60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarotaz

Quote from: marekk on July 03, 2013, 06:44:50 PM
We can't open files from raw2dng in Davinci Resolve to test it now because it doesn't support 14bit.

I've found the probably fastest way to convert dng  for grading in resolve.
This is my workflow:
1. raw acqusition from camera
2. convert raw in dng sequence with raw2dng (with badpixel_opcode)
3. select all dng files and drag and drop into photoshop
4. camera raw correction for single frame and sync to all
6. set option in 16 bit instead 8 bit with same resolution
7. "select all" button and save images (much faster than rendering in After Effects)

Here i've 2 possibilities (maybe only one): convert dng in digital negative (dng), tiff, or jpeg.
I've tried to save in tiff (not compressed) and resolve open the file sequence correctly but...doesn't read tag and its camera raw is disabled.
If i save in dng, photoshop exports file correctly, but resolve opens this sequence with strange issue: resolution is always low (about 250x260) but read tag and its camera raw work perfectly. Why?

kermitt

Quote from: os6 on July 04, 2013, 04:30:56 PM
Hi kermitt,

the best way is to shoot at fix 24.000 fps. there for you need to activate the FPS override. in die submenu switch the mode "Optimize for" to "Exact FPS". you better switch off Global draw in the overlay tab. thats the setting i got best results. Maybe there are still Pink squares but not as much as before and most of the time only at beginning or end of the recording.

Thanks very much for the tip. It works really well, no pink frames at all !!

Anybody knows how to convert raw file directly to prores 4444 or tiif sequence ? Because converting to dng makes the process very long !
Thanks

kermitt

Quote from: kermitt on July 05, 2013, 10:23:28 AM
Thanks very much for the tip. It works really well, no pink frames at all !!

Anybody knows how to convert raw file directly to prores 4444 or tiif sequence ? Because converting to dng makes the process very long !
Thanks

No pink frames, but now I have colored dead pixels !!!

Doyle4

Quote from: sarotaz on July 05, 2013, 12:41:00 AM
I've found the probably fastest way to convert dng  for grading in resolve.
This is my workflow:
1. raw acqusition from camera
2. convert raw in dng sequence with raw2dng (with badpixel_opcode)
3. select all dng files and drag and drop into photoshop
4. camera raw correction for single frame and sync to all
6. set option in 16 bit instead 8 bit with same resolution
7. "select all" button and save images (much faster than rendering in After Effects)

Here i've 2 possibilities (maybe only one): convert dng in digital negative (dng), tiff, or jpeg.
I've tried to save in tiff (not compressed) and resolve open the file sequence correctly but...doesn't read tag and its camera raw is disabled.
If i save in dng, photoshop exports file correctly, but resolve opens this sequence with strange issue: resolution is always low (about 250x260) but read tag and its camera raw work perfectly. Why?

Sometimes Photoshop preferences is set to open TIFF's in ACR, this sets all settings in ACR back to zero or default, try disabling TIFF's and Jpeg ACR support in Photoshop preferences and give it a try again :)

sarotaz

Quote from: Doyle4 on July 05, 2013, 12:02:47 PM
Sometimes Photoshop preferences is set to open TIFF's in ACR, this sets all settings in ACR back to zero or default, try disabling TIFF's and Jpeg ACR support in Photoshop preferences and give it a try again :)

The problem is in Resolve camera raw not in Adobe camera raw. ACR read dng and tiff correctly.
Davinci with tiff file doesn't enable camera raw setting but opens the tiff sequence correctly.
In reconverted dng file to 16 bit (same 8 bit), davinci camera raw setting is enabled but it opens dng sequence with very low resolution.

Changing these setting, help me to resolve this problem?

UPDATE
I've tried to change setting but no different result. Tiff files extracted by photoshop have metadata (visible in bridge) but resolve doesn't read it. It's a strange problem. Only way is working with reconverted 16 bit dng files but Resolve read bad these file. (a no-sense low resolution and no changes when you try to modify camera raw setting).

Abstrak

So I have a few issues well one mainly. My 2011 iMac isnt fast enough for Resolve.  Some workflows give me hot pixels others dont so I use the raw converter > ACR > AE pro res 4444 > Edit in PP. This gives me the best image thus far.

I shoot with a san disk 45mb/s extreme. I'm getting these weird pink frames at random regardless of the resolution I shoot. Does this have to do with my exposure being right or wrong or what? My last test I shot at 960 x 544 with I think the jun 20th build. Im not near my camera so I have to check when I get in. Any advice is welcome thanks.

sarotaz

Quote from: sarotaz on July 05, 2013, 12:42:25 PM
The problem is in Resolve camera raw not in Adobe camera raw. ACR read dng and tiff correctly.
Davinci with tiff file doesn't enable camera raw setting but opens the tiff sequence correctly.
In reconverted dng file to 16 bit (same 8 bit), davinci camera raw setting is enabled but it opens dng sequence with very low resolution.

Changing these setting, help me to resolve this problem?

UPDATE
I've tried to change setting but no different result. Tiff files extracted by photoshop have metadata (visible in bridge) but resolve doesn't read it. It's a strange problem. Only way is working with reconverted 16 bit dng files but Resolve read bad these file. (a no-sense low resolution and no changes when you try to modify camera raw setting).

ok i ask on BMD forum. Resolve only support cinemaDNG for raw files. No tiff and no dng (16 bit or 8 bit too). This is very bad news. I've tried all convertes: raw2cdng, rawmagic, rawanizer, batchelor, eyeframe. No one supports bad pixel opcode and this is a very big problem.

Until opcode tag will not be included (i hope resolve can read this tag)...raw from 60D with resolve never work.

Marekk no way to remove bad pixel during acquisition?

UPDATE (another one :D)
With lv_af_raw (update 6) no problem in converting to cinemadng (no bad pixel and no artifacts). And obviously camera raw in Resolve works great.
What kind of problems can occur?

Marekk can you compile a special version of last release with lv_af_raw?

os6

Hey Guys,

i made a few tests, but having some pixel problems as you can see ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYdu3Og098

if someone has an solution for me, please PM me or reply!

But RAW video is nice stuff, keep on workin! Love it so far :)

Captured with Canon EOS 60d ISO 80 at 1280c544.

iamoui

Quote from: sarotaz on July 06, 2013, 01:54:00 AM
ok i ask on BMD forum. Resolve only support cinemaDNG for raw files. No tiff and no dng (16 bit or 8 bit too). This is very bad news. I've tried all convertes: raw2cdng, rawmagic, rawanizer, batchelor, eyeframe. No one supports bad pixel opcode and this is a very big problem.

Until opcode tag will not be included (i hope resolve can read this tag)...raw from 60D with resolve never work.

Marekk no way to remove bad pixel during acquisition?

UPDATE (another one :D)
With lv_af_raw (update 6) no problem in converting to cinemadng (no bad pixel and no artifacts). And obviously camera raw in Resolve works great.
What kind of problems can occur?

Marekk can you compile a special version of last release with lv_af_raw?

Sarotaz, I've been using update 6 with lv_af_raw since it's release and get great results in resolve (using rawmagic to convert to cinema dng). I tried a newer update once but realized the dead/hot pixels couldn't be removed so I just stuck with update 6 with lv_af_raw! Works a treat. Obviously moire and aliasing are still an issue but no update is going to fix that and I can work around it.

sarotaz

Quote from: iamoui on July 06, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
Sarotaz, I've been using update 6 with lv_af_raw since it's release and get great results in resolve (using rawmagic to convert to cinema dng). I tried a newer update once but realized the dead/hot pixels couldn't be removed so I just stuck with update 6 with lv_af_raw! Works a treat. Obviously moire and aliasing are still an issue but no update is going to fix that and I can work around it.

yes until rawmagic or raw2cdng will not support badpixel opcode tag i'll use update 6 too.
I ask to Marekk if can rebuild a special version of last update with lv_af_raw.

Nang

Hey guys I have a question, are you guys using a specific picture style? Or just setting to Canon's neutral settings? I've been using VisionTech picture style, but was wondering if I should stick to something more "bland/neutral" and do the color retouching in post.

Thanks
Portfolio: somnang.4ormat.com | Video: https://vimeo.com/somnang
Prime: Olympus Zuiko OM 24mm f/2.8 | Rokinon Cine 85mm T/1.5 | Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f/1.4 | Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0 | Jupiter 37A 135mm f/3.5
Zoom: Meteor 5-1 17-69mm f/1.9, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, Tamron 24-70mm Di VC f/2.

iamoui

Quote from: Nang on July 06, 2013, 09:22:23 PM
Hey guys I have a question, are you guys using a specific picture style? Or just setting to Canon's neutral settings? I've been using VisionTech picture style, but was wondering if I should stick to something more "bland/neutral" and do the color retouching in post.

Thanks

Nang,

Picture profile settings whilst shooting raw are irrelevant. The only thing it will affect is what you view on the LCD screen. What you're capturing with raw, from what I understand, is the data directly from the sensor before it goes through any processing (such as picture profile application).

