60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burni_

Quote from: Nickbibs on June 20, 2013, 08:45:48 PM
Thanks man. It's not pixelation it's in the original DNG's too. I rendered at MAX quality on every setting in Premiere Pro.  Looks like MoirĂ© and Aliasing because of all the buildings. All the close up shots don't show any video artifacts...Hmmm

Actually... it's not normal/natural... somehow i had the same problem a while ago. Instead of using square pixels the DNGs were made of rectangular ones. I have no clue why did it do that. I do believe it has something to do with a specific resolution. The original DNG files looked like really poor resolution and they were in 1280x720p... I'm still searching for an explanation but I can't reproduce that effect. I am noticing you had your shutter speed cranked up. I had mine as well, but I see ABSOLUTELY NO connection between shutter and the DNGs pixel mode.

TRULY WEIRD :|

jayhas

Quote from: DavidSmolik on June 20, 2013, 10:19:53 PM
The last build is amazing! ML-RAW-60D-hourly_2013-06-20_17-40
On 1472x616 from 335 to 401 frames.
Keep on doing absolutely great job guys!!! :)

Edit: Every frame counts! ;) Gonna do tommorow more tests and put another spreadsheet here.

Using the same build I got 197-199 frames for 1728 x 736 (25fps). Previously as in my two videos it was 178 frames. Yes, every frame counts!

Nickbibs

Quote from: Burni_ on June 21, 2013, 12:32:21 AM
Actually... it's not normal/natural... somehow i had the same problem a while ago. Instead of using square pixels the DNGs were made of rectangular ones. I have no clue why did it do that. I do believe it has something to do with a specific resolution. The original DNG files looked like really poor resolution and they were in 1280x720p... I'm still searching for an explanation but I can't reproduce that effect. I am noticing you had your shutter speed cranked up. I had mine as well, but I see ABSOLUTELY NO connection between shutter and the DNGs pixel mode.

That is really strange! And it sucks that it happened to the footage!!! I did have the shutter higher but under 1000....hmm More testing time!!

Nickbibs

Quote from: DavidSmolik on June 20, 2013, 10:19:53 PM
The last build is amazing! ML-RAW-60D-hourly_2013-06-20_17-40
On 1472x616 from 335 to 401 frames.
Keep on doing absolutely great job guys!!! :)

Edit: Every frame counts! ;) Gonna do tommorow more tests and put another spreadsheet here.

Where does one find these Hourly builds?

Nickbibs

Quote from: Burni_ on June 21, 2013, 12:32:21 AM

Just tested at 1600x670 and your right!!!! Weird pixilation is gone!!

dubarry

Burni_

Quote from: Nickbibs on June 21, 2013, 02:07:17 AM
Just tested at 1600x670 and your right!!!! Weird pixilation is gone!!

Yup... really weird! Do you get crappy stuff at 16:9 - 1344 x "whatever the height was" ?

Anybody else getting rectangular pixels on the 1280x720p ?

Nickbibs

^Weird for sure! Hopefully it will be fixed in later builds! Also, I just lost 90 frames randomly today shooting at 1472x616!!^

Quote from: dubarry on June 21, 2013, 02:24:15 AM
here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kitzbmanifb6sf/qgkHzW3gn2

and even more interesting, if you are so inclined, follow some ongoing developments here

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6662.0

Thanks bro!

sdogle

my raw2dng is processing with no output files.....

mva

sdogle

i installed BATCHelor 2.0 also and they weren't working earlier........ but for whatever reason its working....... and i'm getting 125-136 frames at the max resolution as opposed to yesterdays 68-75.... i'm gonna shoot some stuff and upload it later. i looooooooove this. thanks everyone.

mva

My raw2dng is working now. I think before I turned off the camera too soon after completing the shot and the .raw file was corrupted. I'm getting around 125 frames now too at 1728 x 972 (was getting around 109 before). Very nice!

DavidSmolik

I have a question for you guys. It has probably been answered or it's obvious but.. Why can 60D record max resolution of 1734x976? It's a hardware limitation (processor, SD card, ...)?

mva

Quote from: DavidSmolik on June 21, 2013, 09:52:02 AM
I have a question for you guys. It has probably been answered or it's obvious but.. Why can 60D record max resolution of 1734x976? It's a hardware limitation (processor, SD card, ...)?

It's determined by the size of the liveview image. See here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5653.msg42453#msg42453

mfegus

Hi to all! I am following this forum for a while. Since the beginning I was testing hourly releases and I must say you guys (a1ex, marekk) have been doing a really great job. I want to ask about possibilities of faster writing speeds via usb port or even hdmi. Is there any way to achieve longer recording times (just asking for theoretically posibilities)?

I also made short video three weeks ago. I like the details and richness of color raw footage delivers.

DavidSmolik

Quote from: mfegus on June 21, 2013, 12:22:45 PM
Hi to all! I am following this forum for a while. Since the beginning I was testing hourly releases and I must say you guys (a1ex, marekk) have been doing a really great job. I want to ask about possibilities of faster writing speeds via usb port or even hdmi. Is there any way to achieve longer recording times (just asking for theoretically posibilities)?

I also made short video three weeks ago. I like the details and richness of color raw footage delivers.

Absolutely beautiful video! The color and detail is amazing!

aace

Quote from: mfegus on June 21, 2013, 12:22:45 PM

Beautiful video. What version of the raw2dng are you using to get rid of the dead pixels?

CFP

Quote from: DavidSmolik on June 21, 2013, 09:52:02 AM
Why can 60D record max resolution of 1734x976?
Because the camera doesn't read the whole 5184 X 3456 sensor but skips every third line and column to get a resolution which is small enough to get processed in real time so it can be used as LiveView preview (That's also causing the strong aliasing on the Canon DSLRs). Magic Lantern just saves the images before they get processed :D

mfegus

Quote from: aace on June 21, 2013, 12:55:53 PM
Beautiful video. What version of the raw2dng are you using to get rid of the dead pixels?

If you look closely there is two kind of footage - some has dead pixels and some not. They were also converted in two different versions of raw2tng. And the non-dead-pixel-version of the raw2tng is ... I dont know - from around 5th or 6th of june...

vertigopix

mfegus

Can

Which RAW to DNG software is best for avoiding hot/dead pixels? I have tried Eyeframe, and while it sets up a nice folder tree for working with the footage, my shots look almost freckled they are so spotty...hopefully it's not the camera  :P

vertigopix

Quote from: mfegus on June 21, 2013, 03:38:07 PM
Yep, Slovenia. :) - Been there? ;)

Yep !  8) and i'm an "half" from Trogir, Croatia.  :)

marekk

standard raw2dng app

Quote from: Can on June 21, 2013, 03:39:59 PM
Which RAW to DNG software is best for avoiding hot/dead pixels? I have tried Eyeframe, and while it sets up a nice folder tree for working with the footage, my shots look almost freckled they are so spotty...hopefully it's not the camera  :P