Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godashram

That portion is being worked on, but if you want to kill AGC now, do not shoot video in any Auto mode. switch to manual, for example. and in the Canon menu, you can adjust the gain levels there.  My cam isn't on me atm, so i can't give you specifics, except the audio options you are looking for are in the video section of the canon menu.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

nevednez

I would like to thank the developers for all the effort and time you invest in this firmware. Really superb application.

Yesterday I finally installed ML on my 700D. During testing, I noticed the following:

1. When I press the ISO button, I miss the function for adjusting the white balance and ISO with cross keys (up-down for Kelvin and right-left for ISO).  On my 600d camera I can press the SET button for automatic white balance and color shift. Usually I use this feature a lot, because it is very convenient and fast in run&gun situations.

2. Magic Zoom works but in my case it's useless because the enlarged image continuosly flashes. I also miss the green bars when object is in focus. 

3. Is it possible that the battery is empty very quickly (about 10-15 minutes)?

mk11174

Quote from: nevednez on April 02, 2014, 08:29:19 AM
I would like to thank the developers for all the effort and time you invest in this firmware. Really superb application.

Yesterday I finally installed ML on my 700D. During testing, I noticed the following:

1. When I press the ISO button, I miss the function for adjusting the white balance and ISO with cross keys (up-down for Kelvin and right-left for ISO).  On my 600d camera I can press the SET button for automatic white balance and color shift. Usually I use this feature a lot, because it is very convenient and fast in run&gun situations.

2. Magic Zoom works but in my case it's useless because the enlarged image continuosly flashes. I also miss the green bars when object is in focus. 

3. Is it possible that the battery is empty very quickly (about 10-15 minutes)?

The shortcuts for ISO and KEL are still there, just go into Pref menu in ML and go into Misc key settings and turn on LCD Sensor Shorcuts, also, check Arrow/Set shortcuts menu in Pref menu and set the shortcuts how you would like them.

Then you can use the Face Sensor above the viewfinder to activate them and switch through them.

You will also need to have LCD auto off Enabled in Canon menu to use the sensor feature.

And yes, MZ flickers, no fix for that yet, but its not so bad of your not moving around much.

I don't know what happen to the green indicator box for it, it has never had it or worked on this camera as far as I know.

I don't notice battery draining anymore then my other cams, also, one way to test it is to uninistall ML and test a full charge battery on it compared to a full charged battery using ML, but don't forget, the more features you use, the higher the cpu will be used so that should drain battery faster then without ML, so it just depends on the features you use I guess.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

BASSPRO

Today I upgraded my firmware to ver 1.1.3 and everything is running perfectly with the latest nightly build.  I look forward to seeing the audio meters in future builds. Well done to all those concerned for the great work.

mk11174

Quote from: BASSPRO on April 03, 2014, 06:30:47 PM
Today I upgraded my firmware to ver 1.1.3 and everything is running perfectly with the latest nightly build.  I look forward to seeing the audio meters in future builds. Well done to all those concerned for the great work.
The audio meters should be working the latest nightly, I made the changes a few days ago.  :)

TAB

Quote from: mk11174 on April 03, 2014, 06:50:21 PM
The audio meters should be working the latest nightly, I made the changes a few days ago.  :)

Hey mk11174, I'm still on 1.1.1, running your Feb 26 build. I'm just trying to decide if/when it's worth the firmware upgrade, because right now I'm doing perfectly well with this old version. I'm just wondering, as of right now, if the current nightly build of 1.1.3 is up to par with the Feb 26 111?

mk11174

Quote from: TAB on April 04, 2014, 02:43:47 AM
Hey mk11174, I'm still on 1.1.1, running your Feb 26 build. I'm just trying to decide if/when it's worth the firmware upgrade, because right now I'm doing perfectly well with this old version. I'm just wondering, as of right now, if the current nightly build of 1.1.3 is up to par with the Feb 26 111?
Oh!, Heck Yeah!, def upgrade, 1.1.3 is working just fine even better and has audio meters turned on in the nightly now, def just as stable as 1.1.1 And the 1.1.3 is more up to date than 1.1.1 actually, 1.1.1 is obsolete now.  ;D

ThankMeLater

Quote from: mk11174 on April 04, 2014, 05:40:43 AM
Oh!, Heck Yeah!, def upgrade, 1.1.3 is working just fine even better and has audio meters turned on in the nightly now, def just as stable as 1.1.1 And the 1.1.3 is more up to date than 1.1.1 actually, 1.1.1 is obsolete now.  ;D

Just for beeing able to format the card in cam without removing magic lantern it is worth it  8)

mk11174

FOR 700D/T5i ONLY!!!

I created a module to give us 700D users use of Manual Audio Input within ML Audio menu if anyone is interested in giving it a shot.

To make full use of it, set Canon Audio to Auto so when you use the module, there is a AGC on or off option that will only allow the AGC to go back ON if you have Auto selected it Canon menu, so in case your one that may want to do a quick switch from Manual to Auto, just set Canon to Auto and this module will allow you to turn AGC On or Off, and when it is Off, then you can use the Gain option to manually adjust the recording input right from ML just like the other models.

https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i-backup/downloads

This is a good temp option until the Audio chip is properly coded.