I usually use landscape profile to view on the LCD to help with achieving critical focus.

Britney T

Hi guys, sorry I'm new to this 28 page thread. Is there anyone that can outline the steps including the most up to date file for the raw version of ML on the 60D

Thanks for all the developers and testers do, so exciting!

os6

Hey All,

@kermitt
to remove colored Pixel just update your raw2dng.exe with one of the hourly compiled one's. Worked fine for me. If u use "BATCHelor_2.3" you can replace the raw2dng.exe in the directory of the programm.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kitzbmanifb6sf/qgkHzW3gn2

@Britney T
If u like 2 shoot raw footage, you need to follow the instuctions on 1st page. the last update must be 9 includes all you need.

Btw new test-footage soon without bad pixel :)

@Dev's
is there something special we need to test on raw shooting? I'd like to help improving this modul!

marekk

I prepared a special version of ML for 60D and we've got now:

- raw video start delay (code from Tragic Lantern)
- option to set LV_AF_RAW in raw_rec menu
- cleaned dng headers + colormatrix1, colormatrix2, cameracalibration1, cameracalibration2

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-HdscXfsKpgaG1PXzVQMmlVRkU/edit?usp=sharing

pls let me know if it works on your cameras..

Britney T

Marrek thanks for that link the list of files look different to all the others I spent time looking for but where on earth to I start with the downloads?

I know the rawdng is for post and what sys files are but what are all the others??

Sorry if this has already been answered, can I suggest another page for the updated info? Most people like me get lost in 28 pages of advice.

Thanks for all you guys do

keikun007

hi, i have ML 2.3 installed in my SD and i have only one sd card
how do i update and install this mod? i have to simply replace the files for the nightly one and then put this over?

help me

sarotaz

Quote from: marekk on July 07, 2013, 03:53:58 PM
I prepared a special version of ML for 60D and we've got now:

- raw video start delay (code from Tragic Lantern)
- option to set LV_AF_RAW in raw_rec menu
- cleaned dng headers + colormatrix1, colormatrix2, cameracalibration1, cameracalibration2

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-HdscXfsKpgaG1PXzVQMmlVRkU/edit?usp=sharing

pls let me know if it works on your cameras..

Thank you Marekk. Great job. This version works perfect for me. With lv_af_raw finally i can work with resolve without bad pixel.

iamoui

Quote from: sarotaz on July 07, 2013, 06:02:58 PM
Thank you Marekk. Great job. This version works perfect for me. With lv_af_raw finally i can work with resolve without bad pixel.

I will second this! Thank you so much Marekk. Your new build works perfect for me, too. RAWMagic and Resolve and no bad pixels!

Britney T

Hi guys Ive got the latest nightly vers working ok but cant scan the modules

Im using the latest, as suggested....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-HdscXfsKpgaG1PXzVQMmlVRkU/edit

But there are a few extra file there I dont know what to do with, that weren't in the original package

os6

Hi Guys,

here an updated RAW-Movie version. This time with a newer raw2dng version. Still have problems with the best encoding for youtube, but thats another Point. Hope you like it.

@keikun007
you just need to replace the autoexec.bin and add the new ML folder. If you start your camera in manual mode you can choose in the Magic Lantern menu an new tab called "M" there you find the RAW video module.

sarotaz

https://vimeo.com/69838339

This is a very short test with raw2cdng and last release of RAW rec of Marekk (thanks again ;) )
Works great but i've noticed in some parts of image (highlight and shadow) a sort of pink/magenta artifacts of chromatic aberrations.
I've used raw2cdng to convert for resolve workflow. I'll try to convert another one with magicraw.

marekk

try this tutorial

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6845.0

Quote from: sarotaz on July 07, 2013, 07:55:16 PM
https://vimeo.com/69838339

This is a very short test with raw2cdng and last release of RAW rec of Marekk (thanks again ;) )
Works great but i've noticed in some parts of image (highlight and shadow) a sort of pink/magenta artifacts of chromatic aberrations.
I've used raw2cdng to convert for resolve workflow. I'll try to convert another one with magicraw.

tool

It's possible to record with Line skipping?, I don't like cropping a canon wide-angle lens.

Recording for example 960 with center crop it's too small.

rsbruins

Hey guys,

I dont know if this is already common knowledge but i was struggling with it for a while..
When I used raw_rec and the first time it worked but after that i got the Pink image. Now I
found the solution I think. The resolution is 1743 x 976 at default and this size gives me the pink image.
If i choose 1720x968 I dont get it and it works fine.