RAW VIDEO 5D MARK III + Monitoring HDMI

Started by [email protected], May 31, 2013, 06:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Equipement & Config :
EOS 5D MARK III with Magic Lantern May 30th(1729277)

When i record RAW video with an HDMI monitoring, the white area who limit the RAW isn't center on the screen ... But, when i play the RAW, the record is OK ...

Someone have the same problem ?

ted ramasola

I'm using the MkII and I have the same problem.

Question for you, can you play or review raw video with HDMI cable and monitor attached to your camera?

On the mkII with a SWIT hd monitor the camera hangs with ERR 70.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

siebenmorgen

Same as here on the Canon 5D Mark II and the Zacuto viewfinder.

[email protected]

I can't play RAW with HDMI monitor. I should unplug the monitor & play on the 5D screen ...

When i play RAW, the DSLR freeze ...

Sometimes, the liveview freeze when i use HDMI monitor, but audiometer etc (globaldraw) still OK ...

There is something wrong with magic lantern & HDMI monitoring ... I should use my LCD viewfinder !!!

avasarin

Same problem here. I have to test it, because I don't know if just the EVF image is on the left of the screen but the record area still remain on the center of the sensor or not. Because if this happens you can't monitoring it properly!
5dmk2 - Nikkor set(20-28-35-50-105mm), Vivitar 85-105 - BMPCC
http://www.frabiatofilm.com
https://www.facebook.com/stringssenzatempo

guentergunter

5D2 ML RAW + VAF-5D2b: http://vimeo.com/69350650

gybra

Question about when recording with an external monitor on the 5d mark 3.

1) When you press the record button does the monitor turn off and on and then show the image being recorded on the external monitor? Kind of like a delay.

2) Also, is there a way to turn off the LCD on the 5D Mark 3 and just use the external monitor to prevent the camera from heating up?

_DK_

I can't properly record RAW video with a monitor on my 650d due to wrong framing, just like 5D users. But there is no problem with playback, for me.

Question to the people with the problem: Can you use focus peaking properly? I get weird issues with a Monitor and this feature too.

@gybra: The first thing also happens on my 650d.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

alcet

I have Canon 5D mark 3.
I  use downgrade 1.1.3 Firmware version.
I have installed Magic Lantern.
No display on the screen of camera when I plug in the HDMI cable
what are the settings for HDMI out for  raw video?  It may be 1080p or else resolution out
is it possible?
thank you for your sharing information

Walter Schulz

Quote from: alcet on December 29, 2019, 09:18:33 PM
No display on the screen of camera when I plug in the HDMI cable
Dual monitor support introduced with firmware 1.2.3 (or 1.2.1).

what are the settings for HDMI out for  raw video?
? Please specify your request.

It may be 1080p or else resolution out
1080 it is.

tomcarrolls

I get screen tearing purple artifacts (whatever it's called) when I record using a live external monitor: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ijDakNgj66t5jPWaaaI2wCg5DEqXyoaF/view?usp=sharing

tomcarrolls

Okay so I figured out three solutions. You can turn off Global Draw altogether, then it records fine with an external monitor. You can also turn off Focus Peaking on the monitor, but leave on global draw. You can also leave on global draw AND focus peaking, as long as focus peaking is set to Low, and not High. Basically focus peaking being set to High seems to have been the problem for me.

I have a Desview external monitor btw. And I'm recording 10 bit 1080p rewire RAW. Hope this helps someone!

tomcarrolls

Actually scratch that last post. It seems like turning off Global Draw in ML is the only way to get smooth video on my external monitor. (Desview brand).

tomcarrolls

Alright, actually what got it to work for me was switching in camera Canon menu FPS to 24.