Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlahham

Quote from: mk11174 on May 20, 2014, 09:35:38 PM
I just added the stubs for mlv_play, so maybe you need the latest nightly???

Are you recording with raw_rec or mlv_rec?

If I play it back, it by default is plays in color with mlv_play module, but you have to make sure mlv_play module is loaded of coarse.

While it plays, you can press trash button again to change the setting for mlv_play.

You are trying to play back RAW video which is not really meant for our camera so we can only expect a preview type mode, it works pretty good, but its not going to play back perfect like MOV's do.

I use the latest build and am having no issues with it on my cameras which are T5i and T2i.

The only issues you will see in the preview will be the pink dots that we get with our newer camera like the t5i, these can be removed in post but not on camera.

Yea I am shooting RAW, I guess that settles it ... which reminds me, what are the advantages for shooting MLV over RAW other than the audio? Would you suggest me using MLV instead?
And where can I find the MLV workflow thread?

Many thanks

chriskreisel

Hi,
I have successfully installed a few weeks ago ML on my 700D and created already 4 Timelaps.

Now I would like to activate the Holy Grail function, but unfortunately I didn'g find this on the menu - not even under Auto Exposure....

Maybe I can help one of you?

Here are my Timelaps:
http://youtu.be/8sRTdynN0BI
http://youtu.be/UT4aBBwPuic
http://youtu.be/60VgBnaWSco
http://youtu.be/3z6qvhEAkLY

regards
Christian

dmilligan

Quote from: chriskreisel on May 21, 2014, 06:01:36 PM
Now I would like to activate the Holy Grail function, but unfortunately I didn'g find this on the menu - not even under Auto Exposure....
I'm not aware of any ML features know as "Holy Grail". However, if you're trying to do a day to night timelapse (or vice versa), then start here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5705.0

strike771377

hey everyone!  first time to post here!  I have a t2i that I've been running ML on for awhile and love it!  Shoot mostly videos.  Just got two t5i in and would like ML on it.  I've read a bit of this thread but not all 18 pages! lol Is there a stable/working version for the t5i yet and if so, what do I need to do to get it?

Thanks in advance!

strike771377

ok so I got it installed on one of my cameras.  Is there a way to get the audio meters during video?

jlahham

Quote from: strike771377 on May 24, 2014, 05:12:43 AM
ok so I got it installed on one of my cameras.  Is there a way to get the audio meters during video?

Load MLV rec..this will allow you to record audio and toggle the meters on and off

strike771377

Quote from: jlahham on May 24, 2014, 05:24:46 AM
Load MLV rec..this will allow you to record audio and toggle the meters on and off

Can you help me to know how to do that?  Where do I get the file from?  Where on the SD card do I put it?

jlahham

Quote from: strike771377 on May 24, 2014, 06:30:32 PM
Can you help me to know how to do that?  Where do I get the file from?  Where on the SD card do I put it?

Go to Modules>load mlv_rec and mlv_snd> restart your camera and you'll notice the Audio Tab, turn it on and BOOM!!

jetkrazee

I recently was performing a bracketed shot with my t5i with ML build date of 4-20-2014. I received an error of "soft limit reached" after the camera fired the first frame. Any ideas?

Thanks, jet

a1ex

Yes, you can't focus past the physical limits of your lens.

jetkrazee

Hmmmm, I was using a 24-105 canon L lens and focusing from macro to 100mm. Don't see how that is beyond the lens "physical limits".

a1ex

Then, either your lens had a mechanical problem, or the focus command was sent too early, or it doesn't work at all, or something else.

I'm afraid you have to debug this one yourself.

FYI: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

jetkrazee

I see. Thanks! :) I do thank each and every one of you that have made this software possible. It is awesome!!!

