5d3 RAW compiled and simple Macosx files and workflow

Started by GR Productions, May 26, 2013, 11:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GR Productions

Can anyone share a solid cool simple ready to place on the CF card to go file lol

Sorry i aint getting it, i set my ML up backdating to v1.1.3 which stinks since i have a lilluput LCD and dont have the cool dual screen function and i put the ML files on the cam, worked, but no RAW VIDEO

i know i am going to sound like a vampire but can anyone please please just share a compiled file to get raw going for the 5d3 with out a  dozen links, just one ready to go, would be so cool i am ready to donate again

squig

There is no easy single download, these are test builds not public betas. http://www.cinema5d.com/news/?p=17898 If you want "simple" raw is probably not for you.

GR Productions

what you mean by simple raw?,

i understood that raw only records at 10 secs for the moment on a 5d3, and anything beyond that was beta, i want any raw to test it lol, im a mac user so programing is beyond me,

Please if you can compile one file that works in your opinion do share, thanks

wintix

how about try reading his post? all the information needed is there.

GR Productions

Quote from: wintix on May 27, 2013, 06:49:57 AM
how about try reading his post? all the information needed is there.
i did ,  its some of  he links to pages  that leave me confused,

for example he says
Quote5. From the Magic Lantern package copy the 5D3-113-bootflag.fir file to the root folder
___of the SD card.
6. Place the SD card in your camera, switch it on and go to the firmware update in the
___camera menu. Do the update which will "turn" your camera's bootflag. Whatever that
___means.
7. The camera now loads weird overlays, wait until it's finished. Switch the camera off.
whatever that means?
ok now it asks me to remove the battery  because no update can be found, maybe i should copy all the ML files with the bootflag no?

so that worked, i used the alpha 3, and from the 1905 ML package the bootflag, then removed it, then tried to macboot.app and prepared the card like it said, put the card back into the camera and  still no M menu on the far right to load movie modules when i use ML on he camera

im on a mac 10.7.5

this whole process is a mess on my set up, seems like PC users are the only successful ones

squig

Quote from: GR Productions on May 27, 2013, 04:39:40 AM
what you mean by simple raw?,

I mean at this point there is no simple one downloadable file option for public consumption. Raw recording on the MK3 has only been in existence for just over 2 weeks? I've been so busy testing I've lost track of time! :o Lots of things aren't working well yet (like audio integration) and there's no guarantees that they will work. New test builds are coming out daily and a lot of them are broken. The post workflow is even more trouble and that's what I'm trying to focus on fixing now. The cinema5D steps work, just double or triple check you've filled every step correctly. Better to use a CF card, SD cards are too slow.

I'm on a mac too, it does work now.

if there's some confusion or issues with the cinema5D steps please contact Seb or Johnnie @ cinema5D, I'm sure you'll agree my time is better spent getting the raw post workflow working for everyone instead of user hand holding (that's not meant as an insult, that's what it's called in the I.T. industry).

I know your pain, I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. No pain no gain.

Stedda

If you want simple wait for a BETA.

If you can't manage to get it installed with the dozens of tutorials and detailed instructions posted online you probably shouldn't mess with it.

Most of these new features have no instructions at this point and they require you to do your own reading and research to use them.

I agree with the above members hand holding comment.
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

GR Productions

Quote from: squig on May 27, 2013, 08:20:42 AM. Better to use a CF card, SD cards are too slow.

I'm on a mac too, it does work now.

not sure if its a SD card or CF card, i only used the SD card because i dont want or have a CF reader, i normally use a USB cable for the CF transfers, are you saying i have to use a CF card?

thanks

squig

An SD will work but only at a reduced resolution or frame rate. Same goes for slower CF cards.

Habitat

Quote from: GR Productions on May 27, 2013, 10:45:19 AM
not sure if its a SD card or CF card, i only used the SD card because i dont want or have a CF reader, i normally use a USB cable for the CF transfers, are you saying i have to use a CF card?

thanks

I think you better wait until a public release is made.

GR Productions

thats a drag, i wanted to do a review of it for several schools and a TV station in france

Stedda

Quote from: GR Productions on May 27, 2013, 01:30:19 PM
thats a drag, i wanted to do a review of it for several schools and a TV station in france

:o

???
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

GR Productions

i am not sure why all the nightly builds, instructions and other RAW folder packages posted here on the ML forums do not work, only Alpha 3 for the 5d3 worked.

I came to this conclusion because several people posted their ready ML folders for recording RAW, and every one of them has worked, i just cant get the CF card to record, it only records raw for a few seconds on the SD card and i dont have a cf card reader to copy the ML folder.

anyway here is one https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fejs6aclfqqpeflk%2FML%25205D.zip&session_token=lBHdVkvk_fwRZy6wuQyemiLy6GN8MTM3MDQ1NTc1OUAxMzcwMzY5MzU5
youtube video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pn5Q6wNMY