And great thing, its just a module, so if you don't want to use it, just tell ML not to load the module.

IMPORTANT: You will need the latest nightly to use this module since it uses SetVolumeIn stub which I added April 3rd, so you will want the April 3rd or newer of the nightly http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Hope it works for you as good as it works for me!  :)

a1ex

Since it uses Canon API, does it make any difference compared to Canon menu adjustments?

(AGC off and gain control are already in Canon menu afaik)

mk11174

No it does not, it is the same as Canons audio, just for the users who would rather control Audio from ML menu, it has no advantage over Canon audio adjusting.

I have been awake 26 hours and its now 5am, so that question sounded totally differ the first time I read it, so strange when that happens. lol

asilnevs

The audio gain controle was what I was waiting for.
It works great, thanks.  ;)

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 04, 2014, 10:11:39 AM
FOR 700D/T5i ONLY!!!
I created a module to give us 700D users use of Manual Audio Input within ML Audio menu if anyone is interested in giving it a shot.

Can this module be used on the 650D or can you make one for that one with the shorcuts , so can be adjusted calling the control from the eye sensor, is that too much to ask for ? ?
650D-700D

mk11174

it most likely can be used on 650d just need to add the stub, not sure bout the eye sensor thing?

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 05, 2014, 06:48:30 AM
it most likely can be used on 650d just need to add the stub, not sure bout the eye sensor thing?

Arrow set shortcuts is the name of the function, when you activate the eye sensor, shows some shortcuts to adjust iso, kelvin speeed etc, will be great if you with your brilliant mind get to use that for the recording level while recording. Can you add a stub for the 650D  ?
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 05, 2014, 03:15:33 PM
Arrow set shortcuts is the name of the function, when you activate the eye sensor, shows some shortcuts to adjust iso, kelvin speeed etc, will be great if you with your brilliant mind get to use that for the recording level while recording. Can you add a stub for the 650D  ?
I know how to make the Audio Out and Rec In shortcuts turn on so you can use them, but there for the main ML source audio code, I don't know enough about coding to make this module temporarily connect to just the RecIn part of the code on the main source, which I believe is (mgain) for Analog Gain. If there was a way for me to use that just for our cameras since we don't have Audio controls, then it would be possible. Only other option is to copy and use the code for Arrow shortcuts with LCD sensor activation, but that seems a bit to much for my brain to get working into the module. So for now, I think this way will have to do until we have real Audio Control.

I wont try to commit any changes for this to the main source because it is only a temp solution, that is why I am putting it into a module so the only thing I have to add is a stub.

But I can add the stub for setvolumein though if you want to see if module works on 650d too.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 05, 2014, 09:58:13 PM
But I can add the stub for setvolumein though if you want to see if module works on 650d too.

Sure I'll love to try it
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 05, 2014, 10:35:46 PM
Sure I'll love to try it
If it don't get added to nightly or you curious to try now for the 650D, you can use the 650D build from here https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/magic-lantern/downloads, it is up to date with the main repo.

Just put it in red to not confuse any 700D users since this thread is about 700D. 700D users already have everything you need in the ML Nightly.

Let me know if it works out, don't see why it won't, it is very basic code, nothing camera specific in it, nothing fancy either, so it should work same as on 700D.

Felipe

Yes it does work perfect on the 650D JUST LIKE THE 700D
Thank you
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 05, 2014, 11:40:53 PM
Yes it does work perfect on the 650D JUST LIKE THE 700D
Thank you
That is great, thanks for letting me know!

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Felipe

650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on April 06, 2014, 02:11:20 PM
Please merge that in the 650D Also
It already is, it will be in next nightly  :)

mk11174

By the way, I added the feature to go from Internal Mic to External mic and vice versa while an Internal Mic is plugged in, but is it really of any use to do that? If there is, I will keep it in the module.

Only advantage is if for some reason you want to quickly switch to your internal mics without messing with the mic plug on cam if one is plugged in, but again, does anyone ever do that?

I can't do anything cool like putting int on one channel and ext on another channel, just the basic disable external mic while it is still plugged in.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on April 06, 2014, 07:27:31 PM
By the way, I added the feature to go from Internal Mic to External mic and vice versa while an Internal Mic is plugged in, but is it really of any use to do that? If there is, I will keep it in the module.

Only advantage is if for some reason you want to quickly switch to your internal mics without messing with the mic plug on cam if one is plugged in, but again, does anyone ever do that?

I can't do anything cool like putting int on one channel and ext on another channel, just the basic disable external mic while it is still plugged in.

It is interesting for example for some reason we can record isolated sounds with the shotgun on camera, and suddenly ambient recording with the omni build in.

Another situation could be the shotgun on camera gets static sounds or some how gets strange sounds  by hardware problems, then switch to internal and at least get some audio
( For this last situation a headphone jack will be necessary )
650D-700D