Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godashram

Quote from: mk11174 on April 06, 2014, 07:27:31 PM
By the way, I added the feature to go from Internal Mic to External mic and vice versa while an Internal Mic is plugged in, but is it really of any use to do that? If there is, I will keep it in the module.

Only advantage is if for some reason you want to quickly switch to your internal mics without messing with the mic plug on cam if one is plugged in, but again, does anyone ever do that?

I can't do anything cool like putting int on one channel and ext on another channel, just the basic disable external mic while it is still plugged in.

leave it in. between this and the audio meters, if for whatever reason your ext mic is NOT detected (or on), then you have visual feedback. can be great for troubleshooting a mic, cable or port issue.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

mk11174

Here is the build with mic feature and kept it simple and just did no multiply so it goes from 0 to 63 now but gets there fast so its still faster then Canon.

You will need the whole thing because it uses 2 mic stubs not yet in main source.

https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-Nightly.2014Apr06.700D113.zip
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

I personally think that 63 levels is too much, too many clicks to adjust levels, Say for example my Panasonic P2 Broadcast camera that has build in XLR connectors and good
Preamps, plus a Headphone jack has only 14 levels, 21 levels is fine but 63 ???
Another thing , Was great to test  this but, the feature external and internal mic , can lead to mistakes I will not use it.
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 06, 2014, 11:03:57 PM
I personally think that 63 levels is too much, too many clicks to adjust levels, Say for example my Panasonic P2 Broadcast camera that has build in XLR connectors and good
Another thing , Was great to test  this but, the feature external and internal mic , can lead to mistakes I will not use it.
What about something like this one?
"REMOVED LINK"

This one can be used with the Nightly, I took out the mic feature.

If you get a crash, you need to delete the vol_adj.cfg file in ml/settings folder it might use old settings for levels and crash it, so just delete that file to get it working, prob best to delete it anyway before you try it to start clean.

godashram

Quote from: Felipe on April 06, 2014, 11:03:57 PM

while true since the on cam pre-amps suck..... i can't think of a single reason any human would ever need it to go that high... at the same time, single increments helps with fine tuning, allowing you to find that sweet spot.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

mk11174

Ok, here are the 3 differ versions of the rec input adjust module.

These will work fine with the nightly builds. The module is nothing fancy, does not do anything different than what Canon Audio menu does, it just allows you to control mic gain from ML.

Also, make sure don't use 2 versions at one time, if you want more than one version ready to go you can have them all on the card, just don't have more then 1 loaded for use.

"updated from 63 to 64 because 64 was actually the max"
64step Version  https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/vol_64.mo

21step Version https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/vol_21.mo

"fixed the numbers by 4db since I was multiplying by 4, I had no reason to add db choices by 2" DOH!!
still no clue if each step is the db, but for now this is how its setup, I will update each range if I ever figure it out.
Just think of it as a fancier way to step by 4's instead of 1 or 3 like in 64step and 21step
db Version https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/vol_db.mo

"zip file with all versions"
All versions  https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads/All_Vol_Adj_Modules.zip

Ramon

Works great with my 700D!

Wasn't sure about things at first, but I got it installed finally and tried out some different things.
I haven't tried all features yet, but the HDR recording works very good in 50 fps 720p for slow movements. Flawless on a slow SanDisk class 6 card.

Raw recording is ok. I'm using a samsung 32GB SDXC which is rated for 40MB/s write, but does about 30MB/s for me :p I can record for about 30 seconds at 1344x562, which is 2.39:1 (30.2MB/s).. with hacks off. Frame rate varies from 23.973 to 23.983, but I'm not sure if even that's 100% accurate ;\ With this card I can only get a couple of seconds on higher resolutions. Getting some 600x komputerbay cards soon btw.
1728x972 (16:9) is the max I can set it to, when I go higher it will say ".... is not possible in current video mode (max 1728)." Not that I would possibly be able to record at that rate on an sd card.. 67.2MB/s.. or am I? xD

Largest .RAW file that I have (from recording at 1344x562) is a 923MB file containing an amount of 732 .dng images
I used the raw2dng_cs2x2.exe (pink dot removing raw2dng) to get the image sequence.

