Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felipe

Personally find better slightly sharper function than focus peaking, don't know about uninstall have never consider making video without ML.
Absolutly reliable, as I told you I never use MLV or RAW , only bit rate increasing, because of the work flow.
What do you mean by middle pass of ISO, If you have Dynamic range problems you should use Neutral style with contrast all the way down, or Marvels 3.4.
Also use the Mosaic engineering Moire filter is very very important these camera will make a disco party on dresses with lines as well as ties with lines
and certain fabrics.
650D-700D

starley

Thanks of new Felipe your help it is great. yes, for the dynamic range we use neutro with -4 -3 -2 settings, and yes too i meet better the slightly sharper. About iso i refer to 640, 1250 and 2500 iso it is very good for me, it reduces the noise of gain in more steps. Sometimes for example I can use 1250 better than 1600, with a less video noise for the take. about cbr settings at the moment I quit this option and I let that the original firmware make the job. What cbr do you use? 1.3X? Do you make it works well in long takes with the sound? What kind of sd cards do you use for increase the cbr? Do is the increase of CBR very good? I am from spain, but I suppose that we can not talk in spanish in this forum. Thanks so much

Felipe

Yes constant bit rate is great I go up 1.9 without any fear, however for long recordings usually go to 1.6.
I use 2 cards, Delkin devices class 10 read 90 write 45, and the Panasonic Gold class 10 read 90 write 45.
Never a problem with them
650D-700D

koollife

Dear Programmers,

Please kindly save our ass from Canon T5i Audio headphone monitor and the Noise.... the noise is killing my film production. i like recording from camera source than external record devices because this make editing easy...

Please Help us if this gonna take a Donation i do not mind donating for this option for 700D

• Audio headphone monitoring
    Fix the bug noise when increasing the DB
    Display External Monitor and view camera monitor at the same time for shooting.

Regards

wyrlyn

I am also looking foward to the 700D audio features, nothing update since I requested.. so sad

starley

It´s very insteresting Felipe, what you said about cbr, but maybe it is not very funtional for weddings because we record a lot, another question it is use it for short films or another kind of short videos. Do you work with 1.9x in long record works? Thanx so much

Felipe

Yes to 1.9 , under the worst conditions, I mean Scenes with a lot of information or very high iso ( 3200 ).
It can go higher but I decided, that 1.9 is where never stops recording, so I use it there 90% of the time
As I said before for long interviews I mean like 30 minutes or so , I go 1,6-1,5
At the end the higher the better for detail, noise, and in particular for color correction , or keying in post
About 60 % of this shots were made using ML
Watch it in HD

650D-700D

starley

Good takes Felipe. Maybe we will use it in some works, maybe in weddings has a out of control risk, Another think that it is very important for me it is the sound. Do you know when don´t work fine the sound with the cbr increase? Working in the wedding we meet two possible bugs the last saturday. An error report about lens, and when I connect the camera for transfer the files to computer, it works fine, but when i finish and set off the camera, the next time that I put it on, magic says me that camera don´t shut down right and i must to wait to charge the files a few seconds. Another thing that we meet is that when temperature is high 55ºC or 60ºC, the record symbol and the vu meters don´t works fine, sometimes it doesn't appears.
Someone knows is the most stable version of magic lantern for 700D?
Thanks so much

Felipe

what card are you using , class ten but what read and write ?
I don't know what are you doing wrong , I have events and weddings I have done without any problem
did you install the audio module ?

https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/
650D-700D

VictorVic

I need MAJOR help.  I am trying to learn about my t5i audio set up.  I can't see any audio levels and when i connect headphones, the lcd does not even turn on.  Please, by the grace of God, help me with this issue, even if it isn't new to you, for me its like the first time i learned about the differences about men and women. Please help me though this and thank you in advance.  Kindly V

godashram

Quote from: VictorVic on October 17, 2014, 04:01:11 AM
I need MAJOR help.  I am trying to learn about my t5i audio set up.  I can't see any audio levels and when i connect headphones, the lcd does not even turn on.  Please, by the grace of God, help me with this issue, even if it isn't new to you, for me its like the first time i learned about the differences about men and women. Please help me though this and thank you in advance.  Kindly V

to my knowledge, we DO NOT have headphone monitoring yet. As a matter of fact, there is no where to plug in headphones. The only available spot is the mic in jack, and well, that's an input only. Now i could be wrong an missed something in the past month, but to my knowledge, that's about it.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

