60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Kesl

Quote from: John Kesl on July 13, 2013, 08:26:32 PM
Hi Marekk. Fantastic stuff this RAW. I Usually shoot 2.35:1 @ 1600 @ 11.986 and can shoot for 3000 frames. amazing.
Anyway. Was wondering if it's possible to make black box like 5d mkII when recording raw. Thanks.

Britney T

GUYS VERY SIMPLE QUESTION

Ive just dont my first test of raw on the 60D, looking good but WHY does raw2dng automatically create a .mov files with my folders of .dngs?

It looks good in and of itself, what is it?

nanpa

hi marekk,davinci 9.15 now can open dng,so can you fix the bad pixel Problem?sorry my bad english.

vertigopix

Quote from: Britney T on July 14, 2013, 04:24:19 AM
GUYS VERY SIMPLE QUESTION

Ive just dont my first test of raw on the 60D, looking good but WHY does raw2dng automatically create a .mov files with my folders of .dngs?

It looks good in and of itself, what is it?

Sorry but you must do something wrong...
I have used raw2dng several times and it NEVER give me a .mov file...

Can you give us your workflow ?

Britney T

verti, I get about 30secs of continuous raw on my 60D shooting 1280x544. I drag & drop the raw file directly on top of the raw2dng app and it creates the sequenced folder of files automatically on the sdhc card. I then open the first file in the folder and adobe camera raw opens for the color correction, then I render out a sequence from after effects in ProRes.

Everything works FINE! I just want to know why I have an additional .mov file created at the same time of the conversion with the same file name as the dng folder??

Am I using a new version of the app thats designed that way??

@britney t

Im not sure  i understand where youre issue lies in the workflow. First prores creates a .mov but im gonna assume yoiu know that. Perhaps tiff sequence's are set to open by default in QuickTime for you?

marekk

It's not a original raw2dng app but raw2dng GUI frontend. It creates folder with dng file but also a mov file.

Quote from: Britney T on July 14, 2013, 11:13:16 AM
verti, I get about 30secs of continuous raw on my 60D shooting 1280x544. I drag & drop the raw file directly on top of the raw2dng app and it creates the sequenced folder of files automatically on the sdhc card. I then open the first file in the folder and adobe camera raw opens for the color correction, then I render out a sequence from after effects in ProRes.

Everything works FINE! I just want to know why I have an additional .mov file created at the same time of the conversion with the same file name as the dng folder??

Am I using a new version of the app thats designed that way??

Britney T

thanks marek, why is this .mov file created?

Sorry Im new this, is this a raw turned into a quicktime file just without the grade?

tool

Another shot with canon 50mm 1.8, handheld stabilized with AE: https://app.box.com/s/zqrtua5c25y9i3lsyr6j  downscaled to 720p.

I hate going back to h264.

sarotaz

Quote from: tool on July 13, 2013, 10:55:53 PM
I've got bad pixeles before with other builds and high iso. But latest test doesn't show "bad pixeles", I need futher test.

Wich version you use? You have no bad pixel with Resolve too? ACR remove bad pixel itself by opcode tag but resolve doesn't support this tag. Maybe you have bad pixel or stuck pixel but you can't see becouse you use ACR. Right?

tool

Quote from: sarotaz on July 14, 2013, 08:21:23 PM
Wich version you use? You have no bad pixel with Resolve too? ACR remove bad pixel itself by opcode tag but resolve doesn't support this tag. Maybe you have bad pixel or stuck pixel but you can't see becouse you use ACR. Right?
I used ACR, I have to download Resolve. I wish BMD released Resolve 10, without openCL support previewing anything in AE or Resolve it's imposible. On my hackintosh with AMD card MPE works perfect, driving 3 screens, but 24gb of ram it's not enough

tool

Quote from: sarotaz on July 14, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

I've just installed Davinci Resolve. I have to figured out how to "develop the raw".

Imported the DNG as sequence, playback it's smooth (just 7s), much better than expected with an AMD card. But when I sized-up the preview, got this result with ML-RAW-60D-hourly_2013-07-12_13-00, Resolve 9.1.5
http://i.imgur.com/tXZ5oDZ.jpg

Lots of bad pixeles..

sarotaz

Quote from: tool on July 14, 2013, 10:12:30 PM
I've just installed Davinci Resolve. I have to figured out how to "develop the raw".

