea how to fix it? http://imgur.com/a/qVzQ9

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam and retry.

zilvis310

Walter Schulz

You have to use cardreader or SD-card slot to transfer files to card.

Datadogie

T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

IBIRRU

Hello everyone!
I've just buy a 700D and installed ML.
Until now I experiment ML using an old 500D and compiling myself.
I use ML mainly for astrophotography.
I ask you about the FPS OVERRIDE function.
In my submenu I don't find the "High FPS" option -- High FPS - changes FPS without altering shutter speed and allows a slight overcranking (60D, 600D).

Is This function only for 60D and 600D? :-[

Thanks
EOS 700D 1.1.5, EOS 500D

mentos

I really like to have the headphone monitoring working in T5i . I am willing to create whatever it takes to make it happen . where should I start?

Boothmeister

Hi. Looking for a little assistance if possible?

I'm trying to install Magic Lantern for my Canon 700d but can't seem to do it?

I'm currently running software v.1.1.4 and I've completed the SD card format in camera, placed it in my PC and downloaded the ML files from the site. It says to copy over the ML folder ONLY which I have done. When I then put the SD card in the camera, on <P> mode and try to update the firmware it just says that there is no firmware on the card?
I've tried copying the ML folder as a ZIP and extracted but get the same result.

Am I doing anything glaringly obvious?

Thanks, Chris

Walter Schulz

Sorry, where did you find the instruction to copy ML folder over only? This is just wrong. You have to copy extracted contents to card. Autoexec.bin, *.fir and (of course) ML directory with all sub-directories and files within!

Boothmeister

Just on the download page? Maybe I've just misinterpreted the instructions? Will try copy everything over and see if that works.

Ta very much.

Walter Schulz

No, you just haven't found the modules tab.
Please toggle screens.

mentos

wicq

Hi, i dont know what the hell is happening, but some weeks ago i could record  9 seconds of mlv and 11 seconds of raw 1 at 1728x736 using a 32gb kingston card, today i can only record 3-4 damn seconds, what the hell has  happened?, using latets ML latest build for 1.13 firmware, i havent change any settings, i actually restore ml and canon setting but before restore it was worse, only 2 seconds, like when using a fucking  cheap card, help please

Walter Schulz

Format card inside cardreader with ExFAT file system. Use EOScard/Macboot to make card bootable, wipe all files and directories from card and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Retry.

wicq

Walter Schults, thanks bro for the tip, but it was my fault. I let the res at 720 30fps and then in the middle of a mental  breakdown cause im mentally ill :P I change to 1080 30 fps . the 11 secs and 9 secs  for raws  can be done at 1080p 24 fps so it works as  before now. Damn I erased cinestyle profile, i Have to reinstall it again, but is cinestyle profile(or any other flat profile)  make any difference when recording in raw? Thanks again Walter for the quick  help :D