[email protected]

Hello, everybody!
I'm trying to record a video in 1280 * 720, but in my settings ML does not.
There is only 16:9 - 1280 * 514
The picture has to stretch in the editor.
What am I doing wrong? Why not on the menu 16:9 -1280 * 720

Help please!

jlahham

Hey Guys,
I've posted previously concerning a flashing UI issue, now that I activated MagicZoom I'm experiencing the same issue with it. When MagicZoon is on it is constantly flashing and it seems as though is flashes faster upon moving the camera around making it real hard to focus on a specific point. Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

BASSPRO

Move the position of the Magic Zoom Box to the "bottom-right", that should fix it.

jlahham

Quote from: BASSPRO on June 07, 2014, 12:27:55 PM
Move the position of the Magic Zoom Box to the "bottom-right", that should fix it.

Much much better..thanks for the hint.

jlahham

Hey Guys,
This is not a problem report, it is simply me reporting on a shooting session that I conducted using the nightly build. I decided to take my chances and use the build on a gig I was hired to do and to my surprise I shot for over an hour and a half, interior and exterior, and no crashes or problems to report, so this is a big huzzah to all of you. One little thing though, the temperature indicator was going up and down a lot, it kept jumping up to 51 and down to 45, it didn't stop me from shooting I just thought I'd let you know.

Many thanks to all of the great work.

jlahham

Hey Guys,
Going through some of the footage I shot I noticed some flickering issue with the footage where the exposure flickers high and low on some parts of the footage.. anyone else is having the same ordeal? any workaround?

Thanks

wyrlyn

Hey guys!

I'm a current owner of 700D/T5i with a firmware version of 1.1.1
First quastion: Can I run the latest build (for 700D) with the 1.1.1 version or should I update to 1.1.3 before the Magic Lantern install?
The second question: What will happen if I copy the 1.1.3 files to my SD card (for Canon fw install) and after that I install the Magic Lantern ? (I mean if the 1.1.3 files will be gone because of the format req during Magic Lantern install process). I hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers!

BASSPRO

Unless you can locate an older build upgrade to ver 1.1.3

BASSPRO

Auto ISO is often a cause of this kind of problem so make sure you set it manually, especially if you are moving around a lot. Also, if you were shooting under fluorescent lights this to can be a pain and introduce all kinds of issues. Use manual setting wherever possible.

Quote from: jlahham on June 21, 2014, 07:46:46 AM
Hey Guys,
Going through some of the footage I shot I noticed some flickering issue with the footage where the exposure flickers high and low on some parts of the footage.. anyone else is having the same ordeal? any workaround?

Thanks

TAB

Hey everybody,

For a few months I've been using the 64 notch audio module that mk11174 posted a while back. Worked great, my only gripe was having to manually transfer the module and settings folders upon updating nightly builds.

I stopped updating probably a few weeks ago, and just tried running the latest nightly (June 25).

I've found that the audio 64 module doesn't seem to work any more, I'm getting this cryptic annoying message about it, and the feature is no longer accessible.

I'm assuming that the module is no longer supported; I'm wondering if there's a workaround and / or if precise audio controls will be properly integrated into the nightly builds soon? It was a lot quicker and easier to switch between AGC and manual settings than diving into the canon menu.

mk11174

Quote from: TAB on June 26, 2014, 02:52:56 AM
I stopped updating probably a few weeks ago, and just tried running the latest nightly (June 25).

I've found that the audio 64 module doesn't seem to work any more, I'm getting this cryptic annoying message about it, and the feature is no longer accessible.

I'm assuming that the module is no longer supported; I'm wondering if there's a workaround and / or if precise audio controls will be properly integrated into the nightly builds soon? It was a lot quicker and easier to switch between AGC and manual settings than diving into the canon menu.
I recently recompiled a version just last night to get my cams up to date and also the module. Let me know if this one doesn't work for you.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/VOL_64_June_25_2014.zip
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on June 26, 2014, 05:14:52 AM
I recently recompiled a version just last night to get my cams up to date and also the module. Let me know if this one doesn't work for you.
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/VOL_64_June_25_2014.zip

Now, before I get the cryptic message screen, it gives me this upon booting:

"
Camera was not shut down cleanly.STBY
Skipping module loading

"

I have no idea what it means "shut down cleanly," I always wait for the red light to stop blinking before I touch the memory card slot.

Also, I've noticed that the shutter speed for video of 1/47 now appears to be 1/45; I'm wondering if this is just an interface thing or if it's actually rolling a fraction of a second slower now?