Home for Raw footage shot with ML Raw on 6D.

Started by noisyboy, May 31, 2013, 11:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asombrir

We had a vintage car and bike event going on this weekend so I thought it was a good reason to go test out more filming in RAW. I used the Rawinizer then converted DNG to video in Cineform studio. I actually love being to film in the 2.3.5 wide ratio. It makes the crop a little more enjoyable.

antoinebordeleau

Hi there y'all, first time ever replying in the forums. First up thanks for the original poster for his involvement with spreading the word about the 6D, you just might have saved me a thousand bucks. I'm just wondering if anybody could put some raw or dng files up for download so we could manipulate them side by side with 5D ones in Resolve? I know personally that would be extremely useful as I am a colorist looking into a choice between a BMCC and the now all-glorified 6D!

Africashot

Choosing between 6D and BMCC? This is a no brainer! Not sure who 'glorified' the 6D but while being a decently priced FF stills camera it is simply not to be compared to the alikes of the 5D and BMCC when it comes to video due to its moire, aliasing and being crippled by its SD card slot not allowing for enough write speeds to get decent RAW resolution... what is there to think about?
ML 5D2 & T3i

1%

I'd chose between 50D/7D/5DII/5DIII based on income and willingness to deal with hassle. That said, 6D gives a decent raw 720P (from 1080) crop, its FF, digic V and rolls nice high rate H264 with audio. I'd say it can be compared unlike the 20MB/s sd cameras which really stretch it on 960x540.

JeanClaudeBonJovi

Hey all,

I was DP on this short film and used Magic Lantern RAW on the 6D w/ VAF back in November and it's just finally been released! You can check it out here:

Everything was shot at 1536x642 and I really love how it looks, despite the less-than-HD res. These guys have a feature planned for the near future, and I think we're crazy enough to try for the whole thing in raw. Time to load up on hard drives!

Magic Lantern (and Tragic Lantern) devs, we love you!

Cheers.

EDIT: Here's the link again, I think I may have embedded it incorrectly, I'm new to the forum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIGciXXSvb0