5DIII - Silent Picture & Bulb Ramping

Started by Theotter, May 28, 2013, 11:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theotter

Hi, small issue i'm trying to overcome.

I am currently trying to use the bulb ramping feature on the 5D Mark III with the 14 bit silent picture mode, timelapsing without running down my shutter. On their own, both features work fine. But when combined the camera takes one silent DNG, ramps once (testing with Manual Expo Ramp +1.000 Ev/Shot to see results) then displays a "Picture Not Taken :(" error.

Although the error is displayed, the camera does in fact continue to record the DNG's, however it no longer ramps after each image is recorded. Sometimes during a timelapse, most recently 3 images out of 500 (last test) the picture would take successfully without the error and the exposure would ramp again, before returning to the error and not.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Are the two not working in unison at present? Any help would be appreciated.

As a note, I tried this on my 550D, same settings as above and it makes horrendous beeping sounds before and after each DNG is recorded which lead me to posting here before I break either camera.

Thanks

a1ex

Silent pics do not work with bulb ramping (it just doesn't make sense, can't take long exposures in silent mode...)

Theotter

Thanks for the reply. Ahh well, looks like i'll have to continue using the shutter! :)