[WONTFIX] Flashing blue light - option to switch off?

Started by reubenwu, August 17, 2013, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reubenwu

It's not a feature, but I'd like to be able to switch off the flashing blue live view button.

When I'm trying to frame a shot under starlight, the bright flashes interfere with my night vision, so close to the viewfinder.

Shooting on 5D2.

xNiNELiVES

I actually have this exact same problem while stargazing. I believe in the movie section there is a subsection called movie tweaks. In this menu there are options for the blue light.

SpcCb

Indeed, it will be very fine if we could totally deactivate the flashing blue LED, very bright so not good for our eyes.
By the option in record mode (set to use sound for example) it always flashing, even in photo mode.

(I put a small piece of black gaffer on the blue LED)

a1ex

xNiNELiVES

Not to be a pain, but upon searching the ML 2.3 FAQ with an in browser text search, nothing relevant to this topic appeared using the words: blue and LED.

a1ex

Hm, somebody needs to update the website. In the one from bitbucket, it reads:

Why is the LED blinking every 5 seconds?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have forgotten your camera on... with the main display off.

This is also an indication that it will drain the battery faster than with Canon firmware. Press any button to ignore it for 30 seconds.

Doyle4

i swear iv seen an option in ML to disable this? iv had it turned off  before then re put it back..

SpcCb

Quote from: Doyle4 on August 27, 2013, 09:33:14 AM
i swear iv seen an option in ML to disable this? iv had it turned off  before then re put it back..
I thought I'd dreamed too.. Maybe it was in an old ML release (2012?).

But actually there's no option to totally disable the bright blue blinking LED in last releases.