Canon 700D / T5i

Started by nanomad, June 01, 2013, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocodile

movie crop function is very good for me . Thankyou very much.

Denisad

Oh dear. Well, I clear my settings, re-format the card and I see that ML has gone when I open it on the computer. I copy the Audio Meters files, open it again in the camera, go to Firmware and there get an error message telling me that I need a card containing the firmware to perform the update, even though the menu reads 'firmware 113' quite clearly. I turn the camera off then back on, just in case, but nothing doing. So, I format the card once more, back to PC, copy the 113 firmware update, back to camera, and there perform update from 113 to er, 113 without a hitch. Take card back to PC, copy ML files once more, back again to camera where I  perform yet another firmware update cos I think I'm getting rather good at it, but cannot find a trace of Lantern never mind Magic anywhere. I repeated the whole procedure once more to no avail. I'm dashed. Any hints?

mk11174

Quote from: Denisad on March 20, 2014, 03:17:42 PM
Oh dear. Well, I clear my settings, re-format the card and I see that ML has gone when I open it on the computer. I copy the Audio Meters files, open it again in the camera, go to Firmware and there get an error message telling me that I need a card containing the firmware to perform the update, even though the menu reads 'firmware 113' quite clearly. I turn the camera off then back on, just in case, but nothing doing. So, I format the card once more, back to PC, copy the 113 firmware update, back to camera, and there perform update from 113 to er, 113 without a hitch. Take card back to PC, copy ML files once more, back again to camera where I  perform yet another firmware update cos I think I'm getting rather good at it, but cannot find a trace of Lantern never mind Magic anywhere. I repeated the whole procedure once more to no avail. I'm dashed. Any hints?
http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Try getting ML from this place first to be sure you have everything you need.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Audionut

Format the card in camera.
Put the card in the PC reader.
Download the latest nightly build from the link above
Extract the contents of the zip file
Copy contents to the card
Put card in camera
Run firmware update.

Denisad

A very simple routine, Audionut, and well within my capabilities. As it happens, I had another go, the same old way, and this time it stuck. The funny thing is that ML loaded up upon starting the camera without my having to do the firmware update again. Don't ask.

wacru1

ok, i'm up and running w/1.1.3 and the 3/21 nightly. the date of the audio meters fix is 3/15. how do i add the audio code to the 3/21 build? or did i miss something?

mk11174

Quote from: wacru1 on March 21, 2014, 02:24:08 PM
ok, i'm up and running w/1.1.3 and the 3/21 nightly. the date of the audio meters fix is 3/15. how do i add the audio code to the 3/21 build? or did i miss something?
you can just use the 3/15 audio meters version, theres nothing knew for our cam that is in the nightly.

kgmusic

So, do I get this right?  We are not supposed to make the card bootable?  Just format, copy files, stick it in the camera and run the firmware update?

BTW, thanks a lot for making the update for the new firmware.  :-)

mk11174

Quote from: kgmusic on March 21, 2014, 03:40:28 PM
So, do I get this right?  We are not supposed to make the card bootable?  Just format, copy files, stick it in the camera and run the firmware update?

BTW, thanks a lot for making the update for the new firmware.  :-)
No, dont need to make it bootable, the firmware will do that now.

Edmund-B

so ive been running 700d 113 since it came out. im used to the 550's interface so now im rly happy with the c leaner UI

been shooting timelapse like crazy and all seems well only for one thing: trying to turn off the intervalometer in the middle of shooting thru the UI will not work. it will say its off, but it will keep on shooting. turning off the camera does it though.

To do: im gonna test the "start after feature" with long hourse such as 8h. in the stable release, the 550 and 600d woulnt work well unless uve done it 2-3times.

over all, this is functioning great for me ! thank you ! any thing else u guys want me to test in timelapse mode?

kgmusic

Thanks!  I also heard of the install not running well on 64 GB cards.  Will the installer work with my 64 GB card?

K

a1ex

kgmusic

Ha!  I did try it.  My friend dared me.  It installed fine with my 64GB card.

