Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underbully

Thankyou kind sir for your reply... It is just a little bit confusing sorry thanks for clearing it up for me I am excited to try out 9 exposure brackets for hdr..

EDIT : Installed without a hitch thankyou :D Cannot wait to try

jetkrazee

Well I decided to load ML on our relatively new 700. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thank you to all that have worked so hard to make this possible. 8)

Ramon

Quote from: jlahham on April 09, 2014, 08:20:43 AM
Dude, these look great..congrats. Now are these stills from a footage or just photos. The grain is soft enough to keep interesting but not distract much from the image ...real promising ..can't wait to install it on my T5i

Yep, those were stills from the raw footage ^^ The difference is huge, though it would be awesome to be able to record in a bit higher resolution.. but SD cards don't really seem to be fast enough, haha :p Show me some of your results too, when you get to it

Can anyone tell if the 1.1.3 version is alright? I'm still using the 1.1.1 version, but since the 1.1.1 Canon firmware can not be downloaded, I want to be sure that I'll be fine when installing 1.1.3 :p

godashram

Quote from: BASSPRO on April 13, 2014, 03:15:08 PM
Canon T5i (700D) and Atomos Ninja.

Is anyone working on, or found, a solution for the black frame around the Atomos Ninja's image. Up until this day all Canon DSLR cameras have overlays within the HDMI signal that cannot be removed making the external recording un-useable. Can this be remedied with Magic Lantern or is it a canon Firmware issue?

That would be nice to see if it's a hardware or software limitation
Canon T5I, EOS M2

TokyoDon

Hello lovely people-

I'm having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to load ML onto my 700D from a mac. Watched a few youtube videos, and they did it through a card reading program that only works with windows. I can't even find the file to re-download on the forums. If anyone could help a quasi-retarded, shit-scared grown ass man, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

Video is outdated ... which happens a lot.

1. Make sure to have Canon's firmware version 1.1.3 installed
2. Format your card using a cardreader
3. Format your card in your cam
4. Download latest nightly build -> Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> 700D.113
5. Expand contents
6. Copy contents (ML directory, AUTOEXEC.BIN, 700D_113.FIR) to card (cardreader again).
7. Insert card to cam, startup, call Canon's firmware update and follow instructions
8. Done ... almost: You will struggle mastering all those options you got ...

Ciao
Walter

jlahham

Any specific settings when formatting the card in the reader? NTFS or FAT32...?

jlahham

Another question .. Is the pinkdots problem a nightly release problem only? or would it persist in the stable release?

Ramon

Quote from: jlahham on April 26, 2014, 10:55:45 PM
Any specific settings when formatting the card in the reader? NTFS or FAT32...?

Quote from: jlahham on April 27, 2014, 01:08:56 AM
Another question .. Is the pinkdots problem a nightly release problem only? or would it persist in the stable release?

I'm thinking thats a problem with this type of camera? ;\ not sure.
When using the raw2dng_cs2x2.exe.. which removes the pink dots, the dots are still visible in bright white areas.. as the dots become pure white
I have to say that it works ok for now, I can't spot them at all on my usual shots.. the process isn't a hassle at all, because you have to do the raw2dng thing anyway ^^

About the cards thing, I would like to have some more info as well.. I'm running my cards on ExFAT now, with the default allocation size (don't really know what that means). I use ExFAT because now I'm able to record a full 32GB SD card of raw footage in one take. I'm wondering if the format settings or allocation size will make a difference in write speeds ;o

a1ex

Quote from: Ramon on April 27, 2014, 12:36:34 PM
When using the raw2dng_cs2x2.exe.. which removes the pink dots, the dots are still visible in bright white areas.. as the dots become pure white

Do you have a DNG sample? Upload one from both plain raw2dng and the cs2x2 one.

Ramon

Quote from: a1ex on April 27, 2014, 12:41:24 PM
Do you have a DNG sample? Upload one from both plain raw2dng and the cs2x2 one.

Sure thing, here is a dropbox link with both dng files and jpeg samples
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/53zqqoccz4jetfr/iUGVj8GvBO

I know.. lame frame :p but the white dots were very well visible on this one ^^

I should mention, that I noticed now I've looked further into this. The white dots are hardly, if not at all visible when the dng is not edited. However, when you bring the highlights, whites or exposure down.. you will start to see them.

Here are some image samples:

This is how both images look, straight from raw2dng and an edited one - pink dots

Edited one - becomes horrible ;\

Here is how both the raw2dng_cs2x2 versions look (pink dots removed) - very nice

Edited one - pitty :(

Hopes this helps ^^
Keep up the good work,

Ramon

jlahham

Quote from: Ramon on April 27, 2014, 12:36:34 PM
I'm thinking thats a problem with this type of camera? ;\ not sure.
I have to say that it works ok for now, I can't spot them at all on my usual shots.. the process isn't a hassle at all, because you have to do the raw2dng thing anyway ^^

Speaking of raw2dng_cs2x2.exe do you know of any good links where I can find the latest? I keep coming across links that don't work anymore or spam. Your help is most appreciated.

