Previous topic - Next topic

spider

The difference is really huge
LR4
Noise reduction
Luminance 50
Color 25

Udaiveer

Tried RAW n it doesn't work, on 650D, tried small sizes like below 900-500, the data rate (as shown on the ML RAW video menu) was way below 20mbps, like 13mbps, even 7mbps.
All the clips have a PINK DOTS GRID, used RAW2dng (0.14) even Raw magic to pores, all the output have the Pink Dots Grid.
I just read a reply above, that says its the "contrast-focus points" well the grid does resemble the focus points pattern of the T4.
Also severe CROPPING has to be taken into account, when u shooting at smaller frame size.
The kit 18mm lens was like an 80mm! Not kidding.
650D, 400D, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6(x2), EF-70-300mm3.5-5.6. Flash-EX-430.Video Editor, FCP. and After effects.LightRoom,PS. 360 panorama

Haliburton

That's cool, Spider.

When I saw the first few frames, I thought, "what a mess of hot pixels!", but on watching it play, I love the way the clouds move to reveal the starscape.

I really enjoy timelapse film making, and Magic Lantern makes beautiful, raw-quality, full-resolution films possible on even the most basic cameras - without racking up the wear and tear of thousands of mechanical shutter cycles.

Quote from: spider on October 21, 2013, 12:12:15 AM
I made something new, but I should compare the output from LR with and without exifs.
<youtube>

Udaiveer

Quote from: Deni2Br on October 05, 2013, 12:15:53 AM
..I  installed nightly builds on my  t4i...but  I don't see where can I  load the modules for the Raw video...any help will be appreciated...btw  the Alpha builds has the  M - to  load  modules for the Raw Videos.......thanks

In the ML menu (u access it by pressing the Trash button) on the Last menu page,  where it says Load ML modules,  and a couple of items appear at the end of the menu, n the last is "Rec RAW" vid, if the module is loaded then there will b a green light/button-on next to it, else go to the top of the menu n select, Load ML modules now, it will "spin" for a few seconds n the green light next to Rec RAW, now go to the video menu page (within ml menus) n select what size u want to "try-test"
(sorry, not not specifying exact menu items, as I don't have my camera 650D with me right now)
650D, 400D, 18-55mm 3.5-5.6(x2), EF-70-300mm3.5-5.6. Flash-EX-430.Video Editor, FCP. and After effects.LightRoom,PS. 360 panorama

Breckin98

Hey
I'm having some trouble with the raw video for my 650d. When i record a video it looks fine on the camera screen then I go to my computer and convert it to a dng. I will bring it up in after effects and in the middle of the screen there is a pattern of blue dots. Any advice for me?  I also tryed recording in the normal h.264 and there are no dots.

Roger2004

Spider, what exactly do you call digital dolly (your video in the previous page) ?
Because, it has always been possible with a simple picture and some after effects simple movement, but i doubt you're talking about that. Is there a way to move the crop region in movie crop ?
I looked for the wiki's page on that subject but always ended up on the cropmarks help page...Any idea ?

spider

If you activate digital dolly you will be able to move the crop window.

V3-571G

Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but how do i get Magic Lantern to show up in the movie menu? I have downloaded and installed the latest build (The one with the nicer looking menus), but i cannot see an option to enable RAW shooting anywhere.

Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

Press Trashcan button, go to Modules menu, enable RAW_rec module, restart. RAW video will be shown after.

mlrocks

how many frames can be done on t4i, with 1728 wide and aspect ratio of 2.39? the calculation says 41 mb/s. thanks.

Rewind

Quote from: mlrocks on November 11, 2013, 07:32:57 AM
how many frames can be done on t4i, with 1728 wide and aspect ratio of 2.39? the calculation says 41 mb/s. thanks.
175-177 frames at 1728x720 @23.976 fps
Highest write speeds currently are lower than actual SD controller limit. 38.6 – 38.7 MB/s for 650D.

Roger2004

Thanks Spider, too bad it's not working without Raw enabled.
I'll have to dive into ML Raw processing soon.

Letni

hey all
I once tried around a bit, and I noticed that I get a write speed of 39.7 mb / s. Can one confirm?

spider

Yes at 12fps nothing special.

Letni

jimmyD30

Ok, just some additional info for those looking to shoot RAW on their 650D"s

With global draw and all other features turned off, using sandisk extreme 45mb/s formatted exFAT 128kb allocated unit size I'm getting continuous video using 1152x648 @ 23.976 with write speed 29mb/s (I stopped it at 4 mins with 7gb file size and it was still going strong).

Also, experienced continuous video using 1280x720 @ 23 fps with write speed of 35mb/s and no signs of slowing down, but this seemed to be at its limit (not sure if card write speed limit or camera SD write speed limit).

Waiting for sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s cards to arrive and will post results of that soon, which should tell the final story regarding write speed limit for this camera model.