Here are some stills of some of my raw test shots using a 'Canon 50mm f/1.4', wide open to f2.2 in low light at 800 ISO.
These have only been quickly edited in Adobe Camera Raw, but NOT graded, NOT denoised, nothing else.
The image is noisy, but I prefer this over H.264 by far, especially for close up shots where the details are so much better.

(posted in original resolution, open the images by clicking if your screen is too small)

Hope this kind of helped, if there is anything else I can do to help improve this project, I would be glad to.

P.s. would anyone know a real good sd card for raw recording? And what would be the maximum 'actual' write speed for that?

mk11174

Hi, I just want to make note to protect ML from support questions while using the vol adjust module.

ML has nothing to do with the module, try at your own risk and if module is buggy, just ask me for help because it is not part of the great ML.

I don't want the Devs bother by questions for this module even though the module is very basic and straight foward, you adjust the mic input from 0 to 21 or 0 to 64, I know, sound hard  :P
but I really want to make it clear for the Devs of ML, its not supported by ML, I will be your only support for it.

When the audio chip is coded by whoever, I will delete the module from the forum since it won't be needed.

Again, the values for the dB version are most likely wrong, I tried to get the real values and make sure they are what they say, but the document is to complicated for me  :-\
I just simply felt like beefing the GUI up so I did, simple as that.

But the modules, whichever you choose to use work just fine for what I intended, control mic input from within ML GUI and it works just fine for me and other users so feel free to try it out if you want.

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on April 08, 2014, 10:47:52 AM
Hi, I just want to make note to protect ML from support questions while using the vol adjust module.

ML has nothing to do with the module, try at your own risk and if module is buggy, just ask me for help because it is not part of the great ML.

I don't want the Devs bother by questions for this module even though the module is very basic and straight foward, you adjust the mic input from 0 to 21 or 0 to 64, I know, sound hard  :P
but I really want to make it clear for the Devs of ML, its not supported by ML, I will be your only support for it.

When the audio chip is coded by whoever, I will delete the module from the forum since it won't be needed.

Again, the values for the dB version are most likely wrong, I tried to get the real values and make sure they are what they say, but the document is to complicated for me  :-\
I just simply felt like beefing the GUI up so I did, simple as that.

But the modules, whichever you choose to use work just fine for what I intended, control mic input from within ML GUI and it works just fine for me and other users so feel free to try it out if you want.

Ok, so just to confirm, is the 0-64 version identical in function to the Canon menu?

mk11174

Quote from: TAB on April 09, 2014, 06:37:39 AM
Ok, so just to confirm, is the 0-64 version identical in function to the Canon menu?
Yes, 64 steps is exact how many steps there are in canon left to right manual audio control.

0 to 21 will just go through 64 steps faster by skipping 3 steps.

dB version is just for looks since I could not really find the dB values, I just wanted to play with the GUI, yes, it does work, but the values don't mean anything other then a step by 4.

I would just use 0 to 64 keep it real and simple, 21 version only if you feel you don't need use of all 64 steps and dont mind skipping every 3.

jlahham

Quote from: Ramon on April 07, 2014, 10:14:40 PM
Works great with my 700D!

Wasn't sure about things at first, but I got it installed finally and tried out some different things.
I haven't tried all features yet, but the HDR recording works very good in 50 fps 720p for slow movements. Flawless on a slow SanDisk class 6 card.

Raw recording is ok. I'm using a samsung 32GB SDXC which is rated for 40MB/s write, but does about 30MB/s for me :p I can record for about 30 seconds at 1344x562, which is 2.39:1 (30.2MB/s).. with hacks off. Frame rate varies from 23.973 to 23.983, but I'm not sure if even that's 100% accurate ;\ With this card I can only get a couple of seconds on higher resolutions. Getting some 600x komputerbay cards soon btw.
1728x972 (16:9) is the max I can set it to, when I go higher it will say ".... is not possible in current video mode (max 1728)." Not that I would possibly be able to record at that rate on an sd card.. 67.2MB/s.. or am I? xD

Largest .RAW file that I have (from recording at 1344x562) is a 923MB file containing an amount of 732 .dng images
I used the raw2dng_cs2x2.exe (pink dot removing raw2dng) to get the image sequence.

Here are some stills of some of my raw test shots using a 'Canon 50mm f/1.4', wide open to f2.2 in low light at 800 ISO.
These have only been quickly edited in Adobe Camera Raw, but NOT graded, NOT denoised, nothing else.
The image is noisy, but I prefer this over H.264 by far, especially for close up shots where the details are so much better.

