Blackmagic Cinema DNGs Picture Profile for Canon 5D Mark III?

Started by swinxx, June 07, 2013, 01:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

Hello,

i know that there is no need for a profile when shooting raw, but there must be some specs cause the blackmagic cinema camera raw material looks really quite different.

wouldn´t it be useful to simulate that "flat raw picture style".. ?
have seen some really great material from the bmcc and there are some luts in resolve for getting great color and great contrast with a lot of detail..

greets.

platu

Quote from: swinxx on June 07, 2013, 01:24:53 PM
Hello,

i know that there is no need for a profile when shooting raw, but there must be some specs cause the blackmagic cinema camera raw material looks really quite different.

wouldn´t it be useful to simulate that "flat raw picture style".. ?
have seen some really great material from the bmcc and there are some luts in resolve for getting great color and great contrast with a lot of detail..

greets.

The raw image that get recorded on the canon dslrs is the unprocessed raw data feed coming from the sensor.  It is just intercepted by ML and written straight to the card.  Any additional processing on this feed to create a more log-like look straight to card would require aditional pre-processing which would likely affect write speeds which can barely keep up as it is. Most development seems to be focused on optimizing and stabilizing the existing process to make it rock solid. 

tihon

i make my own camera raw preset, which  make the canon raw image looks like bmcc "film" profile.  And grading provide almost the same result.
Cinema, cinema, cinema

swinxx