Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk11174

Quote from: wyrlyn on August 12, 2014, 11:42:33 AM
when I record video in global draw mode the time indicator keeps flickering and I can't see the elapsed time. Is there a fix for that?
What build are you using of ML and are you recording a regular Canon MOV or using RAW_REC or MLV_REC? If so, what canon mode are you in as far as Resolution and FrameRate and what settings are you using exactly in the module. We def need more info so we can test on our cams to see whats going on.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

wyrlyn

700D 2014 July 17 build with full-res sp.
Recording regular mov (mlv/raw shows fine) global draw liveview activated (and that's what i'm in), but nothing else turned on (focus peak off, etc.)
1920x1080 24 fps
Movie tweaks: time indicator (elapsed time turned on), that is what the flickering caused. the elapsed time appear for 1-2 sec on the top right corner than suddenly disappear, than after 1-2 sec it shows again. It's kinda annoying for me.

mk11174

Quote from: wyrlyn on August 12, 2014, 07:16:13 PM
700D 2014 July 17 build with full-res sp.
Recording regular mov (mlv/raw shows fine) global draw liveview activated (and that's what i'm in), but nothing else turned on (focus peak off, etc.)
1920x1080 24 fps
Movie tweaks: time indicator (elapsed time turned on), that is what the flickering caused. the elapsed time appear for 1-2 sec on the top right corner than suddenly disappear, than after 1-2 sec it shows again. It's kinda annoying for me.
Ok, that has something to do with our fps, right from the start with this cam even before updating the new port our fps fluctuates, and the redraw in that corner causes this to happen with your elapsed time.

Go ahead and turn the tweak to off and watch your frame rate jump around from 23.973 to 23.983 it does it randomly and was one thing never solved on this camera.

wyrlyn

i turned the tweak off and the frame jump really pops up. fixing that somehow (locking?) might be solve the problem.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on August 12, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
Ok, that has something to do with our fps, right from the start with this cam even before updating the new port our fps fluctuates, and the redraw in that corner causes this to happen with your elapsed time.

Go ahead and turn the tweak to off and watch your frame rate jump around from 23.973 to 23.983 it does it randomly and was one thing never solved on this camera.

If not possible to fix the jump, Personally find more useful, The elapsed time than the frame rate, that any way , is one of the first decisions when start recording
650D-700D

jlahham

Hey guys,
I have ML installed on two different identical SD cards with the same settings on both, they both worked well, but lately one of the two cards started acting up by displaying the counter on the upper right corner in RED while recording which is abnormal. When I switched back to the other card the counter was green as expected. Any input?

Thanks,

Followup:
In efforts of tracking the problem down I kept messing around with settings and now the counter change colors to yellow and red back and forth

ndlhoko

Hi guys i just installed ML on my new 700d, but getting a messsage saying sound disabled when i record raw and mlv. any help???? :(

cybermarmotte

Installation went fine, arkanoid working, but I saw on a friends camera the mic volume live, how can I check this?!
Tous mes profils sur les réseaux sociaux depuis mon site perso: http://www.etiennebretteville.com

cybermarmotte

Thanks to ML, i was able to did this last evening:

Next time I should fix the exposure and try to visualize the HD format, I had to crop it and the picture aren't well positionned.
Tous mes profils sur les réseaux sociaux depuis mon site perso: http://www.etiennebretteville.com

wyrlyn

good one, but that's the problem with av mode. next time you should use ettr and a decent deflicker, like newblue flash remover pro. ;)

jlahham

Hey guys,
Any idea why the time indicator in the upper right corner is turning red and yellow? Also, I'm dealing with a red "skipped1" message before the camera stops recording any clue why that happens?

Thank you.

koollife

Hello Guys When Magic Lantern will enable Headphone support for T5i and T4i ? i cannot wait for the update... is there any Tip and trick Guys? any addon to get the feature work?

stupendousman_dk

Hi,

I am really happy with the current build, have been using it for more than a week now.
Though there is one thing i am having a little trouble figuering out - the FPS override.

So want to get a subtle slow motion effect - but it seems i can't find a setting that makes this happen.

I for instance set the override to Exact FPS and 48 FPS. But it seems i can't see any difference. I know the container will have the same FPS as the camera dictates (24, or 25 PAL) but when i re-time the clip it doesn't seem there is more frames than normal.

Hints please? :-)

batista16

Hi, Does your play mode shortcuts work?
I'm testing SET+MainDial and it just skips 10 pictures (by canon original feature),
Also, is it possible to enable ML Overlays in Play Mode? like zebras for example.

a1ex

To diagnose this, print the result of is_pure_play_photo_mode(). It should return 1 if you are viewing a picture, and 0 if you are viewing a movie, or if you are not in playback mode.

You may also check this stub: PlayMain_handler. If in doubt, print the return value of get_current_dialog_handler().

koollife

To the Experts in the house, is there any feature update for Canon T5i and T4i concerning Headphone Monitor features.
The monitor indicator is working but how about the headphone monitor?

wyrlyn

I would also ask the same, let us know is someone is working on it please.

mk11174

Photo
dialog = ff3b9db0
pure_play  = 1

Movie
dialog = ff54721c
pure_play = 0

Live View
dialog = ff5330d8
pure_play = 0

Felipe

mk11174, Does it mean you have a new module for headphone monitoring ?
650D-700D

mk11174

No, I was replying to alex for the print of pure_play

Felipe

650D-700D

mk11174

Yeah, basically just letting him know it diagnosed fine for the play mode for photos and movie files, nothing about audio.

a1ex

Looks correct. Can you show a video of the problem?

bend53

I too am shooting video with a 700D/ t5i. I would very much like to display the shooting date and time in the output video. Any help with this?

oscaraxen

Hey guys

When I try to unzip the latest nightly build I get the following errors in WinRar:

!   C:\Users\Oscar\Desktop\rebuilt.rebuilt.magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug20.700D113 (1).zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\Oscar\Desktop\ml\autoexec.bin. The file is corrupt

!   C:\Users\Oscar\Desktop\rebuilt.rebuilt.magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug20.700D113 (1).zip: The archive is corrupt

I have tried repairing the archive but it doesn't help. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thank you!