Forum suggestion.. Marketplace

Started by Andy600, May 25, 2013, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy600

I think it would be useful to have a marketplace board on the forum for ML users to buy and sell their used camera gear and post any bargains they spot locally or online.

It would be useful to (at least) have it broken down geographically by continent as, for instance, buying and selling in Europe incurs no import charges. Most people tend to buy on eBay if they buy internationally but eBay ads could also be encompassed. Actual selling can be through eBay, Craigslist, Escrow etc to protect buyers and sellers but with the ML board now over 21k strong it would be a great place to find buyers for your old, used or unwanted gear.

A lot of other forums incorporate such a feature and it proves successful as long as it is not abused by outsiders. It can also be useful for generating interest in certain products in order to get 'group buy' rates. A good example is the Komputerbay CF cards that everyone is scrambling to buy. If enough interest were registered I'm sure we could negotiate even better deals for ML users.

What do you guys think?

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Andy600

So no interest in this? I thought it was a good idea personally  ???
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Francis

There are enough places to buy and sell used gear on the web already. It's one thing if this was a board for a niche market but we're all using popular cameras that have tons of lenses and accessories available for them. This isn't the Large Format Photography Forum.

Plus the first time someone gets burned, the mods and admin would never hear the end of it and would have to police it constantly.