One more thing, when I was updating the firmware, there was also another firmware update for the camera lens.  It reads:
Lens           Ver.1.5.0

I have the 18-135mm STM lens that comes with the kit on the camera right now.  Is this firmware update specifically for that lens?  Or is it a general update for all camera lenses?  What is it for?  Do I have to run it for ML to work properly?

mk11174

Quote from: kgmusic on March 21, 2014, 05:42:05 PM
Ha!  I did try it.  My friend dared me.  It installed fine with my 64GB card.

One more thing, when I was updating the firmware, there was also another firmware update for the camera lens.  It reads:
Lens           Ver.1.5.0

I have the 18-135mm STM lens that comes with the kit on the camera right now.  Is this firmware update specifically for that lens?  Or is it a general update for all camera lenses?  What is it for?  Do I have to run it for ML to work properly?

K
Its just for the cam, don't even need a lens on the cam to make it work.

kgmusic

So why is there a lens firmware update listed in the firmware update screen on my camera?

a1ex

Canon designed it in this way, so... just ask them ;)

darthvedor

Installed "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar23.700D113.zip" and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks to all developers for making this Magical wonder :)

However I tried uninstalling ML by following this instruction from post below:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11017

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

It says "to remove bootflag wait for 30 seconds" after (27 secs)  which the camera goes blank. But the ML still stays. Tried booting camera with card and it just won't boot. Can someone help me uninstall this? Thanks in advance.

ricardoalvez

Quote from: darthvedor on March 23, 2014, 09:29:37 AM
Installed "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Mar23.700D113.zip" and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks to all developers for making this Magical wonder :)

However I tried uninstalling ML by following this instruction from post below:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11017

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

It says "to remove bootflag wait for 30 seconds" after (27 secs)  which the camera goes blank. But the ML still stays. Tried booting camera with card and it just won't boot. Can someone help me uninstall this? Thanks in advance.

audio recording is working?

mk11174

Quote from: ricardoalvez on March 24, 2014, 03:03:29 AM

audio recording is working?
It works fine on my camera. Maybe your power off settings are interfering with it, check in ur canon menu and make sure your power off time is longer just to make sure its not shutting it off first. Not sure if that is the issue, just a guess, but I tested it and it removes the bootflag fine here so it should also work on yours.

godashram

still have to heavily test before the next convention that would require me to use my camera, but really happy/excited for the possibilities.
Canon T5I, EOS M2

divinesnail01

I'm sorry if I've missed this somewhere; I've read the entire thread and haven't seen it.

I'm interested in 2 features:  focus peaking when shooting video, and the HDR mode.  I had ML installed on a T3i and "fell in love" with those features.  Now I have a T5i, and would like to have the same features on that camera. 

I realize the risk of bricking the camera is low, but if those features aren't available / working, I'll skip the risk entirely.

Thanks for your answers, and to all who are working on this.

'snail

divinesnail01

Quote from: divinesnail01 on March 27, 2014, 02:40:36 AM
I'm sorry if I've missed this somewhere; I've read the entire thread and haven't seen it.

I'm interested in 2 features:  focus peaking when shooting video, and the HDR mode.  I had ML installed on a T3i and "fell in love" with those features.  Now I have a T5i, and would like to have the same features on that camera. 

I realize the risk of bricking the camera is low, but if those features aren't available / working, I'll skip the risk entirely.

Thanks for your answers, and to all who are working on this.

'snail

I got brave and installed it.  Yes, those two features seem to work quite nicely.

Again, thanks to all who are working on this.

cybermarmotte

So it won't be long to get the 700d support in the stable version
Tous mes profils sur les réseaux sociaux depuis mon site perso: http://www.etiennebretteville.com

mk11174

Just to update everyone, nanomad merged in the meter patch I commited so the meters should be in the nightly soon, so you won't have to get the version from my download site anymore!!!  :D

Duna

Hey, I'm new to ML and I am looking to use it mainly for Video. I've seen the only way to get rid of AGC is through Magic Lantern and want to disable AGC on my 700d. I installed the newest Nightly Build and the option to disable AGC was not present.
Do you know when they will be implementing this into ML for the 700d?

Thanks,