LCD Viewfinder solution for 50d/600d

Started by Andy600, May 26, 2013, 03:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy600

I have a 600d and an LCDVF v.3 and rather than buy a new one for my 50d I've found a simple solution (possibly) to fit it to both cameras.

The LCDVF has a frame that mounts on the tripod mount under the camera. This is not a problem for the 600d but the 50d has buttons under the LCD and would be covered by the frame. The 50d's LCD is also in a different place on the body so the frame is not useable anyway but using one of these (with a little physical hacking and probably some Velcro) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-LCD-Screen-Hood-Protection-Shield-Sun-Shade-Canon-EOS-50D-Camera-/120901751840 you can mount the LCDVF on either camera without damaging the viewfinder or frame mount.

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

arrinkiiii

goldenchild9to5

Andy600

An essential and inexpensive bit of kit for focusing. The LCDVF Magnifies the LCD 3x ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

deleted.account

There's another version of the LCDV3, the V2 which comes with a metal frame that sticks on with double sided sticky tape, available through amazon: http://www.amazon.com/CowboyStudio-CA0602-Viewfinder-Digital-Cameras/dp/B005EM6G7U/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369942550&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=lcdvr

Been using one for years now with sticky taped frame over a clear LCD screen protector, frames never become detached. :-) Not liked the screw on bracket version because of quick release plate I use.

Used a Hoodman loupe before that, biggest waste of cash ever, horrible thing, feels like tunnel vision, no magnification, the diopter idea might be great if someone needs spectacles but having to focus the diopter to get the LCD screen in focus and then focus the lens is just a PITA, move your eye a little left or right in the eye piece and the diopter focus changes and you get CA and a $18 dollar elastic band to hold it on meh!