60D RAW video - it's working !!!

Started by marekk, May 24, 2013, 09:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotik

Quote from: marekk on June 04, 2013, 08:54:44 PM
I've just uploaded a new build of ML for 60D with raw_rec, file manager and picture viewer. We can now view DNG and RAW files.

Play back of RAW video is black and white?
My first Canon: FTb QL (Quick Loading), my first digital Canon: 20D 2.0.3
The current one: Canon EOS R

marekk

dubarry

Thanks Marekk

and Kotik thanks for the SD card stats. Very helpful.

Marsu42

Yippee, I also got it compiled and working on 60 :-) ...

... but raw2dng tool compilation fails, has anyone else had this problem on Windows (I use mingw32 x86 (mingw-w64 doesnt work at all)) - doh.

[ MODULE   ]   raw_rec.mo
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c: In function 'main':
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:38:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fseeko' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
raw2dng.o:raw2dng.c:(.text.startup+0x58): undefined reference to `fseeko'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [raw2dng] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ml/ml-trunk/modules/raw_rec'
make: *** [all] Error 2

marekk

I had to install gcc-multilib on ubuntu to compile raw2dng but on Windows... I really don't know ;)))

Quote from: Marsu42 on June 04, 2013, 11:04:21 PM
Yippee, I also got it compiled and working on 60 :-) ...

... but raw2dng tool compilation fails, has anyone else had this problem on Windows (I use mingw32 x86 (mingw-w64 doesnt work at all)) - doh.

[ MODULE   ]   raw_rec.mo
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c: In function 'main':
../lv_rec/raw2dng.c:38:5: warning: implicit declaration of function 'fseeko' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
[ GCC      ]   raw2dng
raw2dng.o:raw2dng.c:(.text.startup+0x58): undefined reference to `fseeko'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [raw2dng] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ml/ml-trunk/modules/raw_rec'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Marsu42

Quote from: marekk on June 04, 2013, 11:25:33 PM
I had to install gcc-multilib on ubuntu to compile raw2dng but on Windows

Thanks, at least now I know why the compile also fails on my Linux x86_64 vm :-p ...

day2

Hello,

I am having an issue. Whenever I try to process the footage in AE it get this error after hitting import. "After Effects error: the file format module could not parse the file. ( 45 :: 35 )" I followed all of the instructions of this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fGIIAQXXxQ

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be most appreciated.

saeed2vfx

Quote from: day2 on June 05, 2013, 12:00:46 AM
Hello,

I am having an issue. Whenever I try to process the footage in AE it get this error after hitting import. "After Effects error: the file format module could not parse the file. ( 45 :: 35 )" I followed all of the instructions of this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fGIIAQXXxQ

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be most appreciated.

what footage?

you should convert 'raw' file to dng , then use in AE  ;)

try with this :
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0

kotik

I was tired of opening the SD card on my Mac, copying the ML RAW files to my Desktop, drop them on raw2dng en delete the old RAW files on my Desktop.
I'm not a software programmer but made this possible with Apple's Automator.

1. Insert the SD-card
2. Start the Automator "ML RAW 2 DNG v0.01" task and the program will find the RAW files on your SD-card!
3. Wait till the RAW files are copied to a folder on your desktop named "ML RAW - {year}{month}{day}" and processed by raw2dng.
4. Press "Yes" to delete or "No" to keep the RAW files in the "ML RAW - {year}{month}{day}" folder.

Have fun!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6VUdellP9ybQXE3WkdCWngyYUU/edit?usp=sharing

day2

Quote from: saeed2vfx on June 05, 2013, 08:55:34 AM
what footage?

you should convert 'raw' file to dng , then use in AE  ;)

try with this :
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0

I did process the raw files to get a dng sequence. Now when I try to bring that sequence into AE I get that error.

kotik

Quote from: day2 on June 05, 2013, 05:15:29 PM
I did process the raw files to get a dng sequence. Now when I try to bring that sequence into AE I get that error.

Try opening a DNG in PhotoShop. Your RAW file is possibly corrupted if the DNG converter can't open it!

Bioskop.Inc

@ Marekk.

Thanks for the newest compile, looking good.
Just got continuous recording with 2.35:1 @ 960x416, it didn't even break sweat - 1 star flashing & 15.6MB/s (stopped after 13000 frames). And this was on a Transcend 16gb class 10 SD card.

I think we need some more crop sizes that are around the 1000x... mark for longer recording times & better resolution.
Just nobody seems up for implementing them for our crippled cameras!

saeed2vfx

Quote from: kotik on June 05, 2013, 01:23:44 PM
I was tired of opening the SD card on my Mac, copying the ML RAW files to my Desktop, drop them on raw2dng en delete the old RAW files on my Desktop.
I'm not a software programmer but made this possible with Apple's Automator.