VictorVic

So does this mean I need to purchase an external LCD monitor that allows me to plug in headphones and monitor sound?  If so, do you have any recomednations for which external monitor to use for a humble budget? Thank youu

Felipe

buy an audio box, the Tascam DR60 Mark II , goes for only us $ 200, another choice could be the Juicedlink Riggy assit for us $ 460
650D-700D

VictorVic

Is it possible to use headphones with an h4n? While having an external mic connected to the h4n? Thanksss again

Felipe

YES, however zoom H5 is much better
650D-700D

godashram

I use the original tascam dr-60d. zero issues so far AS well as with my headphones, i already know how loud audio gets recorded at by looking at the meters....so when I am in a rush, i don't have to fiddle with my headphones.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

a.malinkin

Hi
On my 700D the focus while taking videos is too slow, sometimes it misses a lot, so it has to wait for about 4 seconds, but sometimes it's fine. Is there an option in ML to change the algorithm of autofocus function or its reaction while taking videos?
(In Canon 100D this problem seems solved better and I can still change the camera, but I prefer 700D)
Tnank you

claudelec

Hi,
This autofocus problem has been solved on 70d with the new double pixel sensor
Body: 70D112 , 650D
Lenses: EFS 15-85 IS USM, Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD, Tamron SP 90 Macro Di VC USD, EF 100-400 IS USM MKll and some old...

Dr_Calculus

Hi,

I've recently installed ML on my 700D and I'm really loving it, but I can't seem to get the Follow Focus or Rack Focus features to work. I've got autofocus on as per the instructions but when I turn on follow focus the arrow keys do nothing but the camera autofocus still kicks in. It's similar for Rack Focus - I set the end point then start the Rack Focus feature but pressing the Set or Play key does nothing.

This is a new camera for me so I'm probably doing something stupid - any advice gratefully received.

I'm using firmware 1.1.3 with the nightly build from 7 October 2014.

Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Just to make sure: You're in Liveview?

Dr_Calculus

Sorry, yes, I am in Liveview. The LV display looks like it is working e.g. in Follow Focus FF+ and FF- appear on the display. Do these functions override the Canon autofocus or do I need to disable it in some way?

Dr_Calculus

Solved it - I needed to turn off Movie Servo AF in the Canon menu!

DigitalVeil

Quote from: a.malinkin on October 29, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Hi
On my 700D the focus while taking videos is too slow, sometimes it misses a lot, so it has to wait for about 4 seconds, but sometimes it's fine. Is there an option in ML to change the algorithm of autofocus function or its reaction while taking videos?
(In Canon 100D this problem seems solved better and I can still change the camera, but I prefer 700D)
Tnank you

I don't think so, and even if there was, that wouldn't help, given that the 700D in video mode can only focus by contrast detection which is slow and inaccurate by nature (software cant change that).  If you need good video AF, either the 70D or mirrorless is really the only way to go because they use phase detection.  Your best bet with the 700D is to just manually pull focus  ;D
Glass: EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 55-250mm IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

ronkad

First of all thank you for creating this great software. It's really amazing and I really appreciate your work.

I have a question regarding audio monitor. As far as I understand it's not currently available on 700D/T5i?

So connecting with this connector like this (I believe it's 650D/T4i) won't work?

Will it be possible any time soon? Or it's hard to say or maybe it will never be available?

I've read there's no significant difference between 650D/T4i and 700D/T5i so I dont understand what causes the problems with adding this extremely useful feature to 700D/T5i. Or only technical parameters didn't change much while software was completely rebuilt?

walter_schulz

Quote from: ronkad on November 18, 2014, 11:43:25 AM
I've read there's no significant difference between 650D/T4i and 700D/T5i so I dont understand what causes the problems with adding this extremely useful feature to 700D/T5i. Or only technical parameters didn't change much while software was completely rebuilt?

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll questions section