Canon 1DX Factory Menu

Started by marcf, March 07, 2024, 07:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcf

Hello,

I have recently bought a used Canon 1DX which has only 6000 clicks and which is in as new condition. Unfortunately, it seems that the camera is in Factory Mode. When I turn it on and press the menu button, it always jumps on the "Factory Menu" item. Also, the Firmware showed as 8.8.1 even though the latest release on the Canon website is only 2.1.1. I tried to update to 2.1.1. which was successful, and now it shows a firmware version status of 8.8.4 but it still seems stuck in Factory Mode. Also, the AF does not work at all (before and after firmware update), which renders the camera unusable.

I found the following link, in which the Factory Mode is also addressed.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20507.0

There seem to be ways to change to Normal mode (only with special software, or also without?), but is it possible that the AF issue I am encountering is also linked to this factory mode?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Marc

Walter Schulz

Tornado EOS (non-free version) can switch from/to Factory Mode.

Not sure about AF issue. Don't know if it may stuck somewhere during calibration. Just a guess.
Maybe contact Tornado EOS dev.

kitor

8.8.1 / 8.8.4 is internal firmware version.

We can't help with 1 series as we don't touch those. As written above, Tornado EOS will likely help you.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.