60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bioskop.Inc

Quote from: D1rtMcGirt on June 10, 2013, 06:50:20 PM
And with that you mean it's broken still on the 60D?  ???

When the question was asked one of the developers basically said "forget it".
SD controller in the camera isn't fast enough, so we're kinda still in the same position as before this hack.

sarotaz

Quote from: sarotaz on June 09, 2013, 02:23:39 PM
hey guys i've tried to install update 8 but it forces my camera to rec to 10.1 mb/s instead 20/21 mb/s (with update 6 without lv_af_raw).
This issue reduce frame recorded (same resolution 960x540) from 8000+ to 530.  :-\

ok i've installed last night build and update 8. On recording with global draw ON i've 10 mb/s writing speed and max 530 frame, but with global draw OFF i've 20/21 mbs writing speed and 8000+ frame.

With update 6 i can recording with global draw ON or OFF over 8000 frame. Why?

a1ex

Obviously, the overlays don't run on water, they need some CPU power too. Turn off some of them...

sarotaz

Quote from: a1ex on June 10, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
Obviously, the overlays don't run on water, they need some CPU power too. Turn off some of them...

i agree but with update 6 this doesn't happen. However with lv_af_raw i've hot or dead pixel (after sensor cleaning too). How i can resolve?

marekk

you need a fresh raw2dng

Quote from: sarotaz on June 10, 2013, 08:05:06 PM
i agree but with update 6 this doesn't happen. However with lv_af_raw i've hot or dead pixel (after sensor cleaning too). How i can resolve?

marekk

sarotaz

Quote from: marekk on June 10, 2013, 08:22:09 PM
no.. I can send you raw_rec for Mac if you want.. ?

raw_rec? maybe raw2dng...i prefer win but ok...send me mac version thanks

marekk

marekk

sarotaz

Quote from: marekk on June 10, 2013, 08:39:17 PM
It looks like rocket compiles raw2dng for windows :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kitzbmanifb6sf/qgkHzW3gn2

All WORK PERFECT!!! thanks a lot for help and quick response  :)

cthornhill

Thanks for the posts guys (esp. marekk and sarotaz) your other posts got me fixed too...I updated my raw2dng, and rebuilt my ML cards with build 8. This cleared up my 'double raw menu' issues. I then turned off global draw, and did a test...no more pink blocks (at least in 960x540), and of course the new raw2dng fixed the stuck pixel issue. So WAYYYY better than my last run at this over the weekend... :-)

I do hope we can actually reach a point where global draw can run when we grab raw...I really like having my waveforms or histogram, but for now at least I can swap that on or off as needed.

Again - many thanks for all the posts from everyone - it let me infer what I needed and get things cleaned up.

in other topics (in case it helps others) I do have A Mosaic Eng. filter, and when I get a chance I will try some shots in raw and see if it does impact the image - I know in normal (compressed HD) footage the filter does what it advertises and clean up moire and aliasing...I will let you know what I find out, but it may be a few days before I can do a good test.

psihodrill

It`s possible add ChangeLog to ML releases? For better testing. in this way i can know things i shod test.

SDX

It is up to the person who is compiling and distributing the update to document the changes.

However, everybody can see a very detailed log about all changes to the code here: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/branch/unified

Bioskop.Inc

Quote from: psihodrill on June 11, 2013, 04:34:59 PM
It`s possible add ChangeLog to ML releases? For better testing. in this way i can know things i shod test.

Ours is an automatic update now, you get it from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1kitzbmanifb6sf/qgkHzW3gn2

So you just check here to find out what's been implemented/changed:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits/all

ilguercio

I am downloading the auto generated builds from the first post of the thread and i get error 80 whenever i try to load modules with the latest build. Anybody else has the same problem?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

brapodam

Quote from: ilguercio on June 13, 2013, 03:37:45 AM
I am downloading the auto generated builds from the first post of the thread and i get error 80 whenever i try to load modules with the latest build. Anybody else has the same problem?
Yes I get the same problem. Just use the older builds provided in dropbox, they work fine for me. Just keep going one build older until you get one that works.

marekk

I've just tested it and latest build (ML-RAW-60D-hourly_2013-06-13_16-50.zip) works on my 60D without issues. Please replace all files on your sd card (autoexec.bin and all files from modules directory: file_man.mo, magic.sym, pic_view.mo and raw_rec.mo)

Quote from: ilguercio on June 13, 2013, 03:37:45 AM

Monticapone

Tested mine out again, 1280x720. Get until 350 Frames or so until it stops.
https://vimeo.com/68256958
The felxibility is enormous!

tool

Tried yesterday build.

With my 32gb Sandisk Extreme 45mb/s with 1280x720 I'm getting 315 frames. I would like to have 1280 without crop too :(

MagicRaw fast and easy converting RAW to DNG.

I've thought that 600D was better than my 60D for having UHS but it's useless!

Hate to change picture quality each time for pictures-- raw.

The same principle applies for the H264 video recording (more buffer with S1 mode selected?). This could make high bitrates without buffer erros?

Thank you ML team :D

OrionnebelGalaxie17

I filmed a video with more than 4 gb, now i have a winrar and .raw file. I can't open none of the two with winrar or raw2dng. Is there a solution...  :-[ :-[ :-[ please help?

xenocide38

Highly detailed textures and patterns test:

ilguercio

@marekk:i in fact replaced every file but as another user reported i got err80. It's gone now so "who cares" :D
I tried to record at max raw resolution but i get pink frames and they are not aligned. Also, if i let the buffer fill up i get an error on the screen and the file does not get recorded. All in all i don't think i am going to use raw video that much, not unless it's 10 bit because it is a bit too hard to get the most out of it right now.
I appreciate the effort but it's not a feature for me :D
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

tin2tin

@ marekk
Could you add a link to the automatic builds in the first post, so it would be easy to find?

marekk

It's there from the beginning :)

Quote from: tin2tin on June 14, 2013, 10:07:26 AM
@ marekk
Could you add a link to the automatic builds in the first post, so it would be easy to find?