Hope this kind of helped, if there is anything else I can do to help improve this project, I would be glad to.

P.s. would anyone know a real good sd card for raw recording? And what would be the maximum 'actual' write speed for that?

Dude, these look great..congrats. Now are these stills from a footage or just photos. The grain is soft enough to keep interesting but not distract much from the image ...real promising ..can't wait to install it on my T5i

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on April 02, 2014, 06:45:16 PM
And yes, MZ flickers, no fix for that yet, but its not so bad of your not moving around much. I don't know what happen to the green indicator box for it, it has never had it or worked on this camera as far as I know.

Somebody should work on this, because the flicker is kind of annoying, and green focus confirmation would make this feature super awesome. I also wish I could activate magic zoom using the live view magnification buttons, rather than focus ring + half shutter. That said, right now I can make the box disappear with the - button, but I wish it was set up to formally work with + as well.

And thanks for the audio modules mk11174, working great for me!

nanomad

Focus confirm is something we can't just do right now because is missing from the Canon side, or at least I couldn't find the appropriate memory area.

Flickering is tricky because there's no proper vsync hook
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mk11174

Quote from: nanomad on April 09, 2014, 09:13:19 PM
Focus confirm is something we can't just do right now because is missing from the Canon side, or at least I couldn't find the appropriate memory area.

Yeah, same here, the current address only seems to work in AF, I was trying to get Trap Focus to work last week but the only way it would work was if I set it to AF and disabled the if statement for Trap Focus to wait for manual focus, and that makes it useless, but I was just seeing if it at least worked.

Using memory browser on current consts address does return 1 but only in AF mode.

I was hoping there was a way to trick the camera into thinking it was in AF mode while in MF mode, but if there is, that is way to advanced for me.

smyky

help me, how to remove on my image dng ?

godashram

a few pages back, you need the pink dot removal tool
Canon T5I, EOS M2

acenothing

I recently upgrade from T3i to T5i and I wanted to install ML like on my T3i.  I can not figure out what you all are using since the regular download does not show it supports T5i.  In addition the notes on the nightly release seems a bit too technical for me.  Can anyone help by telling me:
1. The normal ML will work
2. A simple step by step process to install the nightly releases
3. What version is everyone in this forum using

Thanks

Walter Schulz

1: No
2: Download latest nightly build, expand contents to local disk, copy contents to card. Start cam with card inserted, run Canon's firmware update procedure, restart cam and press trashcan button.
3: Whatever version makes them happy ...

acenothing

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 12, 2014, 07:16:26 PM
1: No
2: Download latest nightly build, expand contents to local disk, copy contents to card. Start cam with card inserted, run Canon's firmware update procedure, restart cam and press trashcan button.
3: Whatever version makes them happy ...

Thanks.  I must be something wrong.  I
1. formatted a card
2. download "Nightly.2014Apr09.700D113". 
3. extracted contents
4. copied contents to card
5. put card back in
6. turned on camera
7. when to format
8. selected format firmware
9. got a quick look at and update screen
10. all went black
11. after 5 minutes I had to pull the battery.

Camera is ok but am I doing something wrong?

asilnevs

First of all you have to upgrade to Canons latest Firmware 113 and after that you can install ML.

BASSPRO

Canon T5i (700D) and Atomos Ninja.

Is anyone working on, or found, a solution for the black frame around the Atomos Ninja's image. Up until this day all Canon DSLR cameras have overlays within the HDMI signal that cannot be removed making the external recording un-useable. Can this be remedied with Magic Lantern or is it a canon Firmware issue?

acenothing

Quote from: asilnevs on April 13, 2014, 08:33:34 AM
First of all you have to upgrade to Canons latest Firmware 113 and after that you can install ML.

That was it THANKS !!!!     :D

Dmain03

Much love to you geniuses for making this happen. Words cant express how much I appreciate your guys work. AMAZE!!!!!!!
You turned my 700D into a weapon!!!!!

Underbully

Ok can someone please set me straight on what I need to know to get ML installed onto my 700D . It would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Walter Schulz

This is going to be recursive ...
You need Canon's firmware 1.1.3 and step 2 from http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5951.msg111306#msg111306