1. Insert the SD-card
2. Start the Automator "ML RAW 2 DNG v0.01" task and the program will find the RAW files on your SD-card!
3. Wait till the RAW files are copied to a folder on your desktop named "ML RAW - {year}{month}{day}" and processed by raw2dng.
4. Press "Yes" to delete or "No" to keep the RAW files in the "ML RAW - {year}{month}{day}" folder.

Have fun!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6VUdellP9ybQXE3WkdCWngyYUU/edit?usp=sharing

wow! can you made another version for windows??

I have many idea for ML (in camera) where I can say my idea??

kotik

Quote from: saeed2vfx on June 05, 2013, 06:38:11 PM
wow! can you made another version for windows??

If Microsoft did have a build-in OS program like AppleScript/Automator I could!  8)

saeed2vfx

Quote from: kotik on June 05, 2013, 07:05:25 PM
If Microsoft did have a build-in OS program like AppleScript/Automator I could!  8)

http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

I know, you can !  ;D

DerekDock

Of course I trust Magic Lantern a little too much after my tests on Monday and shot some paid work yesterday with it. And now I can't any of my RAW files to read after they are converted to DNGs. Are they corrupted? Any way to salvage these? I have about 50 clips that won't open anywhere. Tried on PC and Mac. Same issues. Any solution would be a lifesaver at this point.
www.vimeo.com/leftcoastdigital
www.twitter.com/derekdock

xenocide38

Anyone know what's causing the pink/corrupted digital garbage?

Bioskop.Inc

Just remember that you are all Alpha testing something & it isn't the finished article by a long shot!
Read the threads for 600D & 550D, as there is some useful info in them that could answer some of your questions.

Also, this thread will help a great deal with reducing sensor noise when using smaller crops of 960x544 etc...
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6076.0

DerekDock

Quote from: Bioskop.Inc on June 06, 2013, 01:04:13 AM
Just remember that you are all Alpha testing something & it isn't the finished article by a long shot!
Read the threads for 600D & 550D, as there is some useful info in them that could answer some of your questions.

Also, this thread will help a great deal with reducing sensor noise when using smaller crops of 960x544 etc...

Oh I understand. Doesn't mean it isn't frustrating to lose work. Risk and rewards for sure.
www.vimeo.com/leftcoastdigital
www.twitter.com/derekdock

albert-e

Quote from: Bioskop.Inc on June 06, 2013, 01:04:13 AM

The link you gave was about ETTR and has nothing to do with the corruption (pink burst). And besides ETTR is not yet implemented on 60D. What's the point bud?

albert-e

Quote from: xenocide38 on June 05, 2013, 11:29:18 PM
Anyone know what's causing the pink/corrupted digital garbage?

1. On my tests with update #7 (not on update #6), I see the same corruption on 1280x720 (stopped at 197 frames)
2. 960x544 is the best resolution for our 60D's, 1 or 2 frame skipping. There's no consistency yet on my testing and my own opinion(a job well done though for Mareek). I'm hoping for the best as we give feedback (constructive ) to our developers.
3. Noisy above ISO 100 (inconsistent results).

Note:
Raw Video: Frame skipping should be OFF (on nightly build 040613, update #7)

iamoui

Quote from: albert-e on June 06, 2013, 02:03:24 AM
The link you gave was about ETTR and has nothing to do with the corruption (pink burst). And besides ETTR is not yet implemented on 60D. What's the point bud?

I think I remember someone mention having global draw on can produce the magenta frames.

albert-e

Quote from: iamoui on June 06, 2013, 03:28:52 AM
I think I remember someone mention having global draw on can produce the magenta frames.

I did try your suggestion on global raw. I turned it off and voila! - no magenta frames or pink burst.
At 1280x720, 176 frames and consistently tried it 3x, so far so good. More tests to come on different resolution!. We learn everyday. Thanks!

Update:
Turn Off/On camera. Load modules/Raw On, Global draw/ON. At 1280x720, no more magenta frames or pink burst. Whoa!. I have to do more tests! Live to learn!

iamoui

Quote from: albert-e on June 06, 2013, 04:34:07 AM

I did try your suggestion on global raw. I turned it off and voila! - no magenta frames or pink burst.
At 1280x720, 176 frames and consistently tried it 3x, so far so good. More tests to come on different resolution!. We learn everyday. Thanks!

No problem! I'm learning things everyday by visiting this forum. Loving the 60D raw recording! Serious thanks to all the ML developers and especially marekk

marekk

Last build doesn't include lv_af_raw option which enables edge detection mechanism (used normally with autofocus). It doesn't produce magenta frames and dead/hot pixels but it was removed from ML. There could be a lot of magenta because of tint set to high value. You can simply decrease tint when you open dng files in AE (for example).

Quote from: iamoui on June 06, 2013, 03:28:52 AM