60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riechard

DUAL ISO 60D
Report:
Generating a dual ISO CR2 succeeded.
Postprocessing with cr2hdr completed, but with the high ISO lines apparently removed resulting in a dark image.

kermitt

Hi,
I'm just testing rawmagic and rawtodng. I always have dead pixels in davinci resolve !
Anyone solved this problem ?
I have the last nightly build of magic lantern...
Please help !

payne

Question: How is dual ISO working on the 60D and now other 4 channel readout models? Don't get me wrong, I'm THRILLED. I just can't find any clear description on the dual iso thread. I see people talking about magically finding more registers?

There is no end to my amazement with the turns magic lantern has taken in the last several months. I am SO SO SO happy I chose to get an EOS camera now.

Sincerely, Confused in LA

3rdwave

Having issues converting.
When I convert the raw file from the 60D, it's just blue. See attached image.

Any reason why this is happening?

larrycafe

Quote from: 3rdwave on September 04, 2013, 05:39:52 AM

have you use cr2hdr.exe to process it?

3rdwave

larrycafe

Quote from: 3rdwave on September 04, 2013, 06:58:49 AM
used RAWMagic for Mac

not sure about Mac, you might need to check this link, the first post is showing some information for processing in Mac
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0

ersan

Quote from: marekk on May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM
Hi all 60D users :)

1. please download this zip file.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-HdscXfsKpgY1J4b1MyLUxzMFU/edit?usp=sharing
2. put autoexec.bin on your sd card and modules directory in ML folded on sd card.
3. start 60D
4. go to ML
5. go to M tab
6. run "load modules now"
7. go to movie tab
8. enable "raw video"
9. have fun :)

I wan wondering which one is the M tab in the magic lantern menu. I am fairly new to using ML.

iamoui

Quote from: kermitt on September 03, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
Hi,
I'm just testing rawmagic and rawtodng. I always have dead pixels in davinci resolve !
Anyone solved this problem ?
I have the last nightly build of magic lantern...
Please help !

Only Adobe Camera Raw will get rid of dead/hot/stuck pixels. Though it is not optimal, turn ON lv_af_raw before recording if you're not using ACR for post-processing.

v8rrc

Quote from: ersan on September 04, 2013, 09:15:19 AM
I wan wondering which one is the M tab in the magic lantern menu. I am fairly new to using ML.

M = Modules

kermitt

Quote from: iamoui on September 04, 2013, 09:36:34 PM
Only Adobe Camera Raw will get rid of dead/hot/stuck pixels. Though it is not optimal, turn ON lv_af_raw before recording if you're not using ACR for post-processing.
Thanks for the answer.
I tried with lv-af-raw on option but it's alwas the same : Dead pixels in resolve ?
Any other solution for this ?

a1ex

Forget lv_af_raw and grab a median filter from the dual ISO tools to fix the bad pixels.

iamoui

Quote from: a1ex on September 05, 2013, 02:06:34 PM
Forget lv_af_raw and grab a median filter from the dual ISO tools to fix the bad pixels.

a1ex, any chance you could elaborate a little further?

a1ex

Yes, you need some very basic C and copy/paste skills.

If that describes you, give it a try. You already know where the hot pixels are, you only need to fix them.

Abstrak

Quote from: 3rdwave on September 04, 2013, 05:39:52 AM

That is a display issue you have to google I forget how to change it but if you have lightroom there are settings you have to change for the preview files to lose the blue tint. If you actually open that file it wont be blue.

3o

I was hopping someone can help me. I see other people having success with RAW video in 60D but I still cant make it work. Problem is I don't see the "M" ta. All I see is this http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/_media/04.movie.png and nowhere the option to turn it on. any ideas why ?

My installation is Stable Release: v2.3 on Canon 60D

maxotics

Under modules, in ML, is rec_raw, or whatever it's called, loaded? Should see green dot next to it and OK.  If it isn't loaded, load it and then the RAW menus should work.  Also, you need an alpha, unsupported version of ML.  Not the stable one you get from the master site.  The builds are found in the forum.

Pointblaster

Shot this short little video yesterday with the RAW module

Shot in 1600x680 (2,35 ratio) both in normal and crop mode.

I've used the latest build and i think i screwed something up cuse i got a lot of hot pixels on the latest build (used a brand new sandisk 32gb 95mb/s card for this shoot, but no hot pixels on my 8gb sandisk 95mb/s card when i tried the build a couple of days ago) but ACR took care of it, except for one pixel that appears in some clips (you will se it in the video)

Thanks for this amazing module, i really love the result of 14-bit RAW!

sarotaz

just released beta version of davinci resolve 10. But no badpixel opcode support. The badpixel problem still exist and no chance to change workflow from ACR to resolve.  :(

UPDATE

no more pink highlight with resolve 10 beta. This is a good news. But with lv_af active, too much artifacts and with lv_af off...bad pixels.
Is there some c programmer able to remove this last (but very annoying) issue? I'm sure that A1ex can explain to him a possible solution.

Flocksock

@Pointblaster: ... and how many seconds/frame could you record?

PaulC

I'm quite a novice with all this stuff. So, I was wondering how to actually install this onto my camera.

Do I just do a low-level format of the card with my 60D, copy these files to the SD card and install like the standard ML version?

Thanks.

Quote from: marekk on September 01, 2013, 05:11:18 PM
ok, here is a fresh build of ML for 60D with all previous raw_rec additional features like lv_af_raw, black_bars, global draw on/of, autoexpo module and DUAL ISO :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jiq5wuzwp6igyi/ml60d_01_09_2013.zip

Canon EOS 60D - (Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, Helios 44M 58mm f/2)

Pointblaster

@Flocksock about 8 secounds, 180-190 frames

CookingBen

Hi,

I have used Update #11 this weekend and the camera crashed regularely. I've uploaded all the updates for your review. Installation was some weeks old. Didn't checked for a new update. Maybe the error got fixed already in #12.
http://www.cooking-ninjas.de/content/ml_11_logs.zip

Best wishes
Ben

a1ex

Sounds like a buffer overflow (ML code overwriting Canon data structures). How to reproduce?

CookingBen

Quote from: a1ex on September 16, 2013, 12:00:59 PM
How to reproduce?

I'm afraid I can't tell exactly ...
I used a SanDisk Extreme SDHC Class 10 Card (45 Mbit/s). It often occured when i woke up the camera and wanted to start to film. Camera was set to live view all the time.
So like: Camera on, doing films, camera enter sleep mode, camera woke up, camera should film but crashed instead. But not regularly. Often after the camera was powered on for some time. But sometimes even after booting up the camera. But never came a crash twice after another. Camera always worked after removing the battery.

Hope this helped a little bit for reproducing the problem.