Full moon fakes daylight

Started by Calzoncillos, May 31, 2013, 01:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calzoncillos

Magic Lantern is a rewarding tool for long-term exposure, as it is very finely tuned. Many cameras can expose only 30 seconds, followed by bulb. With Magic Lantern I can set much finer grading.

This photo was taken at 11 p.m. under a full moon in a park.

40sec
ISO 800
f3.5
18mm

thefix

Its always fun when you first start out, just wait until you start taking pictures of landscape with stars in the background. You will really begin to have fun once you get to that point. What model camera are you using?
600D

Calzoncillos

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, longtimeexposure it's a little bit like the "old" way of photographing and wating so long till the picture is "developed".

I used a Canon EOS 500 D (EOS Kiss X3 / EOS Rebel T1i) and a tripod :)

nuklearpuppy

That's a very cool outcome. Would never know it was taken at night, amazing!
My Gear: EOS 550D |  Sigma 10-20mm f5.6  |  Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC OS HSM  |  Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6  |  Canon 50mm f1.8  |  Canon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6  | Cokin Z Pro Filters  |  Giottos Carbon Fibre Tripod.

thefix

Quote from: Calzoncillos on June 02, 2013, 10:49:02 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, longtimeexposure it's a little bit like the "old" way of photographing and wating so long till the picture is "developed".

I used a Canon EOS 500 D (EOS Kiss X3 / EOS Rebel T1i) and a tripod :)

I look forward to seeing more photos soon, we will have some dark nights soon with a new moon so its a great time to escape the light pollution and get some great landscape/star shots.
600D