650D/T4i Raw Video

Started by PeteTomov, May 28, 2013, 12:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacru1

_DK_

@spider: I just select it to create sub folders, for the output jpegs. It then puts each sequence in an individual sub folder.
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

Rewind

Why can't we get the write speeds close to sd controller limit?
With fast sd cards benchmarks are about 41MB/s, which is exactly what you'd expect.
But actual write speeds when recording raw are never goes higher than 37,4 — 37,5 MB/s. Why is that?
Our 6D friends for example says, they achieve speeds around 40 MB/s.

spider

a1ex

Are they still pictures or my flash player went crazy?

spider

spider

Now we can use digital dolly on 650D

spider

I love the chroma smooth.
It makes the image so clear but still detailed and sharp.

Deni2Br

..I  installed nightly builds on my  t4i...but  I don't see where can I  load the modules for the Raw video...any help will be appreciated...btw  the Alpha builds has the  M - to  load  modules for the Raw Videos.......thanks

Deni2Br

...I  can't use the  Alpha builds  cuz  I found a bug    and  there  a  early stop on Video Raw..

Rewind

Quote from: spider on October 04, 2013, 10:36:07 PM
I love the chroma smooth.
It makes the image so clear but still detailed and sharp.

It may be the matter of personal preference, but when you apply chroma smoothing to all the image, you actually... well, smoothing the chroma. The footage looks more like usual h.264, where due to 4:2:0 chroma subsampling the things become similar to what you are doing )

Nice chroma resolution — is one of the main aspects of RAW, which makes it 'filmic'. For me it's obvious:

spider

I don't think so because normally you don't watch Movies at 200%

Rewind

Quote from: spider on October 05, 2013, 12:16:15 PM
I don't think so because normally you don't watch Movies at 200%
It's all about feeling. Tiny color details are one of those magic things what make you believe its filmic.
This stuff is not even arguable for professionals — thats's why they shoot raw )

Why even bother with raw, if you just blur the color info?

_DK_

I am not an expert but for me it didn't affect the sharpness of the video in a noticeable way.

So can anyone tell me whats the "bad" thing about the chroma somooting?
Is it only noticeable if you apply color grading? Or is it something different that makes it "bad"?
EOS 650D, 17-50 2.8, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300mm
Sorry if my English is a little bad as I am not a native speaker

spider

Quote from: _DK_ on October 05, 2013, 08:43:34 PM
So can anyone tell me whats the "bad" thing about the chroma somooting?
Is it only noticeable if you apply color grading? Or is it something different that makes it "bad"?
You lose some chroma detail, but the eye is much more sensitive for luma.
Also only the blue and red chennels are filtered but the eyes most importent color is green.

And the most importent thing is: DVD, Blu-Ray, mostly h.264... all of them use chroma subsampling.
At first you have to find a way to deliver 4:4:4

LeighCheri

Hi everyone,

First time posting here, I apologise if my question has been answered elsewhere, but after an hour and more searching I couldnt find anything quite like it...

So, I have installed the most recent version of ML (from the 19th of Sep) on my 650D. The raw module is on. I have tried to record under several different settings (I tried almost all resolutions, keeping frames at 24 per second), but the result is always the same. Once I decompress the raw files using MagicRAW, I get .dmg files that are entirely magenta. Im not talking about a hue, but totally magenta, you can barely see what the subject was. Like a thick wall of colour. And all of them are like this.

Has anyone got this before? any ideas or links on what to do?

(Im sorry for the lack of apostrophes, Im writing from Peru and cant find most of the punctuation on this keyboard. Also, for the same reason, I will only be able to check the internet once a week, so if I dont reply immediately its not because I dont appreciate your help!)

Thank you very much in advance!

Walter Schulz

The most recent version was built 2013-10-08 02:55:09. 10 = October.
Top of page -> Downloads -> Nightly builds
Install, test, report.

Ciao
Walter

Letni

Hey all,

i noticed that the eos 650D recording continuously at 1280x720 @23.973p !? Could it be right?

Nightly build Date: 2013-10-07 02:55:09 +0200

spider

Oh really? I am so surprised.

Letni

Ok,
I have to apologize
the recording ends after 1:58 minutes, 2823 frames and 4289 MB of memory.

Idle jumps from minute 1:30 to 1:53 from 45ms to 603ms.

spider

Letni

It´s done  ;)

19002 frames 28,5GB 13:05 Minutes of Raw Video @ 1280x720p 23,973 fps

Letni

Hey all,

do you think 23 fps are enough to film fireworks in raw?

davidtlong

Questions

Hi all,

Just found this forum group.  Have some questions

1.  When I set FPS override to 23.976 what i get is 23.973 <-- is this normal? My answer from what I see here would be yes correct?

2.  in 720P mode it takes over 1000 frames to get to a write rate that is continuous (around 36.6 ish) <-- is this normal?  using extreme 45 mbs.

3.  my shoot_malloc is 30 mb but my shoot total is 95 mb.  I saw that others have talked about the shoot_malloc being 95 mb.  <-- So were they really talking total and not malloc?

Thanks

dave

spider

I made something new, but I should compare the output from LR with and without exifs.