60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mm

Hello everyone,

A few questions;

> Is it possible to upgrade the 60D SD card slot hardware to a faster one? If so, how much will it cost?
> I don't care for the 16:9 aspect ratio; would it be possible to have a width between 960 and 1152? for example 1020, 1080 or 1100? I would prefer to work with wider aspect ratio's, but a ratio of 2.67 with a width 1152 is too wide for my taste.

Cheers,

- mm

Paddi

Thanks to the new nightly build from yesterday, the 60D that i have now lets me record VBR QScale at -16 without stopping! A Visibly Cleaner image! But don't hope for any added sharpening  to your shots.
I'm really happy! LMFAO

Paddi

Im also getting some higher record times on the RAW video, continuous recording at 960x540, which is good!
But is it possible in the future that it can go higher with y'alls expertise? lol

3rdwave

Quote from: Paddi on October 28, 2013, 12:12:05 AM
Thanks to the new nightly build from yesterday, the 60D that i have now lets me record VBR QScale at -16 without stopping! A Visibly Cleaner image! But don't hope for any added sharpening  to your shots.
I'm really happy! LMFAO
Have you had any luck using Global Draw without getting the messed up pixels?

Paddi

@3rdwave
I followed the instructions on pg 41 of the forum and it said with Global Draw off one can get more frames and thats what i have been doing, the footage looks rather good to me. Also with global draw off on all modes, try lowering ur image quality from canon menu to S2 or lower to get better results.

3rdwave

I think I was able to use focus peaking last night.
I'll post my findings tonight.

Paddi

Quote from: 3rdwave on October 29, 2013, 04:40:12 PM
I think I was able to use focus peaking last night.
I'll post my findings tonight.

Yeah I was going to shoot my short film entirely in RAW but looking at the resolutions and recording times.....i think i'll just stick to VBR -16 Scale h.264 encoding lol

PaulC

Here's a very quick RAW video test. I used the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 for the first shot and the 'nifty fifty' for the other shots.

Shot at 1726x736, DNG's edited in ACR and the rest done in Premiere Pro CC.

Not perfect but I'm fairly happy with the outcome!

https://vimeo.com/78428435
Canon EOS 60D - (Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, Helios 44M 58mm f/2)

Can

Quote from: PaulC on November 02, 2013, 09:42:03 PM
Here's a very quick RAW video test. I used the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 for the first shot and the 'nifty fifty' for the other shots.

Shot at 1726x736, DNG's edited in ACR and the rest done in Premiere Pro CC.

Not perfect but I'm fairly happy with the outcome!

https://vimeo.com/78428435

Damn that's nice.

farigiovanni

hi there, I'm trying to get the raw video on my 60d but for some reason it gives me a error after a few second. I saw other people experiencing the same issue but I can't find the solution, I think is my installation wrong but not sure, magic lantern on itself it's ok. I'm not sure if I have to install the 2.3 or the nightly builds. P.S I red that I should turn on LV_AF_Raw but It doesn't seem to show up any-where. I hope some body can give me a input. thanks

marekk

Hi everyone.. If you would like to use all latest features and fixes pls use latest nightly builds. All modules work on 60D so there is no need to prepare special builds for 60D.

alejandrotero

Hello everybody. Im thinking on trying this on my 60D, but first I would like to know form you users, how is it actually working on thsi camera? Can somebody share its experience or maybe a video to watch some results?

Thanx in advance!

larrycafe

hi marekk, do you means we can download it from the nightly build and then select the "60D.111" to download?

or select the "unified"?

atideno

Hi guys,

thank you so much for all your support!!! I've taken your hard work and did some hard work myself.
My first video with the 60D in raw:

Don't think its 1080 on default.

Dennis

sarotaz

hi guys. With last night build my camera reaches 63 °C (marked in red in the top-middle).

It's normal?

ghosts

hey guys :) sorry to ask this, but where is this last night build you keep talking abou? :)
thanks!

painya

Quote from: ghosts on November 05, 2013, 10:09:53 PM
hey guys :) sorry to ask this, but where is this last night build you keep talking abou? :)
thanks!
Top of the page > Downloads > scroll down > Nightly builds > select 60d
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

metalprince

i have a 60D too.i ve already installed ML latest version.
But i dont have any tab or menu name "m" "load modules" or something like that! I cant load this thing please help.

Paddi

Quote from: metalprince on November 07, 2013, 06:51:53 PM
i have a 60D too.i ve already installed ML latest version.
But i dont have any tab or menu name "m" "load modules" or something like that! I cant load this thing please help.
have you installed the nightly build or just the ML Stable version 2.3?

CharlieA56

Easily reaching high temperatures... !!! (around 64ºC)  :-[

Last build I had was from early October and no temp issues with that one... just today I decide to install a new one to check it out and, beautiful... but a lot of overheating and 3 times it has crashed with an ERROR 70...

Just wanted to report that...
I'm going back to that early October build for the moment !

Thanx for the effort !
Canon 6D, Canon 60D, Canon T2i & Canon T1i

1%

If you're getting high temps, turn off some overlays. Everything that draws and uses CPU hard, esp raw indicators will drive your temperature up.... just try recording with display filter full color raw preview :)

sarotaz

high temp for me too  :( with stable release or october night build i've no problem (global draw ON with histogram only)

sammyb

Same here, getting really high temps upwards of 55ºC.

Running a 5D MK3 (obviously not a 60D but I figured I'd put it here)

mikebotros

Hey guys. I'm was using the latest build as of 11/11/13, and did some raw tests on my 60D. my memory card wasn't fast enough to record as the highest continuous resolution resolution, so i was recording at 864 x 362. As you can see in this sample footage there are a lot of those color dots. Anybody know what's causing those and how to get rid of them? As I was skimming through I saw suggestions to turn off global draw, which I did, but they still show up on every shot i tried. I really like the look of the raw, even at the low resolution but those dots are killing me!

Xander

Quote from: mikebotros on November 12, 2013, 09:26:24 PM
Hey guys. I'm was using the latest build as of 11/11/13, and did some raw tests on my 60D. my memory card wasn't fast enough to record as the highest continuous resolution resolution, so i was recording at 864 x 362. As you can see in this sample footage there are a lot of those color dots. Anybody know what's causing those and how to get rid of them? As I was skimming through I saw suggestions to turn off global draw, which I did, but they still show up on every shot i tried. I really like the look of the raw, even at the low resolution but those dots are killing me!

I'm having this one also on my camera, I also get these dots (in higher resolution these dots have a red glow around them) anyone knows what this can be? Can anyone confirm that this also appear on previous nightly builds?

EDIT:
These dots doesn't seem to appear on the dng files. Meaby they appear because of the high iso value while recording?