60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garevg

Hello all , the SD card (Adata SDXC 64GB UHS1 exFAT) normally shoots video without an insertion.  In attempt to establish the ML camera writes: "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again. " And after that hangs tightly. It is necessary to take out the accumulator. Other cards (32GB silicone, transcend) normally stitched ML. I remove both usual video, and RAW. Everything turned out, and from new Adata it is impossible. Where is the problem?

raffal92

Yes 8s 2.35:1  1728 X 736 NO AUDIO RECORDING.... i'm trying to find the best workflow....

Burni_

Quote from: larrycafe on August 21, 2013, 10:55:26 AM
From the youtube description, it is 1728 X 736 (2.35:1)

Oh.... correct. I saw 1728 and I just went to think it's 16:9 :D My bad

Although - I found which build he used and with that one I'm getting 5.2 secs in 24fps instead of the 4.3 which is still an improvement. Not sure how it came to be.

raffal92

Quote from: Bioskop.Inc on August 20, 2013, 10:24:05 AM
Use this build by Marekk & in the RAW sub-menu turn on LV_AF_RAW - it does get rid of them, but is not ideal.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-HdscXfsKpgbTJiT18tcS1ldjA/edit?usp=sharing

However, you can get rid of them if you use Photoshop's raw converter & there are other Free programs out there like RPP or RAWTherapee that can do this too.

Im using this build to avoid bad pixels, but i lost autoramp on intervallometer sub menu is ther a way to get this function?
Another question: is possible to shoot raw crop mode on 60d?

iamoui

Quote from: raffal92 on August 21, 2013, 06:06:18 PM
Another question: is possible to shoot raw crop mode on 60d?
Quote from: iamoui on August 07, 2013, 05:28:35 PM
So i tried out shooting in the 5X crop at 2240x954 and 2240x1080. Every other time i've tried to record raw in 5X crop the live view screen would be grayscale and laggy. I would hit record and the live view would freeze. After checking the footage, the frames would be all messed up.

Yesterday, however, I was able to record in 5X mode using Marekk's v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul27.60D111. Once I hit record the live view didn't freeze and I was able to view what I was filming. Looking back at the footage, apparently it didn't record with a 5X crop, but at the actual 28mm (that's the lens I was using). However, the live view screen was in 5x. Now, concerning the footage, I guess when recording in 5X the raw data is taken from a sensor crop and not line skipping? There's usually a lot of aliasing in fine details but there doesn't seem to be any here?.. Also a lot of pink frames..

RAWMagic -> Resolve -> Hooks LUT for one and TealOrange LUT (http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?4929-NEW-Lut-TealOrange) for the other -> other minor adjustments -> 1920x1080 ProRes 422 HQ

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9bV9eF2RQTOTkY0ZGlmQUJLNEU/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9bV9eF2RQTOaWZCZmtlTDFVVmM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm assuming because of the limited buffer speed, etc. this won't ever be 100% reliable?

TVIC

Quote from: Garevg on August 21, 2013, 11:32:43 AM
Hello all , the SD card (Adata SDXC 64GB UHS1 exFAT) normally shoots video without an insertion.  In attempt to establish the ML camera writes: "Update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again. " And after that hangs tightly. It is necessary to take out the accumulator. Other cards (32GB silicone, transcend) normally stitched ML. I remove both usual video, and RAW. Everything turned out, and from new Adata it is impossible. Where is the problem?

Problem is exFAT! Working on FAT32 file system

tool

Any new builds to try?

I have to re-do my ML SDCARD and system, I'm getting pink frames :(

sherpa

marekk

Shots taken in Tanzania between 10.08.2013 and 24.08.2013.
- trekking to Uhuru Peak (Kilimanjaro),
- safari in Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- Zanzibar
Camera: Canon 60D (RAW mode, Magic Lantern) + Canon 7D (for some shots)
Music (free tracks):
Message To Bears - At The Top Of This Hill (LOCO remix)
Melokind - Sunlight

Timelapses shot in standard photo mode and raw video with fps override (no flickering at all).
h264 compression destroyed a lot of details but it's still much better than h264 from the camera.

vertigopix

keikun007

well done Marrek
tell us the setup you used

marekk

My first 60D wedding movie :)

Lens: Sigma 17-50 f2.8 OS
1600x680 24fps upscaled to 1920x816
Prores files created with AE
Edited and stabilized wiht fcpx

After a1ex added this function to raw_rec module I noticed only few pink frames in all recordings.
/* get exclusive access to our edmac channels */
    edmac_memcpy_res_lock();

bjacklee

have anyone tried testing dual iso for 60d?

marekk

ok, here is a fresh build of ML for 60D with all previous raw_rec additional features like lv_af_raw, black_bars, global draw on/of, autoexpo module and DUAL ISO :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jiq5wuzwp6igyi/ml60d_01_09_2013.zip

Quote from: bjacklee on September 01, 2013, 02:19:07 PM
have anyone tried testing dual iso for 60d?

larrycafe

oh, dual ISO? will definitely test it tomorrow, thanks Marekk :)

bjacklee

Quote from: marekk on September 01, 2013, 05:11:18 PM
ok, here is a fresh build of ML for 60D with all previous raw_rec additional features like lv_af_raw, black_bars, global draw on/of, autoexpo module and DUAL ISO :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jiq5wuzwp6igyi/ml60d_01_09_2013.zip

Thank a lot Marekk.. waited patiently for this one.. :D

marekk

Pull request was created yesterday by v8rrc.

Quote from: bjacklee on September 01, 2013, 05:41:23 PM
Thank a lot Marekk.. waited patiently for this one.. :D

larrycafe

took several photos with Dual ISO, it looks good.

Moire are seen on highlight as expected, shadow details are amazing.

will do more testing with real life photo during the weekend.

thanks Marekk and the ML team again for the great work.

From China

Quote from: marekk on May 25, 2013, 12:20:53 AM
pls send me one of your dng files
Hi marekk!
I download the new bulid.i don`t know how to used it.  i press 'load modules now' it can not start RAW video.
How can I do

larrycafe

Quote from: From China on September 02, 2013, 08:44:27 AM
I download the new bulid.i don`t know how to used it.  i press 'load modules now' it can not start RAW video.
How can I do

you need to click on the RAW rec module, so next time when you turn on the camera, you will see the green light next to the module

From China

bjacklee

Hi guys, Ive been digging here for few hours already looking for cr2hdr for mac but none of them worked for me. I have osx 10.6.8.. I hope you can help me with this one.. I'm currently experimenting on 60d dual iso.. :)

marekk

you should to install dcraw and exiftool first

Quote from: bjacklee on September 02, 2013, 01:33:23 PM
Hi guys, Ive been digging here for few hours already looking for cr2hdr for mac but none of them worked for me. I have osx 10.6.8.. I hope you can help me with this one.. I'm currently experimenting on 60d dual iso.. :)

bjacklee

Quote from: marekk on September 02, 2013, 02:16:22 PM
you should to install dcraw and exiftool first

Thanks Marekk.. I'll do it.. :)