Thanks again to all Dev Team members and forum posters! Without which none of this would be possible :-)

IBIRRU

Dear All,

I hope that you could help me and also I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I want to buy a 650D  for Astrophotography (Sun, Moon and planets) using the 14 bit raw video crop mode capability, substituting the old 8 bit 10 fps 640x480 webcam.

I have a 500D but unfortunately somethings is not working.

My wish could be a 1024x1024 at >24 fps (1024x1024 is the minimum size to get full sun disk with my H-alpha solar telescope at direct focus without barlow lens or eyepiece projection)

I need to know before to buy the 650D (for sure)
1)  if the mlv_play module works (if it's possible to review the raw video stored in the SD card) - in 500D is not working
2) if the liveview is working during raw video recording - in 500D is not working
3) the maximum x_res and y_res and frame rate obtainable (es at 1024x1024 what is the max frame rate? Is it possible get 30 or more fps?) in 500D there is a 508 y_res limit

4) Intervalometer and bulb timer are working? - I use them a lot
5) LCD sensor remote is working? - I use it a lot to substitute the remote shutter

Thanks to all developers for the amazing ML firmware!  :)

4) What are the current issues (what is not working yet) in 650D?

5)
EOS 700D 1.1.5, EOS 500D

mlrocks

You mean 18 mb full resolution timelapse without mechanic shutter wearing. Please confirm, because this is huge.

mlrocks

18 mb full reslution? That is ground breaking.
Quote from: Haliburton on October 31, 2013, 03:32:51 AM
That's cool, Spider.

When I saw the first few frames, I thought, "what a mess of hot pixels!", but on watching it play, I love the way the clouds move to reveal the starscape.

I really enjoy timelapse film making, and Magic Lantern makes beautiful, raw-quality, full-resolution films possible on even the most basic cameras - without racking up the wear and tear of thousands of mechanical shutter cycles.

Quote from: jimmyD30 on November 29, 2013, 02:06:23 AM
Ok, just some additional info for those looking to shoot RAW on their 650D"s

With global draw and all other features turned off, using sandisk extreme 45mb/s formatted exFAT 128kb allocated unit size I'm getting continuous video using 1152x648 @ 23.976 with write speed 29mb/s (I stopped it at 4 mins with 7gb file size and it was still going strong).

Also, experienced continuous video using 1280x720 @ 23 fps with write speed of 35mb/s and no signs of slowing down, but this seemed to be at its limit (not sure if card write speed limit or camera SD write speed limit).

Waiting for sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s cards to arrive and will post results of that soon, which should tell the final story regarding write speed limit for this camera model.

Thanks again to all Dev Team members and forum posters! Without which none of this would be possible :-)

spider

Quote from: mlrocks on December 05, 2013, 06:55:19 PM
You mean 18 mb full resolution timelapse without mechanic shutter wearing. Please confirm, because this is huge.
I dont know what you mean.

jimmyD30

Just an update, still waiting for my fast SD cards to arrive, Amazon says they'll be here by Dec-11, can't wait to see the results, just need to eke out a few more MB/s to get continuous 1280x720p @ 24fps RAW!

IBIRRU, I answer some of your questions below, but I barely know how to do some of the basic things in ML and only on the 650D, so maybe look for additional verification of my answers.

YOU WROTE (in black) - I ANSWERED (in red):
I need to know before to buy the 650D (for sure)
1)  if the mlv_play module works (if it's possible to review the raw video stored in the SD card) - in 500D is not working
Yes, you can preview RAW on the camera, but not at proper frame rate, it plays back slower and of course there will be NO audio, as it doesn't record sound in RAW mode.
2) if the liveview is working during raw video recording - in 500D is not working
Yes, live view works whilst recording in RAW.
3) the maximum x_res and y_res and frame rate obtainable (es at 1024x1024 what is the max frame rate? Is it possible get 30 or more fps?) in 500D there is a 508 y_res limit
1024x1024 for RAW recording is not an option from the preset selections presently available (developers could probably add it, but this is a question for them), either way I don't think you'd get 30fps RAW @ 1024x1024 as the the highest frame rate being captured right now is 24fps @ 1280x720p and only under the best of conditions (fast SD card, all other features turned off, etc.), but you could shoot at slightly lessor settings to get your 30fps and then up-res and crop in post??? Considering its RAW, you'll have the detail to do it and it'll probably still look pretty good, better than H.264 compressed native video output anyway.
4) Intervalometer and bulb timer are working? - I use them a lot
I haven't tried this, but I believe it's working from what I've read in other posts.
5) LCD sensor remote is working? - I use it a lot to substitute the remote shutter
First off, I believe you mean IR (InfraRed) remote sensor, but either way I have no idea, I suggest you search the forums for an answer or post the question separately in a more appropriate thread with a similar topic.

duceduc

How can I get rid of the EV display depicted in red? I've seen a screenshot of someone else's and it doesn't show that.