Imported the DNG as sequence, playback it's smooth (just 7s), much better than expected with an AMD card. But when I sized-up the preview, got this result with ML-RAW-60D-hourly_2013-07-12_13-00, Resolve 9.1.5
http://i.imgur.com/tXZ5oDZ.jpg

Lots of bad pixeles..

yes it isn't a problem of resolve. Your dng sequence is always full of bad pixel..but using ACR you can't see becouse the software automatically removes the bad pixels thanks to a special tag in dng file. Resolve doesn't support this tag then you see it again  ;D

Is only 60D affected by this problem? in 5d mkIII this problem i've never seen.

tool

Quote from: sarotaz on July 14, 2013, 10:28:08 PM
yes it isn't a problem of resolve. Your dng sequence is always full of bad pixel..but using ACR you can't see becouse the software automatically removes the bad pixels thanks to a special tag in dng file. Resolve doesn't support this tag then you see it again  ;D

Is only 60D affected by this problem? in 5d mkIII this problem i've never seen.

I just tried to remap bad pixeles (1 minute on manual cleaning without lens), but still there. But i'm OK with the results with ACR.

Shooting 2-3 minutes worth of footage it's time consuming, 8seconds per take, 25 takes or so! But love the quality. I just need to record all sensor at 1600 or 1280.

marekk

Another option to remove bad pixels is to find:
RAW_TYPE_ADDRESS
and set it in raw.c.

It works for 5dmkIII and 600d.. Unfortunately disassembling is to difficult for me..

Britney T

Does anybody know what the .mov file is after a dng extraction?

iamoui

Quote from: Britney T on July 15, 2013, 05:39:30 PM

Using raw2dng? It automatically creates a prores file. That's what the .mov file is, I believe.

Yuppa

When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Britney T

Yuppa, repsectfully its NOT easily searcable Ive been looking for 2 days, and the link you provided doesnt answer the question either. Is the prores file that the raw2dng app creates raw? It looks like it

albert-e

Quote from: Britney T on July 16, 2013, 03:03:41 AM
Yuppa, repsectfully its NOT easily searcable Ive been looking for 2 days, and the link you provided doesnt answer the question either. Is the prores file that the raw2dng app creates raw? It looks like it

Is the prores file that the raw2dng app creates raw? NO. Prores isn't RAW. C'mon, use your resource, don't you ever heard of "Google" it, use it, you'll learn more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProRes

Yuppa

@Britney T

1. YOU asked, "...why is this .mov file created?"  Answer: It's a prores version.
2. There are quite a few versions of raw2dng out there (both for the Mac and the PC).  It's really quite easy to ask the author of the version you're using, "Why does it do, 'X'?"  They are your best resource.
3. Thread litter (like asking the same question--on the same thread--over and over) is a HUGE issue on any forum.

Search and ask here:

"Topic: raw2dng.app 0.13 Osx GUI development..."
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5508.0

--and--

THIS very thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5653.msg52490#msg52490
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

John Kesl

Go to Raw2Dng Forum and read it. There all your answers will be revealed. do a search for raw2dng and READ THE STUFF.
Furthermore, this forum is not concerned with Raw2DNG app it's concerned with 60D, Hence.

Quote from: Britney T on July 15, 2013, 05:39:30 PM

John Kesl

Hi Marekk.  Was wondering if it's possible to make black box like 5d mkII when recording raw. What I mean is, instead of just a white  rectangle to show recording area, the 5D blocks out the rest of the non recorded area in black and also no GlobalDraw. It's like the black and white preview only it's color, is it possible with the 60D or is outside of the cameras ability? Thanks.

marekk

I think global draw should be ON to do it..

Quote from: John Kesl on July 16, 2013, 10:52:52 PM
Hi Marekk.  Was wondering if it's possible to make black box like 5d mkII when recording raw. What I mean is, instead of just a white  rectangle to show recording area, the 5D blocks out the rest of the non recorded area in black and also no GlobalDraw. It's like the black and white preview only it's color, is it possible with the 60D or is outside of the cameras ability? Thanks.

John Kesl

Quote from: marekk on July 17, 2013, 12:17:24 AM
I think global draw should be ON to do it..

With the 5dmk2 the option to have black border is only available when global draw is off, it's in the RAW rec submenu. I recently shot a short film with my friends mk2 saw the feature and think it's fantastic. I know maybe you don't have the mk2 I'll post some screen grab in an hour or so.