Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Delete downloaded file and download it again.

oscaraxen

I tried that before, but as I tried it again today I think I've recognized the problem. The file size is about 1600kb but it  completes the download after just around 1000kb is finished. This might be OT but I'm using a pretty shitty internet (currently in Indonesia), might that what's causing the download to finish prematurely?

Thank you

Kimani

I was able to get Magic Lantern on my 700D. When i start to record, it automatically stops recording after 4secs. I have a class 10 Transcend 16GB card. Is there something im doing wrong?

walter_schulz

Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card R/W benchmark (5 min)

jlahham

Hey Dev team,
Can ML trigger an audio recording session on an external recorder? I still use my Zoom H2n for audio cause I still have a pink dot issue with MLV, so I choose to shoot RAW and record audio externally which ends up being a bit of a hassle to sync, so I thought maybe when connected to the camera ML can trigger and stop the recording session?
Is that possible?

Thanks

PBearBacon

Hey guys, how come the builds page isn't loading?

Stedda

5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

kluvlaw

Total newb.  Just found this site yesterday.  Very excited about what I've read of magic lantern so far.

The ML nightly build install for the t5i seems pretty straight forward but I do not want to brick my camera.

I updated to 1.1.3 yesterday.  Downloaded newest nightly build.  Unzipped the .fir file to my camera formatted 64GB sd card.

So now do I also need to unzip the ML folder to the sd card too?  And then go through the same steps I did to install 1.1.3?  Lastly, there is also an autoexec.bin file that downloaded with the NB.  Is that file also unzipped to the sd card?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.  I REALLY want to do this right.  Thanks.

Walter Schulz

Installation is described in first post.

kluvlaw

Sure, but the info is pretty basic and there is nothing that references the .bin file...so I assume I don't copy it to the sd card?

Walter Schulz

Sure. First post says to copy files to card and your conclusion is not to copy files.
Logical in its way ...
Extract files and copy *ALL* files to card.

kluvlaw

It's not in the ML folder.  The instructions say to copy the "ML files."  Imo that leaves reason for doubt, so I asked since I don't want to brick my dang camera.  Thanks side helping of snark.

Walter Schulz

It doesn't say "copy ML folder". ML consists of AUTOEXEC.BIN (= most of ML) + a directory named ML + enabler for cam's bootflag (optional, named *.FIR).

jlahham

Hey Dev team,
Can ML trigger an audio recording session on an external recorder? I still use my Zoom H2n for audio cause I still have a pink dot issue with MLV, so I choose to shoot RAW and record audio externally which ends up being a bit of a hassle to sync, so I thought maybe when connected to the camera ML can trigger and stop the recording session?
Is that possible?

Thanks

TAB

Where can I find v6 of the VOL_64 module?

I've just updated from an old nightly build (July22) to the most recent one, and the Volume 64 module won't load. The error message says that the module is version 5, and ML expects v6.

Felipe

650D-700D

TAB

koollife

Hello friends. Anyone have an idea when the 700D Audio monitoring will be updated. i need the audio monitoring to monitor my sound on T5i and a solution for the Noise during recording.

Walter Schulz

"When" -> Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Last one

starley

Hello, I am working with two 700d cameras for record wedding and we are very interested in some options that magic lantern can give us. Principally, the peak, the vumeters and the middle step of ISO. We installed the magic lantern nightly.2014sept12.700d.113. And it works decently in the first look. But it is very important to know if i can trust in the stability of this version in a wedding recording we can´t have a fail with the camera, it could be very bad for our work. I would like that someone could respond about the question if i can use this version of magic for this three options or maybe another more stable version or at this time is not recommended use any versión for fieldwork.

Thanks to all and specially to the developers for this great work.

I´m sorry for my poor english

Felipe

NO PROBLEM USE A FAST AND RELIABLE CARD, AND IF YOU INCRESE BIT RATE FOR LONG INTERVIEWS DON'T GO VER 1.6, FOR SHOTS LESS THAN 5 MINUTES 1.8
Also the card should be 32 or 64 gigs since high bit rate takes much more space
650D-700D

TAB

Quote from: starley on October 08, 2014, 07:59:33 PM
Hello, I am working with two 700d cameras for record wedding and we are very interested in some options that magic lantern can give us. Principally, the peak, the vumeters and the middle step of ISO. We installed the magic lantern nightly.2014sept12.700d.113. And it works decently in the first look. But it is very important to know if i can trust in the stability of this version in a wedding recording we can´t have a fail with the camera, it could be very bad for our work. I would like that someone could respond about the question if i can use this version of magic for this three options or maybe another more stable version or at this time is not recommended use any versión for fieldwork.

Thanks to all and specially to the developers for this great work.

I´m sorry for my poor english

I have never had any stability problems with using ML on the job. I've encountered some glitches while updating firmware and messing with modules, but nothing that has ever compromised my work. Just be diligent with updating to the latest version, and if you're playing with unfamiliar features, always be sure to test it out before it's an important shot.

Seeing that you have two cameras, you might want to try shooting with ML on only one of them. Also, keep in mind, because ML is only installed on the SD card, you could have an extra card without ML, in case you wanted to use just the Canon menu. But make sure that the blank card is NOT formatted for DSLR booting (if you format the card on a computer with Macboot/Eoscard and then delete the ML files, the camera will still try to boot the card, but there's no ML to boot, so the camera will basically be a brick until you pull the battery and use another memory card).

Good luck!

starley

thank you very much tabb. The possibility that you have said is very likely to eventually do so. What cards you say I have a question. We usually use two 32 GB sd card for camera and wedding. Are we at a low level format both, install magic lantern on each, and update the firmware once per card? Does the configuration of the magic is stored on each card? Can I add and remove one or the other without problem? Thank you very much again.

Felipe

Install ML in each one, yes same configuration on each card, if that is what you want, if you configure different will have different configurations.
Yes you can insert or remove either one.
650D-700D

starley

Muchas gracias Felipe. I just install ML in my 3 sd cards and in the camera and it works right. Finally we will go with the two 700d cameras with magic lantern nightly build from 12 of september. We only will use vu meters, peak, zebra and middle pass of ISO, in the install says that it is not recomended for work... I hope don´t meet us with any problem... anyway i will go with my canon xha1 too. DO is recomended use ml in field work with a nightbuild? Or maybe the risk is too high? How i could unistall the ML? Thanx so much