Another raw_rec.mo for 5D2 - bypass 4GB, selecting, deleting, playing

Started by pravdomil, May 24, 2013, 10:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

I don't want cutting of gb tho and having to merge files. That's an additional step for me and 5-10, etc gb files are fine.

pacman829

though i'd post this here as well since i was using this build:

Also, just ran into another bug while trying to record raw with an external (Ikan VL5) Monitor hooked up to the 5d

The screenshot didnt capture the footage from liveview, but as you can see , the raw cropmarks/overlay is off to one side (panning is turned off) and when i try to play back the raw it doesnt work either  and freezes/crashes:

When i disconnect the monitor and try to play back the footage all i get is raw "white noise"

5mkII User

pacman829

Anyone here get the dngs to work with premiere pro ?

I can use them fine in after effects , but they dont come up in premiere
5mkII User

xNiNELiVES

Is anyone here using SD cards? I'm stuck with them with my 6D :'(. So angry...

saint33d

Well seeing as this is a thread for 5d2 and 5d2 only have cf ports, ima go with no :P

nannini

Thanks for this build. I have tried it with my 5D2 and discovered that the movie files separation into 3.7GB chunks is not working. Could someone give me a hint please where to look at to get it working?
Would be nice to have the feature of unlimited recording.

Thanks

JackDaniel412

2 days test of last raw_rec.mo, work really well!
Unlimited recording work and totalcmd is a useful app!

Great job!

sebble

N/A

7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Oedipax

Quote from: Hazer on May 25, 2013, 02:17:16 AMRaw2dng said "this ain't no lv_rec".  These two methods will typically both work on binary files.  How do the spanned clips need to be joined?

Interesting - using cat in terminal is working for me (I've done it on 4 different clips now). Only tried it on recordings spanning two files so far, so I can't confirm it still works once you get to 3+ but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Terminal command is super simple: "cat raw1.RAW raw1.R00 > raw1-combined.RAW" (for example). raw2dng understands and decodes the output fine for me on OSX 10.8.3.

Deleting files is working as well. And I love both the joystick press to record and especially the auto-liveview disable upon recording (and black crop for unused image area). Awesome work.

squig

Hazer

Quote from: Oedipax on May 27, 2013, 01:10:34 AM
Terminal command is super simple: "cat raw1.RAW raw1.R00 > raw1-combined.RAW" (for example). raw2dng understands and decodes the output fine for me on OSX 10.8.3.

Huh.  You know what, I'm still using an older, command-line build of raw2dng and I bet that's the problem with the larger files.  I need command line because I have it running as part of a one-click script that batches a whole card to .MOV via RawTherapee, while offloading all the files to second drive.

Has anyone compiled a more recent version for OS X that handles 4GB+ files?

Thanks!

saint33d

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5508.0 is the osx version
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0 Win/osx/linux version

from the tweet

Magic Lantern ‏@autoexec_bin 21 May
raw2dng now works with files larger than 4GB!

Hazer

On another note, now that I've had a full day to do some actual shooting with this module, I'm seeing serious frame skipping.  This is with the build from the 24th.  I haven't stepped through frame by frame, but it almost looks like one frame every second, at regular intervals.  I shot a batch of stuff yesterday which is totally unusable because of this.  Is anyone else noticing this?

I have frame skipping set to "off", so recording should simply stop if the card can't keep up.  However I'm still seeing solid write speeds in the 65-66MB/sec range, so that shouldn't be happening, and recording is definitely not stopping prematurely.  In fact, the buffer is pegged at one star most of the time at 1720x960, which is great.

One thing I'm noticing is that Live View does not disable during recording.  When not recording, the live view framing rect is an overlay but does not matte out the external portion of the screen.  When I hit record, the external portion is then matted out, but Live View continues to update inside the rect.  Is this the intended behavior?

Edit:  Never mind!  ffmpeg issue.  Frame rate must be specified before the other parameters, otherwise it assumes 25p and drops frames to fit whatever rate you specify downstream.

Carry on...

a1ex

Quote from: pravdomil on May 26, 2013, 01:11:37 AM
Could you merge it to official trunk?

I'm trying to port the file splitting part in a portable way: if the filesystem can record more than 4GB, don't split, otherwise split.

Also, the 5D2 handles long file names, but most other cameras don't.

I don't see much point in merging the other tweaks right now, sorry.

Africashot

For some reason I can't get the black overlays to work, what could I be doing wrong?
ML 5D2 & T3i

1%

I have the deleting merged... it is good. File splitting I don't need. Bars were a nice idea but didn't work in practice. Also had another fix applied for 720P zoom.. I think only 720P non zoom squeezes.

1%

That will be the ultimate solution. Wonder if .422 should make a comeback...

there is an lv_save_sndpas... if the wonder what size that is (hd buffer or raw sized)

mageye

Having used the cat command from terminal (OSX 10.8.3) to combine two files I then proceed to drop that file into raw2dng GUI ver.0.10

and get:

File Supported
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

This makes me sad :'(

EDIT: Oh interesting I replaced the new raw2dng GUI ver.0.10 with raw2dng GUI ver.0.5 and now its converting. I wonder what goes on there?

HAPPY AGAIN. YAY! :D
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

ch_d

Getting strange "green" spots with this / latest version...

This is a 100% crop from a 1600x900 video.
5DMII + Transcent 1000x 16GB
5D MII

joshmonie

Hi Guys,

I just want to get it out there that I'm a total newb before I go any further.

Ok, I'm needing some help on installing this all on my 5D2. As far as I'm aware, I download the current stable ML which is v2.3, unzip it and take just the 5D2-212.fir onto the root of my CF. Where do I find the autoexec.bin and ML folder? Can I just use the autoexec.bin and ML folder from a previous build and copy/paste the raw_rec.mo file into where it should be?

I was going to try this but was worried I'd brick the camera so thought I'd get some expert advice first!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

pacman829

I'm curious to know of any updates, mostly for the playback frame skipping :D
5mkII User

scrax

Quote from: mageye on May 29, 2013, 04:05:03 PM
Having used the cat command from terminal (OSX 10.8.3) to combine two files I then proceed to drop that file into raw2dng GUI ver.0.10

and get:

File Supported
Error: This ain't a lv_rec RAW file

This makes me sad :'(

EDIT: Oh interesting I replaced the new raw2dng GUI ver.0.10 with raw2dng GUI ver.0.5 and now its converting. I wonder what goes on there?

HAPPY AGAIN. YAY! :D
can you try with 0.9 please? 0.5 has a different raw2dng executable, if that is better will consider reuse it in next versions
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-