Thanks
A follow up,
I did find a version of raw2dng but it didn't get rid of the pinkdots, any specific settings I'm missing? Here's the a frame of the footage
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9Z_7TJrTlxs/U11f-o7e3nI/AAAAAAAADAI/uSE2lHJ4C00/s1600/pinkdots.jpg

Ramon

Quote from: jlahham on April 27, 2014, 09:19:40 PM
Speaking of raw2dng_cs2x2.exe do you know of any good links where I can find the latest? I keep coming across links that don't work anymore or spam. Your help is most appreciated.

Thanks
A follow up,
I did find a version of raw2dng but it didn't get rid of the pinkdots, any specific settings I'm missing? Here's the a frame of the footage
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9Z_7TJrTlxs/U11f-o7e3nI/AAAAAAAADAI/uSE2lHJ4C00/s1600/pinkdots.jpg

Nice frame ^^

Someone in the chat linked me one, back when I was installing ML. It might even be an older version? ;\ I tried to find a list of them, but wasn't really able to find a good list :(
I found a lot of downloads to different ones linked on this thread http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.350

I noticed there are different ones. The one I have is just called raw2dng_cs2x2.exe
Will look into this later

jlahham

This is my very first successful try shooting RAW with some color grading, https://vimeo.com/93571005 I noticed some relatively visible grain although I was very careful keeping the ISO low, any advice?

Thanks

godashram

Quote from: jlahham on May 02, 2014, 08:57:44 AM
This is my very first successful try shooting RAW with some color grading, https://vimeo.com/93571005 I noticed some relatively visible grain although I was very careful keeping the ISO low, any advice?

Thanks

considering the environment, i think the grain worked in your favor :) looks good.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

jlahham

Hey guys,
I'm having some troubles with the ML UI flickering over the Canon's UI and sometimes freezing the camera..anything I can do to prevent that from happening?

Thanks

Ramon

Quote from: jlahham on May 05, 2014, 10:04:06 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having some troubles with the ML UI flickering over the Canon's UI and sometimes freezing the camera..anything I can do to prevent that from happening?

Thanks

Hmmh.. I don't think I've had those problems before. What version are you running? I'm running the old 1.1.1 from feb 09, and it seems very good.
I was thinking about installing a new 1.1.3 version, but once I do that I can't go back ^^ so any other flaws I should know about before installing it? ;\

jlahham

Quote from: Ramon on May 05, 2014, 11:50:38 PM
Hmmh.. I don't think I've had those problems before. What version are you running? I'm running the old 1.1.1 from feb 09, and it seems very good.
I was thinking about installing a new 1.1.3 version, but once I do that I can't go back ^^ so any other flaws I should know about before installing it? ;\

I'm in 1.1.3

godashram

I'm on 1.1.3 and haven't had flickering issues, but then again, I'm on a nightly from 2 weeks ago....
Canon T5I, EOS M2

mk11174

Quote from: jlahham on May 05, 2014, 10:04:06 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks
Hmm, not sure about that one, I have never experienced that issue at all and I am using up to date source and never had anything like this happen since 1.1.3 was created.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

mlost

I've got a problem with installing or using ML on my 700D (firmware 1.1.3). I used the nightly builds for this, followed the steps and when I install the ML.fir I get the following screen:
Magic Lantern install; Boot flag is already set; Making card bootable; Done; Please restart
(in the right corner: Firmware 0, Bootdisk -1, Ram_exe -1, Update -1)

When I restart the camera, it boots into the usual Canon mode with some small lines on top and bottom (stating my lens and the nightly build).

I never get a green screen or the ML menue.
What do I do wrong?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: mlost on May 14, 2014, 04:21:30 AM
I never get a green screen or the ML menue.
What do I do wrong?

Not reading the User Guide?
Press trashcan button ...

mlost

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 14, 2014, 07:01:58 AM
Not reading the User Guide?
Press trashcan button ...

Thanks Walter for this hint. I read really a lot, googled a lot for this issue. The user guide didn't cross my mind, when I couldn't even use ML. But if hitting the trashcan button is so vital to start it then you could also blame all those who failed to mention this to newbies in their installation/usage guides.

jlahham

Hey guys,
I'm having a little trouble with viewing the RAW footage I shoot..Everytime I hit the play button the footage plays distorted and in black and white.. is there a specific setting for this issue?

Thanks

mk11174

Quote from: jlahham on May 20, 2014, 09:05:43 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having a little trouble with viewing the RAW footage I shoot..Everytime I hit the play button the footage plays distorted and in black and white.. is there a specific setting for this issue?

Thanks
I just added the stubs for mlv_play, so maybe you need the latest nightly???

Are you recording with raw_rec or mlv_rec?

If I play it back, it by default is plays in color with mlv_play module, but you have to make sure mlv_play module is loaded of coarse.

While it plays, you can press trash button again to change the setting for mlv_play.

You are trying to play back RAW video which is not really meant for our camera so we can only expect a preview type mode, it works pretty good, but its not going to play back perfect like MOV's do.

I use the latest build and am having no issues with it on my cameras which are T5i and T2i.

The only issues you will see in the preview will be the pink dots that we get with our newer camera like the t5i, these can be removed in post but not on camera.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i