T3i with card formatted cant boot ML...Resolved

Started by andres, May 31, 2013, 06:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andres

Hello, I installed ML and use it perfectly until I filled my card. By ignorance I formatted using the Q button, ( deleting ML files)
Afer this, I can use the camera but without the ML software.
In the card I had this files
SETTINGS/magic.cfg
/MISC
/DCIM/100CANON
         /EOSMISC

Then I copied all the zip files again nto the card, thinking it will boot, but nothing happened

I also tried using another card, formatting first, then copying all the ML files (downloaded ML zip file) but didnt work

Can someone help me  please?

deletedAcc.0021

andres

Hello dslrrookie, thanks for your answer. After I noticed my mistake, I tried to install  ML again, using another card.
But nothing happened. Should I download something else ? It´s so easy install and uninstall ML ? I mean, should I use the same card which I have ML for first time or I can use any other card ? Have risk to kill my camera ?

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: andres on June 01, 2013, 05:47:07 AM
Hello dslrrookie, thanks for your answer. After I noticed my mistake, I tried to install  ML again, using another card.
But nothing happened. Should I download something else ? It´s so easy install and uninstall ML ? I mean, should I use the same card which I have ML for first time or I can use any other card ? Have risk to kill my camera ?

Just do a fresh install ... any card.

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

noisyboy

Don't forget to make the card bootable before copying the files over. If the card isn't bootable it won't boot ML.

andres

Thanks for yours comments!

I tried to re install but nothing happens.
I use a Sandisk SDHC 16 GB.
Formatt, Copy all the files, but nothing. The camera just starts as a "canon camera"
Any suggestion ?
Should I re install the firmware from canon ?

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: andres on June 03, 2013, 10:45:35 PM
Thanks for yours comments!

Formatt, Copy all the files, but nothing. The camera just starts as a "canon camera"
Any suggestion ?

Once again:   re-install ML .. .run the firmware update again.

don't forget to use the info button to bring up the ML overlays and the trash can to enter the menu's.

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: andres on June 03, 2013, 10:45:35 PM
Any suggestion ?

missing the suggestion above: Don't forget to make the card bootable before copying the files over. If the card isn't bootable it won't boot ML.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on June 03, 2013, 11:36:51 PM
missing the suggestion above: Don't forget to make the card bootable before copying the files over. If the card isn't bootable it won't boot ML.

thats why I said run the firmware update again ... it will make the card bootable.

andres

Thanks for all your answers, I did it ! I use de macboot and worked , I could re install ML.
I´m happy, thanks for your help !!