[WONTFIX] Password protection ?

Started by bond4ufriends, May 26, 2013, 07:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bond4ufriends

Is it possible to do something so that no one can operate the cam
550D

I read In sum article the high end models like 7D . Hav a QR reading function ! Is it true ?

Is it possible when you turn on the cam you need to scan a QR code or password ?
Plz it wud really help full !

Marsu42

Quote from: bond4ufriends on May 26, 2013, 07:39:32 AM
I read In sum article the high end models like 7D . Hav a QR reading function ! Is it true ?

Sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, there is a special 7d version with qr lockout mode, no afaik you cannot just enable it on other cameras, yes, it would be possible to implement some password protection via ml but it'd be easy to circumvent because you'd just need to boot the camera w/o ml to disable it.

bond4ufriends

Yes I know that !
Simply booting without ml wud do the the trick but still !!

Are u a programmer coz I've got a book from friend and started learning C "Let Us C"
I might take ages to do it so can u ? Or someone else perhaps !

1%

Tried to enable this on 600D/6D.. 6D I got locked down but no option to enter/customize password. Dialogs didn't come up.. I think there is a specific way to get them to show in the wikia.... unfortunately I couldn't get anything usable out of it.

scrax

Quote from: 1% on May 26, 2013, 11:07:20 PM
Tried to enable this on 600D/6D.. 6D I got locked down but no option to enter/customize password. Dialogs didn't come up.. I think there is a specific way to get them to show in the wikia.... unfortunately I couldn't get anything usable out of it.
when locken ML works?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

bond4ufriends

How can show me how to ?
P.s BTW I'm  beginner but hav been using ml since 8months

Audionut

bond4ufriends, please be careful of your tone.

We are all here on our free time and do not get paid to provide assistance.

bond4ufriends

coutts

If you block gui task then no buttons can be used, so should keep camera locked until you enter some kind of password.

bond4ufriends

Some canon point shoot had password protection  !